Old 01-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
jmmashi
Human being with feelings

Default Recording Midi

I have setup my Yamaha M08 to act as the Midi keyboard via my audio interface I would like to record my piano. when I try to record in Reaper all I get is the red signal line moving no sound or the green line can any one help a newie to reaper.

I have set the monitor to on
I have set the record to arm, red signal line moves but not the green, therfore can record.

What I have realised is that I am not getting the sound when playing the keyboard.

Please help.

Thansk
Joe

Last edited by jmmashi; 01-01-2012 at 04:18 PM.
jmmashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
KevinW
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmashi View Post
I have setup my Yamaha M08 to act as the Midi keyboard via my audio interface I would like to record my piano. when I try to record in Reaper all I get is the red signal line moving no sound or the green line can any one help a newie to reaper.

I have set the monitor to on
I have set the record to arm, red signal line moves but not the green, therfore can record.

What I have realised is that I am not getting the sound when playing the keyboard.

Please help.

Thansk
Joe
Are you trying to use the MO8 as the sound generator? And also capture the MIDI at the same time? If so, you need to send the midi back out of reaper and into the MO8, then connect the MO8 audio out to an audio input on your sound card.
You'll need to make sure you've got the keyboard enabled as a MIDI output, under Preferences/MIDI devices. Then, on the track that is receiving the MIDI input, click the I/O button, and choose the keyboard as a MIDI Hardware Output. You still won't hear anything until you connect the audio output from the keyboard, though. Remember, MIDI is just data. It does not make a sound.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote