Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-12-2015, 07:05 AM   #1
aspiringSynthesisingAlch
Human being with feelings

Default BRAND NEW MIDI KEYBOARD STOPPED WORKING :(

I've finally got reaper up with reasynth and some others, everything was ok yesterday.

It's an evolution mk-461c , on win7 x64. started like a dream.

I was just about to try and load a preset (still working through getting started), and I find no midi coming in.

Changed USB port, device recognised. Enabled in midi devices, insert virtual instrument on new track normally sorts all the routing out. even tried directsound to eliminate asio client/exclusivity issues (using realtek 'hd'.)

I have a yamaha psr-170 that has no global channel or cc control. that is hooked up to MIDI-> usb. That WORKS.

Have i broke my brand new usb already, and if so how?

Is there a(n EASY) way of monitoring midi input in reaper (to see what if anything is coming in)? MIDI-OX scares me.

The device is recognised by the enigma software that I THOUGHT replaced the sysex librarian software (for preset/patch mgmt via usb).

Please help. I've been waiting nearly a year for this day, and finally my toy arrives and already the game is over?
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:15 AM   #2
Gerry P

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiringSynthesisingAlch View Post
Is there a(n EASY) way of monitoring midi input in reaper (to see what if anything is coming in)?
arm your midi track and if properly connected, you will see a red-bar indicator in the VU meter flash as you press your midi keyboard...
Old 04-12-2015, 08:45 AM   #3
aspiringSynthesisingAlch

Default no VU indication

Fixed it and it's broke again...

I turn it on, and it's ok... if I ever disconnect or try and change anything I have problems.

Keyboard has power on/off switch. Does reaper need to be closed first, before turning off synth?

When my keyboard switches on, it says cc 73. trying to work out why. I did something and it changed to 144.

restarting reaper reinstalling device and factory resetting didn't fix it this time.

RESET reaper settings fixed it. back to square one!

The LCD now says 144, in the corner is last touched (ie pitch bend, all I've done!!) 22.

can anyone translate this?! 'guide' here

Last edited by aspiringSynthesisingAlch; 04-12-2015 at 08:53 AM.
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:54 AM   #4
rhythmtech

i recently had trouble with an akai class compliant midi controller (as yours is). turned out to be a windows problem.

heres a fix tutorial.

http://www.numark.com/kb/article/1619
rhythmtech is offline   Reply With Quote