Old 12-23-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
puke
Human being with feelings

Default steinberg mr816 no sound to monitors

I just got got a steinberg mr816 audio interface.
I have only been using reaper for a couple weeks, been deep into recording when it was 2 inch, now been out for 20 years..this is my first step back into the business.
At this point I have things configured so that all 8 channels will work and record onto tracks into the reaper software.
However, my headphone outs get nothing at all. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I used a little scarlet 2i2 for a couple weeks to get used to it, but I don't recall even having to do anything for the headphones to work.
I've been doing a lot of searching on the web and am not finding anything (yet) where someone has had the same problem as me.

If anyone can, please advise.
puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:42 AM   #2
beingmf

In the MR Editor: Did you select the proper headphone output? (has to be clicked for the respective output in order to be active)
Old 12-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
puke

So far I don't yet know where or what the MR editor would be. I am able to listen to sound if I use outputs 1 and 2 for my left and right (got that far up late last night, but that's it), but I know there has to be a way to send the sound to the headphones. And I don't know where the mr editor is in my computer. Maybe that's the key.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
puke

OK,
I did a search on my computer and found the mr editor (still don't know how to find it otherwise). I hope this gets me somewhere. Im getting so old I have brain farts and forget. Thank you so much.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:22 AM   #5
puke

So.
The MR editor, I believe. Has solved it.
Also, have another question. I had a little scarlet for a couple weeks before I bought this. It had a little switch to let you choose to listen to your sound in real time (on it's way in...so to speak) to eliminate latency while recording. I don't see a switch on this thing. Is there something in the MR editor that let's you switch between listening to the input as it's going in vs. after it's in the computer. Not sure the name for this but I think there is a name..