Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 11-04-2019, 03:43 AM   #1
Charmander21
Human being with feelings

Default Reveal track in media explorer, at matched timecode

I often deal with dialogue in Reaper. Sometimes I might have a 10 minute or longer interview which I've cut down and placed in tracks. It would be really useful to be able to click at a specific point in time on one of these items, and have the original file appear in Media Explorer at the same timecode. (i.e. at the point in the original where the same audio appears)

This is a feature common to video editing programs, and usually called 'match frame' - allowing you to quickly go back to the same point in the original file, But it's also really useful when editing dialogue.
Charmander21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:35 AM   #2
worldwideweary
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander21 View Post
I often deal with dialogue in Reaper. Sometimes I might have a 10 minute or longer interview which I've cut down and placed in tracks. It would be really useful to be able to click at a specific point in time on one of these items, and have the original file appear in Media Explorer at the same timecode. (i.e. at the point in the original where the same audio appears)

This is a feature common to video editing programs, and usually called 'match frame' - allowing you to quickly go back to the same point in the original file, But it's also really useful when editing dialogue.

The following suggestion doesn't do what you're desiring exactly, but it might help:

Right-click media item → Item Settings → Display Item Ruler → Source Time.
There's also an action for this entitled [Item Properties: Display Item Source Time Ruler/In H:M:S Format]

The result gives something like:

Attached Images
File Type: png time_ruler.png (2.7 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by worldwideweary; 11-12-2019 at 10:44 AM.
worldwideweary is offline   Reply With Quote