Old 12-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
kaalvoet
Human being with feelings

Default zoom R8

I have been using Cubase Sx2 for the past couple of years, and is looking into converting to Reaper on Ubuntu/wineasio. I consider upgrading my audio interface (after using the Edirol UA25 for quite some time) too.

I mostly record demos, with a maximum of two simultaneous tracks at a time, and band rehearsals.

Has anyone used the Zoom R8 with Reaper? It seems like a nifty piece of hardware. Is there anything else I should look into (with the emphasis on portability)?

Thanx
kaalvoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
tls11823
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaalvoet View Post
Has anyone used the Zoom R8 with Reaper?
I've never used the R8, but I use my R16 as the primary audio interface to my laptop when using Reaper. It works great. I believe you'll get similar functionality with the R8, just with fewer inputs.

You may want to check the Zoom forums for more information on the R8. http://2090.org/zoom/bbs/index.php