Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
Acrid
Human being with feelings

Default USB-Interface & Reaper wiring

Hello everyone.

First: thanks for the forum and second I apologize that I could not find my question here in the forum within reasonable time. Thanks for helping me.

I´m new to reaper and already got through some tutorials w.r.t. wiring and setting in- and outputs right. I got Guitar Rig Mobile and played around with the different ouput settings.(per USB or onboard ect...)

So my question would be, if I would buy e.g. a ESI ESU 1808 Audiointerface with 18 in & 8 outs, could I really:

- plug in 2 Guitars
- 1 Bass
- 2 mics
- some Drum mics

Set the output in Reaper to:
- put one Guitar one one output
- the other on another output
- every mic on one output
- the drums on one output
- still have 3 outputs left to set

and if this is not enough could I still set Guitar Rig for each of my two Guitars as a VST, some effects for the mics and drums and play that all together whithout big delays live over my computer?

Sorry, might be a silly question but would be very interesting for me if this would still be possible.

Please don´t blame me for being such a noob with recording and just honestly answer.

Thanks a lot eryone!

Regards,
Thorsten.
Acrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
Acrid

Default Noone?

Hi Guys,

noone to help me out? Is my question to dumb?

Try it simple:

Could I use the hardware mentioned, reaper and still use VSTs while jamming with two guitars, mic, drums without any recognized delay of the sound and still record it? Or do I just want too much at once?

Just don´t want to spend 400EUR on this thing and then recognize that the latency at all is never going to work properly...

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Th.
Acrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
jameswadewilson

This may be too late for you, I just purchased the ESU1808 last week. Maybe this will help anyone doing searches while researching this interface.

For your purposes I don't think that this will work - there are only two mike inputs. There are two guitar inputs also. The rest of the inputs are at line level.

I've not been able to select the digital inputs in Reaper so far.
jameswadewilson is offline   Reply With Quote