Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-11-2017, 08:35 AM   #241
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldreap View Post
First question.
I noticed on the SM site it says:
"If you wish to keep the older nkm and nki files, you can simply copy or move them to the new SMDrums_Kontakt_1.1 folder. The new nkm and nki files have been renamed so that they should merge nicely. It is very important that the new SMDrums_Kontakt_1.1 Resources folder remain with the new nki and nkm files."
I guess the only reason to have the 1.0 nkm and nki files would be for backwards compatibility..they would not offer any extra functionality. Is that correct?
Hi Goldreap. Right, the basic difference is that the SNDrums 1.1 have the ability to map your own midi maps. Other then that they are pretty much the same.

Quote:
Second question (just a BTW not really related to the above):
I've been mucking around with the project files you have included with various versions and noticed that the 'SMDrums Demo for K5 (Individual Kit-Pieces)' from the 1.0 stuff has CodeFN42 notemapper on the Kik,Snr,Toms track.
I guess it's a remnant of something you were doing but that it's not actually necessary to the project. Is that right?
Yes, ha ha, I don't remember even having that, I must have been experimenting and forgot about it. Sorry about that.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:25 AM   #242
Michael Z Freeman

Hi. when I load the full download I get ...

First error window ...

---------------------------
Critical memory error
WARNING: 1245 memory allocations failed (max size=1187744 bytes) -- REAPER or a plug-in may crash due to low memory/address space!
OK

Second error window ...

The following effects were in the project file and are not available. REAPER will keep their configurations, but things may not sound as desired.

Track 25: VST: ReaComp (Cockos)
Track 26: VST: ReaGate (Cockos)
Track 26: VST: ReaComp (Cockos)

The "Lite" version does load with no problems.However the full version should load as well as I have 8 Gigs of memory, version v5.77 of Reaper on 64bit Windows 10. Is this a known problem ? Cheers.
Michael Z Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #243
Tod

Hi Michael, when you say full download, which version of SMDrums did you download? Also, where did you download it from?

As far as I recall, there were no ReaComp or ReaGate FX in any of the included project files, at least not the ones I
created. However, those are Reaper plugins and if they are missing, you might want to check your Reaper install, you
should definitely have those plugins.

Quote:
The "Lite" version does load with no problems.However the full version should load as well as I have 8 Gigs of memory, version v5.77 of Reaper on 64bit Windows 10. Is this a known problem ? Cheers.
There are ReaSAmplOmatic5000 (RS5K) versions of SMDrums that load into Reaper at a little over 7GB, so that
could pose a problem with 8GB of memory.

There were 4 RS5K versions that I created. The included numbers indicate the amount of memory Reaper
showed when each project was loaded into Reaper.

SMDrums (1400)
SMDrums (1600)
SMDrums (2600
SMDrums (7100)

Let me know which version you downloaded and where you got it, that way I can help you as much as I can Michael.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:54 PM   #244
Osse

Love this piece of kit, just amazing! What bugs me when I've started programming for real, is that everytime I change screenset the play/edit cursor jumps to the beginning, and it zooms in pretty hard in the beginning of the track aswell, this is very annoying when you're in the flow and wanna compute fast. Is it possible to fix this?

Also, if I save the tracks as tracks template, the screensets won't follow to the next project, only the tracks. Anybody experience the same? I have to know on beforehand if I wanna use the drums and load the SM megareaper drumkit project and use "save as new project" It seems like I cannot load them on the fly into a project.

Thanks for an awesome drum template.
Osse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:20 AM   #245
inlab9

Wow. Thanks for posting this. Will be checking it out later today.
inlab9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:47 AM   #246
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osse View Post
Love this piece of kit, just amazing! What bugs me when I've started programming for real, is that everytime I change screenset the play/edit cursor jumps to the beginning, and it zooms in pretty hard in the beginning of the track aswell, this is very annoying when you're in the flow and wanna compute fast. Is it possible to fix this?

Also, if I save the tracks as tracks template, the screensets won't follow to the next project, only the tracks. Anybody experience the same? I have to know on beforehand if I wanna use the drums and load the SM megareaper drumkit project and use "save as new project" It seems like I cannot load them on the fly into a project.
Hi Osse, regarding screensets, I think they might be flawed. I've tried to use them in the past and they didn't work well. I've seen others complain about this too.

The two ways I use to recall track setups is either "Project Templates" for starting new projects, or "Track Templates" for adding to a project.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:47 AM   #247
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlab9 View Post
Wow. Thanks for posting this. Will be checking it out later today.
Let us know if you have any problems inlab9.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:18 AM   #248
Tubeguy

I play real drums so I won't be getting this but want to express thanks for giving away so much work. That's really nice.
Tubeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:37 PM   #249
suleiman

Thanks everyone for the sweet words....

and special thanks Tod for providing support and guidance for everyone, starting with me, when I was starting out with this....

im trying to figure out some life stuff and its taken longer than usual....

once things are hopefully better we can work something crazier

Salamat
suleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:38 PM   #250
Rangler

What version of SM Drums is everyone using the most and for what reason? I had to give up on RS5K because I always forget about the collecting files thing that shuts down my computer.

I like the Kontakt version with the multichannel outputs so far.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:18 AM   #251
kirk1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
What version of SM Drums is everyone using the most and for what reason? I had to give up on RS5K because I always forget about the collecting files thing that shuts down my computer.

I like the Kontakt version with the multichannel outputs so far.
I use sforzando because I haven't got $500 to drop on Kontakt. But you definitely have many more options in Kontakt.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:35 PM   #252
Rangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
I use sforzando because I haven't got $500 to drop on Kontakt. But you definitely have many more options in Kontakt.
I really dislike Kontakt and wish Reaper had something similar. Fabfilter should also get into that game.

But I like using the Kontakt files that came with SM Drums.

sforzando is a bit iffy when I move files around. I have to relink every instance of sforzando or else it completely forgets what samples I used.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #253
kirk1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
I really dislike Kontakt and wish Reaper had something similar. Fabfilter should also get into that game.

But I like using the Kontakt files that came with SM Drums.

sforzando is a bit iffy when I move files around. I have to relink every instance of sforzando or else it completely forgets what samples I used.
Did you download the sample Reaper file for sforzando? You can save the sforzando setup as a template and you won't have to reload/relink anything. Tod and the guys really did a lot of the prep work for you here. The manual is especially helpful.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:07 AM   #254
Orgone Accumulator

Default Website Link Down for SM MegaReaper Drumkit

Hi Suleiman, Tod or whomever...
I have noticed the link to the SM MegaReaper Drumkit download on the website page https://smmdrums.wordpress.com/for-reaper/ is down with Google Drive saying 'Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.'
Could you please have a look into this as this Rea-newbie I can't wait to start generating some slinky grooves!
Cheers
Org
Orgone Accumulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:29 PM   #255
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgone Accumulator View Post
Hi Suleiman, Tod or whomever...
I have noticed the link to the SM MegaReaper Drumkit download on the website page https://smmdrums.wordpress.com/for-reaper/ is down with Google Drive saying 'Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.'
Could you please have a look into this as this Rea-newbie I can't wait to start generating some slinky grooves!
Cheers
Org
Hi Orgone, I'm sorry but that must be Suleiman's google account, so I'm not sure what the problems is.

Here is an alternative for everything but the SM MegaReaper kit.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=150868

It's been awhile since I've seen Suleiman on the form, you might try to PM him.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:38 PM   #256
Osse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hi Orgone, I'm sorry but that must be Suleiman's google account, so I'm not sure what the problems is.

Here is an alternative for everything but the SM MegaReaper kit.

It's been awhile since I've seen Suleiman on the form, you might try to PM him.
Tod, do you happen to have a DL link to the mega metal kit? Would love to try that one out, as good as the megareaper kit is.
Osse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 06:08 PM   #257
dahya

Default Thanks

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to all those involved in producing this, it's absolutely fantastic and must've taken you ages to do, and it is very much appreciated that you've provided this amazing piece of kit for free as well !! Keep up the good work !!
dahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:22 PM   #258
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osse View Post
Tod, do you happen to have a DL link to the mega metal kit? Would love to try that one out, as good as the megareaper kit is.
No I'm sorry Osse, I don't, but like I said, PM suleiman, he might have some answers for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahya View Post
Just wanted to say a massive thanks to all those involved in producing this, it's absolutely fantastic and must've taken you ages to do, and it is very much appreciated that you've provided this amazing piece of kit for free as well !! Keep up the good work !!
Thank you dahya, your kind words mean a lot. Scott and I are hopefully going to get started on SMDrums 2 sometime soon.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:16 PM   #259
suleiman

hi guys

really sorry i did a major fukup

i accidently deleted the SM MegaMetal kit and the SM MegaRock Kit

just found the non vsti version of the megametal kit, which is here :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxI...ew?usp=sharing

it was an interesting rr experiment, this one. small but pretty cool.

Salamat
Old 01-10-2020, 05:17 PM   #260
suleiman

and a HUGE thanks to everyone for their interest and kind words on this !

rock on

Salamat
Old 01-11-2020, 12:46 AM   #261
Dafarkias

Both these files do not exist, after following the links posted on the website:

SM MegaReaper Drumkit

SM MegaReaper Drumkit Lite

Support my feature request!
Dafarkias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:14 AM   #262
Pashkuli
Banned

Maybe someone could help with a re-upload of the original .zip or in whatever archive the original was packaged?

I wanted to try this out. Just saw the thread... too late I guess.

Oh, nevermind. I heard some samples (Lite). Sounds like a drum machine/synth from the mid-late 90s.
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:51 AM   #263
Dafarkias

I'm curious as to what constitutes the REAPER version?

It doesn't have its own proprietary format, right? So it's essentially just .wav files?

But yeah, it would be really cool if OP could re-upload. I'd love to try it out!

Old 01-11-2020, 04:39 AM   #264
Pashkuli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafarkias View Post
I'm curious as to what constitutes the REAPER version?

It doesn't have its own proprietary format, right? So it's essentially just .wav files?

But yeah, it would be really cool if OP could re-upload. I'd love to try it out!
It is suitable for Reaper's Reasamplomatic5000 sampler (VSTi plugin) and the .wav files are multi-channel (×2 or stereo, ×4 combined, etc.).

You can hear the samples and they sound pretty generic and drum-machine alike.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:34 PM   #265
kirk1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
Maybe someone could help with a re-upload of the original .zip or in whatever archive the original was packaged?

I wanted to try this out. Just saw the thread... too late I guess.

Oh, nevermind. I heard some samples (Lite). Sounds like a drum machine/synth from the mid-late 90s.
I think you've got the wrong impression. This is a really good instrument. Sforzando works really well and it's free.

I'll try to share what I have. I'm not sure if I kept everything, but I'll have a look. Please remind me via PM if I haven't done so this week.

No percussion sampler is plug and play. It won't automatically sound like a drummer, you still have to provide the expression. But once you get stuck in, you'll be surprised at the flexibility.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:45 PM   #266
Dafarkias

Quote:
I think you've got the wrong impression. This is a really good instrument. Sforzando works really well and it's free.

I'll try to share what I have. I'm not sure if I kept everything, but I'll have a look. Please remind me via PM if I haven't done so this week.

No percussion sampler is plug and play. It won't automatically sound like a drummer, you still have to provide the expression. But once you get stuck in, you'll be surprised at the flexibility.
Thanks!

Old 01-14-2020, 12:41 AM   #267
audiotect

Default looking for the mega kit

Hello
Can´t find a working link either and would like to try. always looking for good drumsounds

best
Søren Bendixen/Audiotect
audiotect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #268
Tod

Quote:

Hey my friend, do you have the ReaperMega kit? If so, you can send it to me and I'll set it up with the rest of the SMDrums.

Here's a link to the regular SMDrums, it's actually a very detailed kit too. You can download it for Reaper's RS5K, Sforzando, TX16Wx, or Kontakt.

Like kirk says, the Sforzando player is free and it has DFD(Direct From Disk), which works very well. This means you can load lots of samples, but take a lot less memory.

I don't remember all the details, but the mega kit was sort of an experiment, using up to 127 samples for 127 velocity layers. Some had 64 samples.

The regular kit has up to 64 layers on some of the kit pieces like the hi-hat. Many of the rest of the kit will be from 32 to 48 layers.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:02 PM   #269
kirk1701

Quote:
Hey my friend, do you have the ReaperMega kit? If so, you can send it to me and I'll set it up with the rest of the SMDrums.

Here's a link to the regular SMDrums, it's actually a very detailed kit too. You can download it for Reaper's RS5K, Sforzando, TX16Wx, or Kontakt.

Like kirk says, the Sforzando player is free and it has DFD(Direct From Disk), which works very well. This means you can load lots of samples, but take a lot less memory.

I don't remember all the details, but the mega kit was sort of an experiment, using up to 127 samples for 127 velocity layers. Some had 64 samples.

The regular kit has up to 64 layers on some of the kit pieces like the hi-hat. Many of the rest of the kit will be from 32 to 48 layers.
I don't remember if I have the MegaReaper kit or not.

UPDATE: I do NOT have the ReaperMega kit. I have the standard SFZ smdrums, which is still available for download via the website. It's a great instrument. The more I work with it, the more I'm able to get out of it.

I'm not going to lie, it won't play the kit for you. It will play midi files, but if they're badly made, they'll sound bad. You get out what you put in. If you want a specific sound, you have to roll up your sleeves.

Last edited by kirk1701; 01-14-2020 at 09:42 PM.
kirk1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:15 PM   #270
suleiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
It is suitable for Reaper's Reasamplomatic5000 sampler (VSTi plugin) and the .wav files are multi-channel (×2 or stereo, ×4 combined, etc.).

You can hear the samples and they sound pretty generic and drum-machine alike.
Hey mate the megametal kit is my own mini experiment in rr. it has NO dynamic layers, and was made for entirely different reasons. this can be seen by its miniscule size.

the actual Megareaper kit (Reaper) or SM Drums (Kontakt) are pretty detailed, to put it mildly. Have you tested either ? we tried to capture and prgram as raw a drum sound as we could. multiple mics, and upto 80 to 120 plus velocity layers and 4 to 8 round robins, depending on which format and version.

General :

and i will try my best to find the original megareaper kits (full and lite), which i seem to have deleted.

Salamat
Old 01-15-2020, 03:57 PM   #271
suleiman

UPDATE :

The original MegaReaper has been found on my drive. Yay !!

Its 2.7 GB uncompressed, and I am uploading a zip folder for it right now. I will share here and update the link on the website once its done.

Happy to report that it still sounds like drum heaven

Salamat
Old 01-15-2020, 10:12 PM   #272
suleiman

here you go :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u1u...ew?usp=sharing

this is the MegaReaper full version for Reaper. Link has been updated to the SM Drums website as well.

The Lite version is gone for good. Lite versions are for wusses anyways.

Salamat
Old 01-16-2020, 08:36 PM   #273
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by suleiman View Post
this is the MegaReaper full version for Reaper. Link has been updated to the SM Drums website as well.
Awesome suleiman.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:02 PM   #274
Wolffman

Tod or suleiman,
will the version for TX16Wx in the thread Tod linked
work in the free version or do you need the full version of TX16Wx ?

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/wolffman7
Wolffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:57 AM   #275
audiotect

Thank you very much

Best
Søren/Audiotect
audiotect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:45 AM   #276
Pashkuli
Banned

I'll test it out and share my thoughts.
Those samples I heard, might have been made with a single sample shopts. I do not know.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:58 AM   #277
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffman View Post
Tod or suleiman,
will the version for TX16Wx in the thread Tod linked
work in the free version or do you need the full version of TX16Wx ?

Cheers
Hi Wolffman, I think they will, SMDrums was made back in the earlier days of TX16Wx. I tested it out in the beginning, but haven't checked it since.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:45 AM   #278
Dafarkias

Amazing!

Thank you for reposting!

Old 01-18-2020, 06:14 PM   #279
Wolffman

Quote:
Hi Wolffman, I think they will, SMDrums was made back in the earlier days of TX16Wx. I tested it out in the beginning, but haven't checked it since.
Thanks Tod,
I downloaded the samples and everything for TX16Wx but i don't think my system can handle it
I only have 4 gigs of ram and i think i'm running out before it loads,
which is a bummer.
Are there any lighter patches for TX16Wx ?
some which don't include all the cymbals and toms maybe ?

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/wolffman7
Wolffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:07 PM   #280
Goldreap

You can still download a smaller version (287 MB unpacked) from:https://bedroomproducersblog.com/201...-drums-tx16wx/
But hang on, TX16Wx version 3 has disc streaming, hmm, I should upgrade.

Last edited by Goldreap; 01-18-2020 at 07:17 PM.
Goldreap is offline   Reply With Quote