Old 02-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #1
dennie639
Human being with feelings

Default Garritan GPO5 - Two issues...

DISCLAIMER - At best I'm a novice at DAW and VST usage (if there were only 27 hours in a day) Here are my two issues:

Gear - Reaper (latest update)
Garritan GPO5 (Freshly loaded this week)
iMac latest OS
Fasttrack interface

1. From Reaper I can add a VST track, point to Aria Player and it loads the VST in what appears to be part of Reaper. Not sure if I needed to do anything else but there is a track toggled to record mode. I can use the mouse and hit the keyboard keys on the window with GPO and I get sound out of my system. I see the meters move as well. When I hit record and click the keys with the mouse, nothing records. It looks like it's recording but there is no activity in the recording path and nothing on playback.

2. I have a new Casio CDP S100 that I USB to the Mac. If I open Aria player directly, with Reaper not opened, I can control the GPO5 from the keyboard. When I do number 1 above, I cannot control GPO5 from the keyboard. I'm assuming that when Reaper "grabs" the VST, it "locks it" if you will prevents any other communication processes from using it. How do I control GPO5 with the Casio after Reaper adds a VST track?

Again, sorry for the lack of knowledge. I'm hoping your patience will allow me to get better acquainted with the whole VST and DAW process.

Signed,

Old analog guy. (DP)
dennie639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:28 AM   #2
DarkStar

A1 To record the audio output by a plug-in, you'll need to set the track to one of the Record Output choices. Right-click the RecArm button for the sub-menu choices.

A2 To get the keyboard to play the ARIA Player plug-in within Reaper, have a look at the check-list in 3.40 of the Reaper USer Guide.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
dennie639

Fantastic. I'll give this a go and see.

Appreciate your advise!

DP
dennie639 is offline   Reply With Quote