Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 02-26-2019, 08:53 AM   #1
MrJones
Human being with feelings

Default Session Strings Pro polymorphy semi-broken by older project [Note-Offs messed up???]

I have an older project where on various tracks, if I put on Session Strings Pro as synth/sampler all the polymorphy will be semi-broken:

THE PROBLEM: if two notes are pressed down/start at the same time in the piano roll I will hear both, but if while they are still pressed another note is ADDED IN, then the previous ones will audibly STOP (cut short) even when they are supposed to be longer. So no shifted overlaps of any notes work, ever.

Troubleshooting I've tried (which hasn't worked):

1. I cleared all CC events in all the midi items on the affected tracks (using the event list view, so I'm very sure I got all of them). I also made sure Off Velocity is at the default of 0 for all notes. I can't see anything else special about the notes but if anyone has an idea, let me know

2. I nuked the kontakt instance completely, re-added it and re-added Session Strings Pro inside in default state

3. I added a new track with a new fresh item, WORKED. I moved the existing older midi item from a broken track - the entire new track ALSO broke for ALL OTHER ITEMS as well, and the only way I've found to get a working session strings pro again is to add a NEW track and just delete the old one (and not move any of the old midi items there ever - but obviously, I want to keep them so that's bad!)

4. I swapped in Kontakt Factory Library items, WORKED. I swapped in Kontakt's Massive, WORKED. Only Session Strings Pro appears to be broken like this

5. No new midi items on new tracks are generally affected unless I move one of the "infectious" broken items there

So what on earth could be causing this breakage? Anyone has an idea? I would really prefer not to delete all midi items in this project and somehow re-notate them all, because it's pretty big...

Last edited by MrJones; 02-26-2019 at 09:04 AM.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:04 AM   #2
MrJones

After some more experimentation not even all notes are affected but some definitely are.

Is there some REAPER setting that messes with note-offs that could be set in this project and breaking things? Something with the note-offs just doesn't seem to be working right when items overlap, but only sometimes(?) and only with Session Strings Pro (??) and only with these old items with no CC events(???) ... really odd
Old 03-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #3
MrJones

I could really use some help!

Clearly, there is something different to these older midi items than to newly created ones. Isn't there anybody with an idea what the difference could be that causes this, and where I could find it? I didn't see anything interesting in the item properties, but I really don't know what I'm looking for...