Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 05-08-2020, 05:00 AM   #1
flavor8
Human being with feelings

Default Feature Request - survive Jack restarts

When Jack goes down, Reaper has to be restarted.

Occasionally my audio interface has acted up and I'll restart it. That takes Jack down, and I have to restart it. If Reaper is active during a Jack restart then it has to be restarted to reinitialize audio. It'd be great if it could detect Jack disappearing, and then perhaps prompt for something like "Try Reconnecting".
flavor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:05 AM   #2
udaemon
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavor8 View Post
When Jack goes down, Reaper has to be restarted.

Occasionally my audio interface has acted up and I'll restart it. That takes Jack down, and I have to restart it. If Reaper is active during a Jack restart then it has to be restarted to reinitialize audio. It'd be great if it could detect Jack disappearing, and then perhaps prompt for something like "Try Reconnecting".
hei!
what you want reaper to do, i. e. to reestablish the jack connections, can be achieved also by opening the preferences (ctrl + p) and click OK to close them, given that you have checked the box (in the DEVICE-related options) that tells reaper to automatically connect jack’s audio connections to the hardware. by opening and closing the preferences this is done.
at least this is what I usually do if I have to restart jack. there’s no need to restart reaper, I’d say.
udaemon is offline   Reply With Quote