Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 05-13-2020, 06:57 AM   #1
udaemon
Human being with feelings

Default soundcraft notepad mixers: now there’s a device specific utility for linux!

hi everyone,

as the headline tells, now, thanks to the efforts of a fellow linux user there’s a tool called soundcraft-utils to access some of the internal settings of soundcraft notepad mixers. a detailed description of what it is capable of and what not (yet), can be found on the related github-page: https://github.com/lack/soundcraft-utils.
in short: while the notepad mixers are class compliant and work out of the box within linux their internal routing (at least of the notepad 12fx) could not be set without special software. with the help of soundcraft-utils the internal routing of usb channels 3+4 can be adjusted, which makes it possible to make use of the device's basic (and most important, I guess) capabilities.

I own a notepad 12fx and can tell it works very well. so, if there’s other people here using these mixers, check it out!

finally, I want to ask if there's anybody else here who uses a notepad-5 and/or notepad-8fx, and would provide some basic info in order to help the author of the soundcraft-utils to develop the package?
I’m in touch with him and testing and giving some feedback for the notepad-12fx. but since both of us have this device he can not go on to adapt his code for the other two devices.

so, is there anybody owning a notepad 5 or 8fx?
please, get in touch either with the author himself via github or with me here.
thanks!
udaemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:49 AM   #2
limuxic
Human being with feelings

Default Using Soundcraft Notepad 5

Hello,
I am using Soundcraft Notepad 5 and am willing to provide feedback.
How do we communicate?
Here on the forum?

Or via email?
In which case, could you please email me using this Bandcamp form: https://t1p.de/fsjs
limuxic is offline   Reply With Quote