Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 03-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
kristen
Human being with feelings

Default Best mouse to use for Logic? For Reaper? How about a touchpad?

I am searching for the best mouse to use for Logic and Reaper.

I am currently using a minimac with the "magic mouse". While this mouse seems useful for certain things, it appears awkward to use with Logic and Reaper (or other daws).

1. Looking for mouse recommendations

2. Looking for ways to make magic mouse work better with Logic or Reaper (since I bought it, might as well see if there are any tips on using with these programs!)

2. Also, during my search, I saw things like "Ergonomic touchpad" which looks cool BUT will it work well with a DAW? Anyone use these trackpad devices instead of a mouse? http://www.ergonomictouchpad.com/ergonomic_touchpad.php

Technology has given us the ability to repeat all our mistakes we have learned from history, …. but much faster, deadlier, and with greater accuracy!

KAB (superkristen)
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
heldar

I use only trackball mice. Operation is so smooth and i don't have to move my arm. Try kensington expert mouse. It also has a track wheel.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
box-it-in

Get a trackball. It will change your life and be easier on your wrist. The Kensington expert is VERY popular. Get a trackball with scroll, as I made the mistake of getting one without a scroll button and now I must suffer my own bad decisions, haha!
box-it-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
serr

Track pad. You can get them for your desktop. Same as what's installed in the Macbook Pro.

Since this came along and especially now with all the gestures, using a mouse feels extremely clumsy and restricted. Fully obsolete at this point IMHO.

Last edited by serr; 03-24-2013 at 11:31 AM.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
TimOBrien

First thing I did after I set up my iMac was to go get a standard $10 usb 2-button wheel mouse.

Partially due to the fact I was going to put Win7/Parallels on it but also I've spent too many years using 2-button wheel mice.

I haven't used the magic mouse since.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
KenC

Logitech Performance MX.

Wireless, huge range, Tracks on everything, even glass.

No negative acceleration so you can set your sensitivity as low as you want and it won't flip out if you move it to fast.

Also has a great freewheel mouse wheel, put it in freewheel mode and just flick the wheel and it keeps spinning and scrolling forever, great if you have a ton of tracks.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:50 AM   #7
skmando

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
Track pad. You can get them for your desktop. Same as what's installed in the Macbook Pro.

Since this came along and especially now with all the gestures, using a mouse feels extremely clumsy and restricted. Fully obsolete at this point IMHO.
i'd have to agree with this, although it entirely depends on your own preference and workflow.

I use BetterTouchTool with Reaper; allows me to assign custom actions to any gesture I want on the trackpad in Reaper, or any other application. Really speeds up my workflow!
skmando is offline   Reply With Quote