Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 10-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #41
Diogenes
Human being with feelings

Default Musicxp.net

Have you tried going to MusicXP.net and doing their suggested optimizations? This one in particular might be at the root of your mysterious sample rate problem...

Quote:
Applications may still try to play sounds through your "pro" soundcard, so it is recommended that you disable this.

Go to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Hardware Tab > (highlight your soundcard from the list) > Properties > Audio Devices > (highlight your soundcard from the list) > Properties, and check the "Do not map through this device" checkbox.
Bold = your M-Audio card... NOT your built-in card.

D
Diogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #42
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hut1 View Post
Well I would never have believed it but changing the Windows settings to the Onboard Soundcard seems to have done the trick despite the original setup woring in earlier versions of Reaper and my current version of Cubase.
I have yet to do any serious recording but my hopes are high. Many thanks to all those who have contributed to this issue
Long Live Reaper!
Hut1
Telling windows to use the onboard soundcard is the first order of business for me...you never know what app will hijack your card otherwise.

You could try the way Diogenes describes too
pipelineaudio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:19 AM   #43
Hut1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Have you tried going to MusicXP.net and doing their suggested optimizations? This one in particular might be at the root of your mysterious sample rate problem...

Bold = your M-Audio card... NOT your built-in card.

D
Hi Diogenes
I will try your settings tonight as although Reaper now displays the correct Samplerate now I have Set windows sounds to the onboard soundcard I have found that Wavelab will not output any sound when I open it (It is my default wave editor in Reaper)
I will see if your settings work and check out MusicXP.net as I'm sure there must be a setting that will allow me to use both applications in the same project and session
Many Thanks

Hut1
Hut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:52 AM   #44
Diogenes

Hut, I'll have to check when I get home... but I have WaveLab lite on my PC. I never use it from within Reaper though. My EMU card lets me use ASIO for my DAW and I assign WDM to my wave editor, Adobe Audition. That way I don't have to worry about one program or the other releasing or not releasing the ASIO driver. Does M-Audio give you that option? Can you use both WDM and ASIO? Use ASIO for Reaper and WDM for WaveLab if the M-Audio driver/control app will let you.

D
Diogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:28 AM   #45
Hut1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Hut, I'll have to check when I get home... but I have WaveLab lite on my PC. I never use it from within Reaper though. My EMU card lets me use ASIO for my DAW and I assign WDM to my wave editor, Adobe Audition. That way I don't have to worry about one program or the other releasing or not releasing the ASIO driver. Does M-Audio give you that option? Can you use both WDM and ASIO? Use ASIO for Reaper and WDM for WaveLab if the M-Audio driver/control app will let you.

D
Hi - Thanks for the advice but I can't see anywhere in my M-Audio driver/control app that will let me choose ASIO or WDM. most displays are read only so picking up the settings from my DAW (Reaper) I tried various combinations of the suggestions above but to get Wavelab to work within Reaper I have to set the default Recording and Playback devices to the M-Audio and not the Onboard Soundcard which means that then I can't choose any other sample rates (the original problem)
Seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment
Hut1
Old 11-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #46
Hut1

Hi
Seemed to have got it working with M-Audio ASIO Driver set up in Reaper and ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver in Wavesoar
Thanks all for your help
Hut1
Old 11-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #47
Hut1

Hi
Another issue has arisen. Does anyone know how I can have the configuration above and be able to use Windows Media Player as well? WMP won't work when my M-Audio is connected and set up as above for Reaper. I know this is not directly a Reaper Issue but using Reaper is affecting other things I do on my DAW.
Hut1
Old 12-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #48
Oxytoxine

bwoy, i struggled with this issue the whole last night with my new m-audio fast track ultra - was not able to set the sample rate to 96 khz.
i'm glad having found this thread; hope the remedy described above will work!
thanks and my sympathy for the suffering of the original posters :-)
Oxytoxine is offline   Reply With Quote