Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 06-21-2016, 01:46 PM   #361
maxdembo
Human being with feelings

Its got nothing to do with political correctness.

Theres just no need for you to be as rude as you think someone else is being.

Be the better person. Rise above it. Get on with your life. Be happy.
maxdembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:46 PM   #362
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

@All...it should be pretty simple:

- If you like his music, or want to leave some constructive criticism, feel free to comment.

- If you don't like it and if you don't want to see his threads, don't bump the threads to the top by commenting how much you don't like it, that's a bit like taking an extra deep breath when you smell something stinky.

@BASEDJESUS: Please consider using the reply function in this thread to post your tunes, to avoid upsetting people. Thank you!
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:32 PM   #363
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by haervo View Post
He doesnt react to nothing, except he thinks someone likes that crap. He doesnt understand cynical comments or hints.
I'm glad he doesn't to be honest; that's much better than scurrying away thin-skinned and devastated every time someone doesn't like what you do.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:11 PM   #364
barrymk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydix View Post
You people???
People who promote misogyny by portraying women as nothing more than sex objects in their "lyrics", people who pose with and glamourise guns in a country that really could do with a few less. People who promote this kind of cut and paste junk as "culture".
Old 06-21-2016, 03:59 PM   #365
maxdembo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrymk View Post
People who promote misogyny by portraying women as nothing more than sex objects in their "lyrics", people who pose with and glamourise guns in a country that really could do with a few less. People who promote this kind of cut and paste junk as "culture".

This rabbit hole.

Not the place for it.

Second time you've decided your generalisations are more valid than any one elses freedom of expression.

Not the place for it.

Im gonna upload some white noise next, or a cover of Cage's 4.33.

Oh hang on a minute, this ISNT the place for an angry, insulting philosophical discussion about what does or doesnt constitute music, or culture, in the eyes of our judgemental overlord Barry.

Now Im gonna heed my own advice, rise above it, be the better man, because why?

Because this is not the place for it.

Last edited by maxdembo; 06-21-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:15 PM   #366
sammydix

Now where's that "ignore" function again?...
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:20 AM   #367
BAS3DW0RLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdembo View Post
This rabbit hole.

Not the place for it.

Second time you've decided your generalisations are more valid than any one elses freedom of expression.

Not the place for it.

Oh hang on a minute, this ISNT the place for an angry, insulting philosophical discussion about what does or doesnt constitute music, or culture, in the eyes of our judgemental overlord Barry.

Lol wow you changed bro. I'm surprised. Good work. Respect homie. I appreciate it. - basedjesus
Old 06-22-2016, 04:21 AM   #368
BAS3DW0RLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydix View Post
Now that would be just plain inconsiderate, Based...for you, me or anybody else. Guaranteed you'll be reported as spam if you do that.
Word your right Sam. - basedjesus
Old 06-22-2016, 07:50 AM   #369
barrymk

Quote:
This rabbit hole.

Not the place for it.

Not the place for it.

I note that you failed to address any of the points I raised in my last post and simply retorted with your own polemic. Someone mentioned the ignore button, I shall use it judiciously right now and trust you do the same. Have a lovely day.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:56 AM   #370
maxdembo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrymk View Post
I note that you failed to address any of the points I raised in my last post and simply retorted with your own polemic. Someone mentioned the ignore button, I shall use it judiciously right now and trust you do the same. Have a lovely day.
I'll make it clearer for you. This isnt the place to discuss the things you brought up, penis size included, in the way you were discussing it.

Your reply is 'why havent you addressed the points I made'.

This isnt the place for the discussion you are trying to have in the way you are trying to have it.

Is that clear?
Old 06-22-2016, 08:49 AM   #371
haervo

Quote:
Seriously: That would have a lot more threshold of originality (terminology used in copyright laws) because of its reflection needed in the process of decision making than all that based-things together.

Fact is, that the threshold of originality in his works equals zero. So it is music, but not in sense that would hold up to "anyone has put creativity above a needed threshold into it". Its pure randomness, and not utilised randomness. Has nothing to do with like or dislike.

In its sheer masses its nothing more than spam. If he would come up with something like "this way criticising the industry-character of music-making nowadays" or something Yoko-Ono-ish explanation, I would be the last, to hit on that. At least that would give a interesting ground for discussion about the meta-meanings of music. But it isnt. It is completely thougthless noise made by a 14 year old with no skills, no ambition to get skills and no thinking about what he is doing. And that is in best case scenario superflous noise without any meaning in the works and no meaning beyond and before the works. Maybe it should be promotion for his advertising himself as a "talent", that can be hired for 500$/hour. If that, I wonder if that works out. If yes, I will do it the same way.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:33 PM   #372
maxdembo

Quote:
Originally Posted by haervo View Post
Seriously: That would have a lot more threshold of originality (terminology used in copyright laws) because of its reflection needed in the process of decision making than all that based-things together.

Fact is, that the threshold of originality in his works equals zero. So it is music, but not in sense that would hold up to "anyone has put creativity above a needed threshold into it". Its pure randomness, and not utilised randomness. Has nothing to do with like or dislike.

In its sheer masses its nothing more than spam. If he would come up with something like "this way criticising the industry-character of music-making nowadays" or something Yoko-Ono-ish explanation, I would be the last, to hit on that. At least that would give a interesting ground for discussion about the meta-meanings of music. But it isnt. It is completely thougthless noise made by a 14 year old with no skills, no ambition to get skills and no thinking about what he is doing. And that is in best case scenario superflous noise without any meaning in the works and no meaning beyond and before the works. Maybe it should be promotion for his advertising himself as a "talent", that can be hired for 500$/hour. If that, I wonder if that works out. If yes, I will do it the same way.
Or you could make a positive contribution to other threads.