Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 10-16-2019, 11:57 PM   #1
blumpy
Human being with feelings

Default Track Template Audition (Large Track Count Template Solution)

So I've made a pretty nice large track count session template. I get around the slow gui high track count/long load time issues by having all of the template tracks in the track manager, hidden (tcp/mcp) and all fx offline. The large session template opens in second. I select a track I'd like to audition, hotkey the selected track fx online, audition the sound, and if I like it I make it visible and if I don't I toggle the fx back offline and selected and online the next track.

This has been a god send for my work flow. But it got me thinking, this would be an excellent feature in reaper in regards to track templates.

What if Reaper's track template feature had a window that would essentially do the same thing? You selected the track in a track template window, reaper puts the fx online, you audition the sound, if you like it it appears in your arrangement window, if you don't you move on to the next track in track templates.
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
Vadium

and it's good to have a special button On/Off on each track for activating/deactivating VSTi
Old 10-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #3
blumpy

There’s an action for toggling FX on and offline which works great. I’m just trying to figure out a way to quickly audition tracks without cluttering up the arrangement window.
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote