Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 09-05-2023, 01:51 PM   #121
dbrozz
Human being with feelings

Oh man.. how did they limit the functionality?

I bought before I knew about your integration, so that may have influenced my choice had I known prior.

Im not adverse to setting it up on my own to fit my own workflow though. But I'm wondering if you might be able to point me to some resources that might help me in that process?

Thanks again!
dbrozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 02:09 PM   #122
themixtape

Sure thing! Yeah I saw a video where they said a lot of functionality was limited. Companies do this A LOT, which is why some of the older controllers, I could never, ever, EVER part with (Maschine MK2, Studio, etc).

Your best bet is download Arturia MIDI Control Center. See what can be tweaked. I would check, but the stupid software now requires the controller to be CONNECTED before you can map anything. It used to not be like that. Hence, needing to buy one first....

Then, go into Reaper Actions, and make note of what MIDI CC#s are what (on the controller), and simply "learn"... Relative Mode for encoders is most useful, I've found... but they don't always behave like they should (for track volume). Sometimes it jumps far left/right (depends on the controller's editor / the way they programmed it). Akai Relative Mode is good-- it lets you change volume per track, but doesn't jump, and doesn't affect where it was. I like Akai a lot for that reason. But other controllers aren't that easy.

Hope that helps!
Old 09-06-2023, 10:44 PM   #123
dbrozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Sure thing! Yeah I saw a video where they said a lot of functionality was limited. Companies do this A LOT, which is why some of the older controllers, I could never, ever, EVER part with (Maschine MK2, Studio, etc).

Your best bet is download Arturia MIDI Control Center. See what can be tweaked. I would check, but the stupid software now requires the controller to be CONNECTED before you can map anything. It used to not be like that. Hence, needing to buy one first....

Then, go into Reaper Actions, and make note of what MIDI CC#s are what (on the controller), and simply "learn"... Relative Mode for encoders is most useful, I've found... but they don't always behave like they should (for track volume). Sometimes it jumps far left/right (depends on the controller's editor / the way they programmed it). Akai Relative Mode is good-- it lets you change volume per track, but doesn't jump, and doesn't affect where it was. I like Akai a lot for that reason. But other controllers aren't that easy.

Hope that helps!
Thanks, man! This helps a lot.

I feel like a lot of functionality is still there.. I know they did a firmware update a few months ago that sounded like they brought a bunch of functionality back. I'm not exactly sure, but I've begun plunking in my own config and so far it's been good albeit slow going.

The hardest part is finding the correct actions in the sea of actions. I know what I want to do, but I'm not sure what some of them are named. For example:

- which action for allowing the encoder to scroll through selected tracks? I was able to find a few actions but they only allowed scrolling in one direction..
- which action allows for jogging the play-head WHILE locked to grid?
- which action allows me to quantize the current/recently created MIDI item using the previously determined quantize settings?

I don't know if it's possible, but if there was a way you could output a list of actions utilized in your config in text format so I could have a glance that would be incredible!

Last edited by dbrozz; 09-07-2023 at 06:52 PM.
dbrozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 05:04 AM   #124
AsVit

Default Regarding feedback...

Is it possible to display channel or master track volume in real dB on the MK3 screen, instead of just 0-127?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untit2led-1.jpg (88.9 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by AsVit; 11-01-2023 at 06:21 AM.
AsVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 09:38 AM   #125
Luistro

Hey send me maschine studio files please!
Luistro is offline   Reply With Quote