Old 03-07-2024, 01:03 PM   #1
b2001
Human being with feelings

Default Send AudioAccessor buffer to new item/track?

I am able to read the audio data and fft it.

Looking to make changes, ifft and then send results to a new take on a new track.

Is this doable - the sending of the buffer to a new item - and are there any examples that would demonstrate?
b2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 02:44 PM   #2
X-Raym

Not possible.

But you can write this data in binary respecting wav file structure, and import it in project.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 04:39 PM   #3
b2001

Thanks for the response!

so I tried that:

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- function
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function WriteWavFile(wav_file, sample_buffer, block_size)
   local number_of_out_channels = 1 
   local writer = reaper.Xen_AudioWriter_Create(wav_file, number_of_out_channels, 44100)
   if (writer ~= nil) then
      local result = reaper.Xen_AudioWriter_Write(writer, block_size, sample_buffer, 1)
      if (result == 0) then 
	     reaper.ShowConsoleMsg("Fail during writing\n") 
		 --break 
	  end
      reaper.Xen_AudioWriter_Destroy(writer) -- file is only finalized when the writer is destroyed
   else
      -- Can fail if file directory path does not exist, no write permissions, disk full...
      reaper.ShowConsoleMsg("Could not create writer\n")
   end
end
based on...

Code:
sample_buffer = reaper.new_array(block_and_overlap_size * item.number_of_channels)
...   sample_buffer.clear()
...   GetSamples(audio, item.sample_rate, item.number_of_channels, start_time_seconds, block_and_overlap_size, sample_buffer) ...
block_size = 2048, overlap = 0, number_of_channels = 1

I am getting a return of 0 - failure - for "reaper.Xen_AudioWriter_Write" and consequently a blank wav file.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?
Old 03-07-2024, 05:40 PM   #4
b2001

Ok, got it working. The buffer needed a little extra space for indexing…

I only tested for a single blocksize 2048 of 529000 (12 seconds) but i can see it works when i resort the code.

Thanks again!
Old 03-08-2024, 04:59 AM   #5
X-Raym

Ah nice use of the Xen function, I forgot about it.

Well done !
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 11:03 AM   #6
b2001

Quote:
But you can write this data in binary respecting wav file structure, and import it in project.
Could you elaborate on this? Example?

The xen function does work except, i am of course looping thru audio accessories a block at a time so i get a small wav file or a series of small wav files if i rename them all.

I tried putting the xen create outside the audio accessaries loop and the write inside it - hoping it might append - but got a nasty c++ runtime error which i couldn’t seem to break out of except for shutting down. I am sure this relates to my lack of understanding…

Ultimately, i am looking at using the reascript fft and ifft functions, doing some manipulations in between - to be determined - and writing the results to a wav file to reimport.

Worse come to worse i could just import the series of wav files and glue them, just gets messy with block size of say 1024 or 2048 as item size gets bigger.

Edit —————->

Seems it’s helpful to post questions, usually leads to me figuring it out right after.
While i moved xen create outside the loop, i forgot to move xen destroy outside the loop. Works great now!

Last edited by b2001; 03-30-2024 at 12:19 PM.