Old 03-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #1
Dubrobot
Human being with feelings

Default Ipad or Wiimote

Has anyone had success wrangling 4 or more Ipads controlling reaper? I want to set up a project for an audio workshop where 4 or more participants can control one fader each in a session. I could also do it with wiimotes but I would like to know if it is even possible before I go and borrow a bunch of ipads.....
Dubrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:55 AM   #2
Banned
Human being with feelings

Re: iPad or wiimote: Leap Motion.

More seriously: yeah, sure that can be done. What's important to know, is whether or not you require feedback to the devices (i.e. making sure they stay in sync when 'their' fader is controlled in REAPER instead of on their device). For wiimotes, that's not even possible, but for iPads it sure is.

For connecting four iPads, I'd suggest using four separate OSC control surface configurations simultaneously, and then point each OSC client app on the iPad to its own dedicated track in REAPER (and do not let them switch tracks). That way you can also have multiple musicians control their own headphone monitor mix and/or (virtual) instruments/effects, without any danger of them screwing up any other stuff.