Old 02-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #81
Jae.Thomas
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by grymmjack View Post
i will work on some touchups to this theme before starting a new less dark one. something neutral and pro for next try.
your talent is much appreciated here.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #82
Justin
Administrator

I think this might be my favorite theme overall ever.. I've been using it for a while now... and am still in love with it.. hehe
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #83
Jae.Thomas

whispers: desaturate a bit, default skin, then a hit!desaturate a bit, default skin, then a hit!desaturate a bit, default skin, then a hit!desaturate a bit, default skin, then a hit!desaturate a bit, default skin, then a hit!desaturate a bit, default skin, then a hit!desaturate a bit, default skin, then a hit!desaturate a bit, default skin, then a hit!
Old 02-04-2007, 09:26 PM   #84
fluffy

Wonderful!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #85
Solar

Default Same here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I think this might be my favorite theme overall ever.. I've been using it for a while now... and am still in love with it.. hehe
Same here too Justin... i don't know since i've put this Theme up in my Reaper, never changed it back.. its the best one so far that my eyes dont seem to be tired of!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #86
Jae.Thomas

my fav is still akoustic radar with my alterations -- but man, grymms skin is just SO hot.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #87
Xaake

Quote:
i will work on some touchups to this theme before starting a new less dark one. something neutral and pro for next try.
I am really looking forward to your next theme, this theme shows that you are a great artist/iconmaker, but as you previously stated it really looks toyish, and to colorful.

When I started making themes someone (cant remember who right now) told me that I should think about making different kinds of icons for different behaviour buttons, I never regretted following this idea (making square icons for on/off buttons, and round icons for popup buttons). I hope you will consider this for your next theme. It especially helps new users know what will happen when pressing a button.

AMD Athlon-XP 3000+ @ 3200+, 1GB DDR-RAM, Presonus Inspire 1394, Edirol MA-15D

It is always good weather indoors!
Xaake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:21 PM   #88
jules

Great job Grymjack.Congratulations.
jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #89
grymmjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkmusic View Post
I tried to hijack your skin, to get rid of a bit of saturation, and drop down a bit the purple/blue stuff.

It is some kind of "Army" variation, but to my taste it looks a bit more like an "overall" stuff, instead of colorfighting icons
Anyway, it tends to show that your stuff reacts very well to customization
haha that's fucking dope man.

good job.

hey here is the psd:

http://www.asseca.com/designermonkey...lackmagick.psd

go hard with those icons. they are all setup as vectors with layer blending modes and junk.

i love the army variation!
grymmjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #90
grymmjack

Default tweak until your heart is content :)

Quote:
... and another one with some tweakings (less "warm", changed some icons ++).

I hope you don't mind me making sketches with your stuff, mr GJ ?
not a bit. i encourage you to keep doing it. and now that you have the PSD, i want you to take it to wherever you will.

just share with all of us

i'm going to start another theme i think something more pro, you have the saturation covered on this thing.

as i say they are all vectors so we can repurpose them and everything. did you grab that windows icon exporter plugin? that thing is hot.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #91
grymmjack

i'm happy to help. i'll do a bunch for the reapers.

so is everyone cool with the Automation icon? i tried to think of a nice icon that wasn't so goofy, and a triangle that looks like an A seemed to lend itself nicely to it,.. the splines / points are so tired IMO

i like the basic shapes of the transport and some of the iconography but i really need to think hardcore about the next design.

i have an idea to start drafting ideas with pencil and paper (or pen and paper), post the stuff up and we can all collectively draft the good default reaper skin.

my favorite is still akoustik's matrix skin. that thing is slicker than shit. if it was only less green

anyway, looking forward to some more skinning madness!

justin; is there any plan to make icon sizes configurable? like maybe based on the sizes of the tracks or something grow them to a 32x32 version, and so on? like it's REALLY hard to get these to look good at such a small res. i can deal with it though, and i understand how it's more difficult to deal with "relative" sizes of the icons.

it'd be a neat addition to the skinning system however, if windows color schemes could somehow be embedded, and if icon sizes were a tad more configurable. other than that though, it's top, and it's pretty quick to skin for.

i'd like to see the background colors in the other windows/dialogs become configurable, with more choices for fonts and stuff in there, and eventually like a 'comprehensive' skinning treatment including cursors, fonts, colors for all widgets, and perhaps even some bitmap textures for stuff.

i know you can do it, since you are the winamp pimp it is because of dudes like you the world of software is so customizable. you were one of the first and you have mad respect from me.

you shoulda seen my first winamp2.x skin. hahaha man it was sooo bad, it was called PiMPAMP.. it was purple and yellow.

anyway keep up the good work and i understand how priorities work around here, so i can dig that the more important features will get handled. i just hope that you go hardcore on the skinning system even more so, we can put those other hosts to shame. it's already more tweakable than sonar, a program that has been around forever.

thanks all, and feel free to mess with that PSD stuff on your own. i may revisit it one more time myself to do a final adjustment on the saturation and some quick variations perhaps, but i dont think it's good enough for a default.

i hope the next one will be though

take it easy, reapers!
Old 02-06-2007, 01:28 AM   #92
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Thank you for the PSD files.
I don't trust much my skills in that domain, but i will try to edit it.
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:11 AM   #93
Dstruct

things i don't like 100% in this theme:

1. faders are a too thick imo (justin also should consider to give us different bitmap usage for the pan-faders)

2. it's too dark. brightness of my monitor (analog) is pretty much reduced, so the "off status" icons are almost non-distinguishable. transport_pause and transport_stop for example look "the same".
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #94
Solar

Default You guyz are doing agreat job!

Quote:
Thank you for the PSD files.
I don't trust much my skills in that domain, but i will try to edit it.
Hey Grym & Sinkmusic, you guzy are doing a great job, i'm so happy to see GRYm up here, this guy is freaking talented and got mad skills and i'm sure that the PRO one that he is about to work on it it will be just amazing!!

Sinkmusic, as soon as you're done with your tweak, upload it here man, i love the Army vibe also..

Thanx
Old 02-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #95
Newguy

Quote:

justin; is there any plan to make icon sizes configurable? like maybe based on the sizes of the tracks or something grow them to a 32x32 version, and so on? like it's REALLY hard to get these to look good at such a small res. i can deal with it though, and i understand how it's more difficult to deal with "relative" sizes of the icons.

it'd be a neat addition to the skinning system however, if windows color schemes could somehow be embedded, and if icon sizes were a tad more configurable. other than that though, it's top, and it's pretty quick to skin for.

i'd like to see the background colors in the other windows/dialogs become configurable, with more choices for fonts and stuff in there, and eventually like a 'comprehensive' skinning treatment including cursors, fonts, colors for all widgets, and perhaps even some bitmap textures for stuff.
I would definitely like to see the option to have larger icons. When running at 1600x1200 on an analog monitor, it is really difficult to distinguish icon and their functions.

The other suggestions would be great as well.
Newguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #96
smasha

Bigger icons would be awesome.

I especially find the group of icons on the top left above the main view hard to decipher.
smasha is offline   Reply With Quote