Old 03-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
Sanskrit
Human being with feelings

Default Help: Weird Melodyne Problems

Running that latest versions of both Reaper and Melodyne. I've got three tracks that have been tuned with Melodyne. When I place the "now" line -that little thin black line that tells you where you are in a tune, anywhere near the tracks with Melodyne enabled, I get a weird "ripping" sort of sound and the track meter, for the track with Melodyne on it, starts lighting up. Mind you, I haven't pushed play. When I go to the effects rack and have a look, the Melodyne "transfer audio" area is alternating very quickly between play and record or transfer (whatever they call it) and it seems that this very fast switching of modes is causing this sort of ripping sound. Put Reaper into play mode and the problem disappears, but there are drop outs on some audio tracks, which DON'T have Melodyne installed on them. A couple of times, Reaper has crashed and reported "run time" errors. Very beezare.... Any ideas??? I've done a search of "Melodyne" and have come up blank on this particular problem.
Snskrt
Sanskrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
RCUS
Human being with feelings

Default just taking a guess

hey Sanskrit, this is just a shot in the dark, and I saw that you're using the Remote SL templates from the other post. Are you using the transport on the Remote SL?

Not sure if this plays a part in sort of "resetting" the tracks with Melodyne, but for the transport controls, if you press 'stop' on the SL it's set to a true 'stop' function (like the spacebar is setup to do play/stop). On the contrary, if you toggle/press 'play' on the SL, it's set to 'play/pause' which, again i'm just guessing, could possible cause what you're experiencing? as far as I understand it, 'pause' essentially freezes everything in its current state and when you hit 'play' again from that point, it attempts to 'play' it again from that exact moment in time, which might not let Reaper render ahead far enough. try hitting 'play' then 'stop' then 'play' vs. 'play' then 'play'.

i might be completely talking out of my ass also...hahaha!
RCUS is offline   Reply With Quote