Old 04-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
The Bagwhan
Human being with feelings

Default Unstable MIDI data help

Hi guys, a weird one... I imported a MIDI file with drumming programming and during the course of editing the data started to suffer the notes being shifted out-of-time by half a tick or so- nothing exact. I THINK it was being triggered by me Splitting the events as I sorted out verses, choruses, etc but the Event Splits still stayed on the mark, like the start of a bar, but the notes inside the Event would be nudged off the timing grid. The best I can describe it is the MIDI became unstable.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Bag.
The Bagwhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #2
DarkStar

Could you post a small project file showing the problem so we can have a look?

With the original MIDI file loaded on one track and the split MIDI clips on another.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
The Bagwhan

Thanks, but after another long experiment I'm not sure this isn't just a user-error on my part. I discovered that manipulating MIDI events (the entire clips themselves), shifting the boundaries of the clips or selecting data inside the clips... all combined, they're processes that are prone to error and cause problems if you don't zoom closely in and be absolutely certain exactly what you're moving. I suspect (maybe) that on certain occasions when I was nudging clips slightly I was only moving the clip boundary and leaving the data behind- if that makes sense.
I've got to do a fair amount of this stuff in the coming weeks. It's an opportunity to confirm the problem- of it does exist -and narrow down the conditions that cause it.
Both of which might well be yours truly...

Cheers, Bag.
The Bagwhan is offline   Reply With Quote