Old 09-18-2022, 03:11 AM   #761
mpl
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ief View Post
Hello MPL,
First of all, I'm really a big fan of your RS5k manager script. It's massively useful and speeds up my workflow so much!

There's one feature I'd kindly wanna ask for:

It would be really convenient if we could float the Fx window of a sample by hitting its respective MIDI note on a controller.
I know, MIDI input is somehow not available for scripting, but wouldn't it be possible to implement that feature via your RS5k_Manager_tracker.jsfx?
So we could have a toggle switch in the tracker GUI, like "Float Fx by MIDI note" or something?
That would be awesome!

Floating the Fx window for a sample is somewhat tedious at the moment with right clicking, pointing and then clicking on float. Some older forum entries state that it is possible also just by double clicking on a pad (which would already be a big help), but that doesn't work unfortunately.

Another way to improve this would be, if you could add an action like "Float Fx window of last triggered RS5k sample" or something similar to the action list.

Anyway, thanks for all your amazing and generous work!
See ReaPack / Rs5k tools / mpl_Float RS5k instance by last incoming note.lua
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:20 AM   #762
mozart999uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
It seems API uses aliased name. I double checked: when I changed name of audio input to some aliased name, the script loop through aliased names, not source.
Oh that's strange. I wonder what I'm doing wrong then? I'll have another go 👍
mozart999uk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 08:57 AM   #763
ief

Quote:
See ReaPack / Rs5k tools / mpl_Float RS5k instance by last incoming note.lua
Thanks so much, mpl! I am really happy to see that you found my request interesting enough to put some work into it.
And it works great!
I'd just have on wish for an update though:

At the moment the script is only able to open RS5k instances that are directly on the selected track. But I tend to heavily use your "FX routing" feature that creates a new track and moves the RS5k instance to it.
Would it be somehow possible to also open those external, linked instances with your script? Then it would be perfect for me.

Thanks again!
ief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:33 PM   #764
mpl

Quote:
Thanks so much, mpl! I am really happy to see that you found my request interesting enough to put some work into it.
And it works great!
I'd just have on wish for an update though:

At the moment the script is only able to open RS5k instances that are directly on the selected track. But I tend to heavily use your "FX routing" feature that creates a new track and moves the RS5k instance to it.
Would it be somehow possible to also open those external, linked instances with your script? Then it would be perfect for me.

Thanks again!
Thats probably my fault. It should do all tracks search if no track selected. Fixed it for 1.01 (it is in RS5k tools package so update it).
Old 09-26-2022, 07:17 AM   #765
ief

Quote:
Thats probably my fault. It should do all tracks search if no track selected. Fixed it for 1.01 (it is in RS5k tools package so update it).
You're really fast. Thanks again!
One idea:

I think it would be more useful if only record armed tracks are included in the search (and tracks that have midi routing from that record armed track).

Because at the moment I'm having trouble with projects with more than one drum set. When the same MIDI note gets used for more than one sound I get unexpected behaviour.
I think, usually you would always just want to float instances of sounds that you currently play. Hence record arm might be a good indicator for that.
What do you think?
Old 09-26-2022, 10:39 AM   #766
mpl

Quote:
You're really fast. Thanks again!
One idea:

I think it would be more useful if only record armed tracks are included in the search (and tracks that have midi routing from that record armed track).

Because at the moment I'm having trouble with projects with more than one drum set. When the same MIDI note gets used for more than one sound I get unexpected behaviour.
I think, usually you would always just want to float instances of sounds that you currently play. Hence record arm might be a good indicator for that.
What do you think?
1.02 logic:
- search on selected track
- if not found, loop on all armed tracks
- if not found, search on armed track
- if not found, search on armed track receives
Old 09-26-2022, 02:47 PM   #767
ief

Quote:
1.02 logic:
- search on selected track
- if not found, loop on all armed tracks
- if not found, search on armed track
- if not found, search on armed track receives
The new logic works great and makes good sense to me!

Now there seems to be one problem left. Some notes don't work as expected.
I couldn't find a consistent pattern yet, but I guess it might have something to do with the math for the input notes.
For example:
When I hit note 48 it opens the instance for note 49. Same one-off problem for notes 49 and 50. Note 51 doesn't open anything at all. Note 52, 53 and 54 work as expected. And so on. For some it works, for some it doesn't.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:49 AM   #768
mpl

Quote:
The new logic works great and makes good sense to me!

Now there seems to be one problem left. Some notes don't work as expected.
I couldn't find a consistent pattern yet, but I guess it might have something to do with the math for the input notes.
For example:
When I hit note 48 it opens the instance for note 49. Same one-off problem for notes 49 and 50. Note 51 doesn't open anything at all. Note 52, 53 and 54 work as expected. And so on. For some it works, for some it doesn't.
try to change
Code:
if math.floor( nrangest *127) == base_pitch and  math.floor(nrangeendd *127) == base_pitch then
to
Code:
if math.floor( nrangest *128) == base_pitch and  math.floor(nrangeendd *128) == base_pitch then
(it is line 50) Does it solve problem?
Old 09-29-2022, 02:08 AM   #769
ief

Quote:
try to change
Code:
if math.floor( nrangest *127) == base_pitch and  math.floor(nrangeendd *127) == base_pitch then
to
Code:
if math.floor( nrangest *128) == base_pitch and  math.floor(nrangeendd *128) == base_pitch then
(it is line 50) Does it solve problem?
Yes! That's it. Now it works beautifully.
This speeds up my workflow so much. Thank you MPL!

There's one little thing that would make it even more convenient:
Could you make it so that the track of the found instance (if it's not the currently selected track) gets selected automatically?
So one can instantly add new Fx to it via shortcuts.

p.s. Is it really not possible at all to send you donations at the moment? Because I'd love to.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:14 AM   #770
mpl

Quote:
There's one little thing that would make it even more convenient:
Could you make it so that the track of the found instance (if it's not the currently selected track) gets selected automatically?
So one can instantly add new Fx to it via shortcuts.

p.s. Is it really not possible at all to send you donations at the moment? Because I'd love to.
Should be fixed / added now.

Thanks but no, donation and any other money interactions with people/organisations outside Russia are impossible for Russians. Ну ничего страшного, были и пожёстче времена, прорвёмся.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:18 PM   #771
meghadutam

Default Randomize fx parameters Script`s Preset List

Hi,

In the Randomize fx parameters Script,we can save the preset and load them from the preset list,but where is the preset list saved? can i copy theme to another Computer to use them?

Thank you very much.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1664777856023.png (30.7 KB, 118 views)
meghadutam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 04:21 AM   #772
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghadutam View Post
Hi,

In the Randomize fx parameters Script,we can save the preset and load them from the preset list,but where is the preset list saved? can i copy theme to another Computer to use them?

Thank you very much.
It is in reaper-ext.ini in related section.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:39 AM   #773
meghadutam

Default thank you

found it. thank you!
meghadutam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 08:57 AM   #774
kenhepen

Default Script: mpl_Adjust selected notes pitch (mousewheel).lua

Hi!

I use mpl_Adjust selected notes pitch (mousewheel) to move midi notes up and down. If I work in single midi item - it works ok. But if I try to adjust notes pitch in multiple midi items, the script moves notes from only one of midi items. At the same time if I use built-in function "Edit: Move notes up/down one semitone", all selected notes in all midi items move as I want.

Is there a way to update script to make it work through multiple midi items?
Attached Images
File Type: png 1 multiple midi items.png (62.3 KB, 106 views)
File Type: png 2 select two notes from different midi items.png (78.2 KB, 111 views)
File Type: png 3-1 mpl move up one semitone.png (92.8 KB, 92 views)
File Type: png 3-2 built-in move up one semitone.png (82.2 KB, 95 views)
kenhepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 10:16 AM   #775
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhepen View Post
Hi!
At the same time if I use built-in function "Edit: Move notes up/down one semitone", all selected notes in all midi items move as I want.
I never get same behaviour.
When you are in MIDI Editor, Edit: Move notes up one semitone works only for active MIDI editor take, just like my script. I can edit the script so it move all notes for all selected notes in all midi takes, but thats dangerous. You can accidentally leave notes selected in some take and the script will move them. What is your case?
Old 11-01-2022, 08:53 AM   #776
kenhepen

Quote:
I never get same behaviour.
When you are in MIDI Editor, Edit: Move notes up one semitone works only for active MIDI editor take, just like my script. I can edit the script so it move all notes for all selected notes in all midi takes, but thats dangerous. You can accidentally leave notes selected in some take and the script will move them. What is your case?
It's about key modulation. Sometimes I need to change key of some midi tracks, so I select several midi items, open in one midi editor and move some parts of multiple tracks up or down.

To make it work I enabled option "Selection is linked to editability". (please, see attachment if necessary)

I made a gif:

https://media.giphy.com/media/K75mqu...usLE/giphy.gif

So, built-in function "move notes up/down" is working like expected. And there is a script "me2beats_Move notes up or down (mousewheel).lua" - it's also working like built-in function. I use it now.

I mean, if it's not a bug, it's ok, I just thought it is and tried to help.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2022-11-01 18_41_17-REAPER Preferences.png (11.1 KB, 73 views)
kenhepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 03:00 PM   #777
Pat Breacadh

Default Oledr versions available?

Hi,
First Rea5K manager is truly awesome. Thank you so much for the excellent work!
The version I tried out first and immediatley adored is the one appearing in the video from the Reaper Blog.
I have just updated to Reaper 6.7, and since then I am getting version 3 of Rea5K manager.
There are a number of things I prefer in the older version.
Is there any way I can revert back to an previous version of the script?
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Pat
Pat Breacadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 03:02 PM   #778
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Breacadh View Post
Hi,
First Rea5K manager is truly awesome. Thank you so much for the excellent work!
The version I tried out first and immediatley adored is the one appearing in the video from the Reaper Blog.
I have just updated to Reaper 6.7, and since then I am getting version 3 of Rea5K manager.
There are a number of things I prefer in the older version.
Is there any way I can revert back to an previous version of the script?
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Pat
Reapack->Browser packages. Find this script, right-click it and choose the version among all. Then click Apply or Ok.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 03:33 PM   #779
Pat Breacadh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
Reapack->Browser packages. Find this script, right-click it and choose the version among all. Then click Apply or Ok.
Yesss, that works! So cool. Thanks so much for your answer!

In essence what I prefer in 2.129 is:
- takes less screen space width wise
- simpler to use imo
- the note-off control is available from the manager for each pad! ♥♥♥
This has got to be one the best scripts ever written for Reaper.
Pat Breacadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 01:17 AM   #780
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Breacadh View Post
Yesss, that works! So cool. Thanks so much for your answer!

In essence what I prefer in 2.129 is:
- takes less screen space width wise
- simpler to use imo
- the note-off control is available from the manager for each pad! ♥♥♥
This has got to be one the best scripts ever written for Reaper.
the v3 versions is more a port from ableton which has way better workflow than it was previously.

You can hide modules by clicking tab toggles at the left side. Right click on tab bane hide others. You can leave drumrack only, for example. You can also set tab defaults.

Noteoff for each sample/layer coming soon. Let me know if you need other controls.
I can also build narrow (vertically) version of sampler to replicate v2 compact look.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:33 PM   #781
mpl

NoteOff added for 3.01

btw there is a rs5k manager thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=207971
Old 11-23-2022, 10:13 AM   #782
lamellicorn

Thank you for the brilliant scripts MPL, updated my reapack the other day to find the Randomize Track FX Parameter script has completely changed. Is there somewhere I can find a run-down of how this new version works? Used to be able to click and pick parameters but I can't figure out how to do that now.
lamellicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 11:34 AM   #783
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamellicorn View Post
Thank you for the brilliant scripts MPL, updated my reapack the other day to find the Randomize Track FX Parameter script has completely changed. Is there somewhere I can find a run-down of how this new version works? Used to be able to click and pick parameters but I can't figure out how to do that now.
1. Make plugin focused.
2. Click "Get focused FX"
3. Select parameters to morph (ctrl = add to selelction, shift = select range, rightclick = reset selection)
4. Click generate/morph
Old 12-01-2022, 10:50 AM   #784
inthevoid

Hi MPL, first off thanks for the brilliant scripts, they've made getting to grips with Reaper fantastic.

I had a question about your script "mpl_Quantize selected MIDI notes ends.lua". I would love to be able to select several items and quantize note ends across all the items at once in the MIDI editor (the script currently only quantizes the notes in the currently active item). Is there a way to modify this script so that this is possible?

Thanks!

Last edited by inthevoid; 12-01-2022 at 10:57 AM.
inthevoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:51 AM   #785
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthevoid View Post
I had a question about your script "mpl_Quantize selected MIDI notes ends.lua". I would love to be able to select several items and quantize note ends across all the items at once in the MIDI editor (the script currently only quantizes the notes in the currently active item). Is there a way to modify this script so that this is possible?
I removed this script from MIDI Editor Section and added to /MIDI folder, and slightly modify it, it should works also for selected items now.

Last edited by mpl; 12-02-2022 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-02-2022, 05:34 AM   #786
inthevoid

Quote:
I removed this script from MIDI Editor Section and added to /MIDI folder, and slightly modify it, it shoulds works also for selected items now.
Wow, thank you!
Old 12-05-2022, 08:05 PM   #787
fmL

resync'd tonite. 8 errors-

Conflict: Scripts/MPL Scripts/FX/mpl_Toggle bypass all project FX with latency (PDC) higher than 64 samples.lua is already owned by another package.

...128, 256, 512, ect.

any ideas? not sure what it would be conflicting with.
Old 12-05-2022, 09:49 PM   #788
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmL View Post
resync'd tonite. 8 errors-

Conflict: Scripts/MPL Scripts/FX/mpl_Toggle bypass all project FX with latency (PDC) higher than 64 samples.lua is already owned by another package.

...128, 256, 512, ect.

any ideas? not sure what it would be conflicting with.
When you sync packages, Reapack suggest you to remove obsolete packages. It seems you didn't remove old one. I repacked this action into new name, since it was asked from me to extend it for act not only with all project fx but selected tracks specifically. So I change metapackage name and add some new scripts. Then, old metapackage hold same scripts and here is a conflict. So go to Action list, browse packages, then remove old one and sync again. Or just don't install new one (uncheck "install new packages automatically").

Sorry I don't know other solution for cases like that. Reapack indexer doesn't allow to ignore that.

Last edited by mpl; 12-06-2022 at 01:16 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 01:14 AM   #789
StuhRAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post
Smart duplicate items grid relative BUG

This script works very unreliable if the item is exactly filling the bar.

I've always had similar problems with this script, but I've never found another way of smart duplicating, is there a fix for this?
StuhRAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 02:24 AM   #790
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuhRAH View Post
I've always had similar problems with this script, but I've never found another way of smart duplicating, is there a fix for this?
Duplicate razor edit area. No need for a script.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:59 AM   #791
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuhRAH View Post
I need simple RPP to reproduce this.
upd: in the script try to change

Code:
local floating_point_threshold = 0.000001
to

Code:
local floating_point_threshold = 0.01
Is that solve problem?
Old 12-07-2022, 03:04 AM   #792
inthevoid

Quote:
I removed this script from MIDI Editor Section and added to /MIDI folder, and slightly modify it, it should works also for selected items now.
Just following this over from this thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2621135

Would it be possible for the quantize / quantize note ends scripts to work in the MIDI editor window on selected notes across all editable takes? Thanks!
Old 12-09-2022, 02:57 AM   #793
StuhRAH

Quote:
I need simple RPP to reproduce this.
upd: in the script try to change

Code:
local floating_point_threshold = 0.000001
to

Code:
local floating_point_threshold = 0.01
Is that solve problem?
I was on version 1.1 but I've just upgraded to 1.13 and it seems a lot better! I'll try that adjustment if I have more issues, thanks!
StuhRAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 12:45 AM   #794
BenjyO

Hi MPL, please take a look at this script if you find the time: Export selected Media Explorer items to RS5k instances on selected track (use original source)?
It's not working for me for quite some time now (I'm on Reaper v6.69 atm). When I activate the script, I get the "Set base pitch" pop-up window but when I press OK, nothing happens. Let me know if you'd need more information to replicate the issue.
Old 12-22-2022, 04:06 AM   #795
inthevoid

Default Quantize selected MIDI notes positions

Thanks for the new Quantize selected MIDI notes positions script! However upon testing over the last few days I have a slight bug when using it from the MIDI editor.

It seems to quantize notes to the right grid lines only if I've changed the grid specifically in the Main window instead of the MIDI editor, even though I have grid settings linked between the main window and MIDI editor. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!
Old 12-22-2022, 10:31 AM   #796
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjyO View Post
Hi MPL, please take a look at this script if you find the time: Export selected Media Explorer items to RS5k instances on selected track (use original source)?
It's not working for me for quite some time now (I'm on Reaper v6.69 atm). When I activate the script, I get the "Set base pitch" pop-up window but when I press OK, nothing happens. Let me know if you'd need more information to replicate the issue.
Sorry, I don`t know what is going on here.
I used code snipped from here: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...08&postcount=2

But it seems it doesn`t work anymore, and JulianSader doesn`t part of community anymore, afaik. I`ll remove that script.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:44 AM   #797
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthevoid View Post
Thanks for the new Quantize selected MIDI notes positions script! However upon testing over the last few days I have a slight bug when using it from the MIDI editor.

It seems to quantize notes to the right grid lines only if I've changed the grid specifically in the Main window instead of the MIDI editor, even though I have grid settings linked between the main window and MIDI editor. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!
The script takes current grid from MIDI Editor given by native API MIDI_GetGrid(). I just set Grid: Use the same grid division in arrange view and MIDI editor ON. Then,
a) set different grid from MIDI editor, run script, the notes quantized to the right grid
a) set different grid from Main view, run script, the notes quantized to the right grid also.

So cant reproduce here.
edit: but I can for example check whether this option enabled, and if enabled:
- if you are in MIDI editor, use currently opened MIDI editor grid for other takes
- if you are in main view, use current arrange grid spacing
Old 01-03-2023, 01:45 PM   #798
nofish

Referring to:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...69&postcount=3

I'd like to try this in an actual project now but maybe I'm too stupid to understand your quantize tool.
It seems to do nothing for me.
https://i.imgur.com/bSvZbuy.gif (not embedded because large gif)

Project is attached (without audio files).
What I want to do is quantize the stretch markers to project grid (1/1) sequentially (ordered).

The tracks are multitracks (stems) btw. so it should quantize SMs for all (selected) items at once if possible.

The track is about the speed of the project tempo (228 BPM) so when quantizing SMs to grid they theoretically should keep a rate at around 1 (more or less).

Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks.

edit:
Updated gif because I noticed I had the wrong settings before.
Attached Files
File Type: rpp quantize SMs to grid ordered test.rpp (28.3 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by nofish; 01-03-2023 at 02:04 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 02:17 AM   #799
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Update to 3.16, then
- Preset: align stretch markers sequentally
- Click "get anchor points", "get targets", move action knob

Last edited by mpl; 01-04-2023 at 02:27 AM.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:21 AM   #800
nofish

Quote:
Update to 3.16, then
- Preset: align stretch markers sequentally
- Click "get anchor points", "get targets", move action knob
Thanks for the fast update.
It almost works perfectly now.
For me there's still one thing though: I can't get it to move SMs in all four items at once. It works for the bottom three (start of gif), but if I include the top one (middle of gif) it only moves that one.
Having the four items grouped doesn't help either (end of gif).

https://i.imgur.com/j0IgYAv.gif

Is the support for quantizing multiple items at once based on item selection or grouped items btw.?

Anyway, not a biggie as I can quantize them perfectly in two steps now.
Very essential for me as the native "Quantize stretch markers to grid" action f*cks up in this case, so thanks again.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote