Old 07-18-2018, 11:23 AM   #1
TonyPels
Human being with feelings

Default Icon Qcon Pro X facilities

I'm an owner of an Icon Qcon Pro X control surface , which utilizes the Mackie protocol. But some of its facilities don't work with Reaper.
I talked with Icon's tech support and they told me they need to have access to some of your 'internal codes' ( something like, I'm not an expert) in order to put all features working ( as they did with Reason). Can you manage to do that? That would be more than great for many ProX's owners.
Many thanks.
Tony

( I guess there's no other threads about this matter. If so, please let me know)
TonyPels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
airon

Iiirc, the source code for the MCU control surface plugin is open source. It looks like they can add whatever they want for their control surface.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
TonyPels

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Iiirc, the source code for the MCU control surface plugin is open source. It looks like they can add whatever they want for their control surface.
Well as I stated, I'm not so skilled, but it it's not only a matter of applying codes. There are some internal procedures developers do in their programs that are exclusive. There must be a collaboration between Icon and Reaper engineers in order to better adequate protocol assigns. They ( at Icon) did that with people at Reason and the controller functions fully and flawless with it.
I hope they can do the same here. Reaper now should be my one and only DAW, I really love it.
Thanks for your comment
Tony
Old 07-18-2018, 02:23 PM   #4
EvilDragon

They should then contact Cockos officially through the existing e-mails, no?
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:26 PM   #5
TonyPels

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
They should then contact Cockos officially through the existing e-mails, no?
That's what I'm trying to speed up, as a customer from both companies.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:33 AM   #6
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyPels View Post
I'm an owner of an Icon Qcon Pro X control surface , which utilizes the Mackie protocol. But some of its facilities don't work with Reaper.
I talked with Icon's tech support and they told me they need to have access to some of your 'internal codes' ( something like, I'm not an expert) in order to put all features working ( as they did with Reason). Can you manage to do that? That would be more than great for many ProX's owners.
Many thanks.
Tony
You can use my "DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper" tool to solve your problem. The included MCU support has specific support for icon products (like the stereo VU and the 2nd display): https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1988209
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:38 AM   #7
TonyPels

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
You can use my "DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper" tool to solve your problem. The included MCU support has specific support for icon products (like the stereo VU and the 2nd display): https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1988209
Wow, that is what I was searching for. Many, many thanks, see you there tomorrow ( I'm in a short trip).
Many thanks for your reply.
Tony