Old 07-11-2018, 03:48 AM   #1
bob
Human being with feelings

Default Roland xv 3080

I see one for sale on ebay 350 euros.Are they any good?

Last edited by bob; 07-14-2018 at 11:44 AM.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:37 AM   #2
ivansc

Are you sure you have the right model number there?

The XV 3080 is about the bottom of that particular range - I had a JV1080 & wound up swapping it with a pal as the VSTi instruments around at the time ate it for breakfast.

Suspect you will find this is pretty much the same. FWIW they go for less than that in the UK.

Gearslutz guys back in the year 2007 said the 3080 and the 5050 were "adequate" but its your money.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:32 AM   #3
bob

Thanks for the reply ivan.yes i got the number wrong.I did more research.its a no no.however ive got my eye on the INTEGRA 7 now.Ive read good things about it.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:48 AM   #4
Paul99

The Integra is great. I have an FA-06 which is about half an Integra. Especially the 11 free Roland virtual expansion packs offer great extra's. My FA-06 has 2 slots and the Integra has 4. With a decent keyboard you are totally set with all kinds of sounds you'll ever need.
But mind you: it is not a piano, it's not an organ and it is not a synth. It's all three in one, but not as good as one of those separate. When you really need a piano, you should buy a piano, when you really need a Hammond organ (like John Lord) you should buy an organ. The same for synth sounds. But when you need all three kind of sounds and you don't have the money for three separate keyboards, the Integra with a decent keyboard will do great!
Paul99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #5
bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul99 View Post
The Integra is great. I have an FA-06 which is about half an Integra. Especially the 11 free Roland virtual expansion packs offer great extra's. My FA-06 has 2 slots and the Integra has 4. With a decent keyboard you are totally set with all kinds of sounds you'll ever need.
But mind you: it is not a piano, it's not an organ and it is not a synth. It's all three in one, but not as good as one of those separate. When you really need a piano, you should buy a piano, when you really need a Hammond organ (like John Lord) you should buy an organ. The same for synth sounds. But when you need all three kind of sounds and you don't have the money for three separate keyboards, the Integra with a decent keyboard will do great!

yes its perfect for me. Im a one man op in a home studio.Years ago I bought the xv-5050 on ebay and Ive still got it.Its great with some good sounds so I figure the Roland flagship product cant be a bad buy
Old 07-13-2018, 01:06 AM   #6
ivansc

Every now & then I get tempted by some of those Roland high-end modules, but then I get on my Roland E-Drums & am reminded of how much better things like AD and EZD and especially SD3 sound. I still get to use my old 1080 every now & then in a studio belonging to the pal I sold it to. Disappointing these days, even with the expansion cards.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #7
bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Every now & then I get tempted by some of those Roland high-end modules, but then I get on my Roland E-Drums & am reminded of how much better things like AD and EZD and especially SD3 sound. I still get to use my old 1080 every now & then in a studio belonging to the pal I sold it to. Disappointing these days, even with the expansion cards.
yes SD3 looks/sounds amazing.skint at the moment.maybe for Christmas.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:49 AM   #8
ivansc

(grin) way cheaper than that Roland module though - if you catch it on sale. FWIW I seem to spend about 50/50 in either SD3 or EZD2 these days. Both are pretty damn good.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:45 AM   #9
bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
(grin) way cheaper than that Roland module though - if you catch it on sale. FWIW I seem to spend about 50/50 in either SD3 or EZD2 these days. Both are pretty damn good.
yes its already too expensive now.ebay is a joke sometimes.I bet this goes for a 100 euros cheaper than a brand new unit

https://www.ebay.de/itm/ROLAND-INTEG...0AAOSwhclbRwji