Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #1
changeng
Human being with feelings

Default East-West Hollywood Background Singers feezing Reaper?

So I'm clueless here. I just got this pretty cool backing singer software from East-west and it worked fine on one song and now it has frozen a different song I reeeeely need to get back into. At least I THINK it's East-West. It was fine until I tried to add a Kontakt instrument, loaded Palette Orchestra sketchbook, then tried to control Palette with my Nektar keyboard. I had forgotten that Nektar pretty much always sucks as a controller in my setup and it always makes Reaper freeze when I try to use it to control midi messages. But usually, all I need to do is restart Reaper and NOT use Nektar as a midi controller.

In this case however, I once again did the stupid thing and tried to use Nektar to control Palette. As usual, it froze Reaper. So I restarted and tried to load the project and it looks like it is getting held up this time by East-West, since over the normal "Project Loading Complete" message from Reaper you see just before it brings up the project itself, there is a box that says "HBS WB Util P10" and an "abort" button underneath that . I clicked on the "abort" button and nothing happens. Either Kontakt is freezing it and strangling East -West, or East-West is holding things up or... like I said, I'm clueless as to what to do.

So does anyone know how I can get back into the Reaper project to delete either the Kontakt track or the East West track, or both?

HEEElllllllp!

Thanks in advance!
changeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Step 1: Burn the Nektar Keyboard.

Step 2: Post the rpp-projectfile (you can do it via PM, if you prefer). I need the tracknumbers of the tracks, who you want to have deleted.

Step 3: I try my best(shouldn't be hard)

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 05:27 PM   #3
changeng

thank for replying, Meo-Ada !

I figured out a workaround. I went into the Kontakt folder in my puter and where its name was, I added "----" to the name of it so that Reaper wouldn't be able to find the folder, which let me open the project and delete the Kontakt track that started the problem. Once THAT was done, I did a mixdown of the East-West backing vocal tracks into one submix. Then I took the "----" off of the Kontakt folder on my puter and instructed Reaper to "find' the "new" software (Kontakt), which it did.

Wasted a bunch of my time, but now things are back to normal, and hopefully a BIG lesson learned!

REAPER USERS: LEARN FROM MY STUPIDITY !!!!
changeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 05:41 PM   #4
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeng View Post
REAPER USERS: LEARN FROM MY STUPIDITY !!!!
That's the spirit

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote