Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #81
Someone64
Human being with feelings

Default Mixer FX Rack Bug Report

The mixer FX rack seems to be broken in my installation. I followed exactly as said in the included pdf's instructions except I installed the bleeding edge version of SWS after as of the time of posting this (I really hope that's not the cause).

Code:
...(tracks named '--RACK01--' and it's children) in MCP.lua:169: bad argument #1 to 'SetMixerScroll' (MediaTrack expected)
This occurs when I interact with the FX rack before pressing F to remove it again.

Footage of it happening: https://streamable.com/zaqwg

Another issue I found is when you are in inspector view and you select a folder: https://i.vgy.me/5BRI6U.png

This could be an issue with REAPER 6 or 6's new theme, though. Not so sure.

Last edited by Someone64; 12-04-2019 at 11:54 AM. Reason: making additions; want to prevent double post
Someone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:05 PM   #82
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
Wow, that was fast. Thank you a lot, Breeder!
Unfortunately there are some discrepancies with the new theme and the cycled themes that come with ReWorked. Not a big deal, but seems I can't make the Reaper Deafult_6.0_Theme to appear correctly.
What do you mean? I just replaced Moon theme and now it holds Default 6 theme (previously it was a modded version of Default 5)?

If you want to use Default 6 theme, you can set it from the screensets window (ctrl+alt+w), but REAPER ReWorked has its own version of the Default 6.

If you mean discrepancies between cycling themes, I'm also not sure what are you referring to. I implemented all the layouts used by other themes. Can you please expand on what you have found to be wrong? The only thing that I have found to be a bit strange is coloring discrepancies of tracks. But that issue also plagues the original Default 6 theme - I'm still contemplating on how to solve it because in 99% of my own cases these coloring discrepancies aren't a problem but then in certain projects it just looks over the top. White Tie has solved it by giving us the option to dim the colors with theme adjuster (View->Preferences->Theme adjuster...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudlatiy View Post
your site in unavailable
Try again, I never encountered it happen but maybe my web host (Weebly) does daily backups so it becomes unavailable for a certain short period of time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone64 View Post
The mixer FX rack seems to be broken in my installation. I followed exactly as said in the included pdf's instructions except I installed the bleeding edge version of SWS after as of the time of posting this (I really hope that's not the cause).

Code:
...(tracks named '--RACK01--' and it's children) in MCP.lua:169: bad argument #1 to 'SetMixerScroll' (MediaTrack expected)
This occurs when I interact with the FX rack before pressing F to remove it again.

Footage of it happening: https://streamable.com/zaqwg

Another issue I found is when you are in inspector view and you select a folder: https://i.vgy.me/5BRI6U.png

This could be an issue with REAPER 6 or 6's new theme, though. Not so sure.
SWS is definitely not the cause - current REAPER ReWorked even comes with that version preinstalled. I will fix this error, but regarding the second issue with folders I can't be really sure what is going on. Can you supply an example project so I can take a look? Thanks you!

edit: no need for example project, I can see it too. I will check it out but in short - you nailed it - it seems this has to do with the theme - folder layouts get this line and it looks like that in the layout itself.

Last edited by Breeder; 12-04-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:20 PM   #83
Breeder

Updated to 1.34

Code:
v1.34 (December 4, 2019) (requires REAPER 6.0 or above)
 - Theming: REAPER ReWorked version of Default 6 theme doesn't color track names in TCP anymore
 - Menus: Added 'Convert embedded source transient information to transient guides' to item menus
 - Actions: Fixed a rare error when showing/hiding FX rack track (reported here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2210582#post2210582)

Last edited by Breeder; 01-11-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:12 PM   #84
Breeder

Updated to 1.341

Code:
v1.341 (December 4, 2019) (requires REAPER 6.0 or above)
 - Theming: Fixed display issues with sidebar layout (reported here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2210582#post2210582)

Last edited by Breeder; 01-11-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:12 PM   #85
Pashkuli
Banned

Seems like on mine the default 6 is acting like a mixture between two themes. I'll do a clean install of ReWorked and its most recent updated.

One thing I wanted to ask is, what are those tracks from on 1 to 5, one being a folder of tracks 2,3,4 and 5. I can see them on the Inspector mixer, though not in the TCP (Arranger)?

They are namer --RACK-- something. Same thing with the default name of the recorded files ($RACKitem... something), which I changed.
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:45 PM   #86
Breeder

Quote:
Seems like on mine the default 6 is acting like a mixture between two themes. I'll do a clean install of ReWorked and its most recent updated.

One thing I wanted to ask is, what are those tracks from on 1 to 5, one being a folder of tracks 2,3,4 and 5. I can see them on the Inspector mixer, though not in the TCP (Arranger)?

They are namer --RACK-- something. Same thing with the default name of the recorded files ($RACKitem... something), which I changed.
That's mixer FX Rack. You can show it/hide it with the shortcut 'F' or by right-clicking mixer master track and selecting Show mixer FX rack....

I left it loaded in template projects so it doesn't go missed but you can hide it and all these tracks will disappear from your project. You can then proceed to resave project templates so you never see it again.

If you would use it, you would put all your lovely favorite fxs and instruments in it and then save it as track template so every time you press F, you would be able to load the rack in the mixer and simply drag and drop these around your project.

User guide, page 8, has information on where and how to save it so it sticks:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Dj...cHbC4fW4bNHQPN

I personally have it fully populated and all of my FX are set offline but I key-binded this REAPER ReWorked script:
Code:
Script: Track FX - Set last offline FX in mixer track online and float (show at mouse cursor...).lua
to my mouse so whenever I drag some offline FX from mixer FX rack, I just hover my mouse over the track where I draged FX and run that script once so it puts last offline FX online. Works a treat!

Last edited by Breeder; 01-11-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:07 PM   #87
Pashkuli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
That's mixer FX Rack. You can show it/hide it with the shortcut 'F' or by right-clicking mixer master track and selecting Show mixer FX rack....

I left it loaded in template projects so it doesn't go missed but you can hide it and all these tracks will disappear from your project. You can then proceed to resave project templates so you never see it again.

If you would use it, you would put all your lovely favorite fxs and instruments in it and then save it as track template so every time you press F, you would be able to load the rack in the mixer and simply drag and drop these around your project.

User guide, page 8, has information on where and how to save it so it sticks:
https://www.reaper-reworked.com/reap...ked-user-guide

I personally have it fully populated and all of my FX are set offline but I key-binded this REAPER ReWorked script:
Code:
Script: Track FX - Set last offline FX in mixer track online and float (show at mouse cursor...).lua
to my mouse so whenever I drag some offline FX from mixer FX rack, I just hover my mouse over the track where I draged FX and run that script once so it puts last offline FX online. Works a treat!
Honestly, I do not know what 'Mixer FX Rack' is and what that script does. Completely lost me. That is some advanced stuff or is it your preference? Never heard of Rack FX before. Is it some "analogue implementation" or something.

Honestly, you need a manual for ReWorked. This thing is huge and filled with options!
Old 12-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #88
Breeder

Quote:
Honestly, I do not know what 'Mixer FX Rack' is and what that script does. Completely lost me. That is some advanced stuff or is it your preference? Never heard of Rack FX before. Is it some "analogue implementation" or something.

Honestly, you need a manual for ReWorked. This thing is huge and filled with options!
It's 5 tracks that are meant to hold your FX and the shortcut 'F' will show them/hide them. You populate them with FX you want to use and then save them as track template (explained in the user guide), you can see it in action here (image)

Regarding manual - if/when I get enough funds from donations and premium content purchases I will definitely hire someone to write it (volunteers can PM me immediately). I'm personally too involved in many things to even begin writing it. But I do have an idea on how it should be written so it's as short and as concise as possible so neither the person who will write it, nor me, nor the users, waste their time...because music

Last edited by Breeder; 01-11-2020 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:42 PM   #89
Pashkuli
Banned

Quote:
It's 5 tracks that are meant to hold your FX and the shortcut 'F' will show them/hide them. You populate them with FX you want to use and then save them as track template.
Ah, so it is Buses. Bus Tracks.
Ah, wait... it is more like an FX Library, pre-loaded but offline?! Warm enough? Makes sense. I usually use just amp-sims (free ones) and a room/hall reverb (Valhalla). Drums - all what is built in Addicitive drums as FX. Some russian compressors/limiters (Molotov). And that is it.
All EQ, other comp, FX what comes with Reaper. Rarely more than 10 tracks occupied. I am a simple guy.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:54 PM   #90
Breeder

Quote:
Ah, so it is Buses. Bus Tracks.
Ah, wait... it is more like an FX Library, pre-loaded but offline?! Warm enough? Makes sense. I usually use just amp-sims (free ones) and a room/hall reverb (Valhalla). Drums - all what is built in Addicitive drums as FX. Some russian compressors/limiters (Molotov). And that is it.
All EQ, other comp, FX what comes with Reaper. Rarely more than 10 tracks occupied. I am a simple guy.
Exactly!

Although, I think they would be busses if they would act on the signal, but they are just place-holders.

Yes, it's like FX library, a secondary FX browser to be exact. It doesn't come populated with any FXs - you have to put your own FX in it - you can chose if you want them offline, online, bypassed. I personally have a lot of stuff so I offline it not to waste resources.

I personally like to play a lot with FXs and try things out and I like to do it as fast as I can - "drag, set online, try - repeat until satisfied". That's why I came up with this, to skip searching for stuff in submenus and FX browser - here I can sort things however I want and I see immediately what I'm working with.

Wish I could keep it simple too, but I'm more into composing around the sound then using the sound to compose. So the more FXs, the merrier.

Last edited by Breeder; 12-04-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:45 PM   #91
Someone64

So far I only have 2 big issues with the defaults of this pack.

The first is that spectral editing is a pain. Adding spectral edits is behind 2 menus and there's no button in the toolbar even relating to spectral edits besides the peaks display options button. The toggle spectral peaks per item button is also not present anywhere.

The second is that the routing matrix is only in the view menu without a hotkey even if routing is something you almost definitely will do a lot of. This is especially important now that REAPER 6 now has a really nice wiring diagram that makes using this stuff even easier yet the only buttons on the view menu are for the routing and grouping matrix.

Besides this, I've been having a really good time with the changes. It's just a bit hard to get used to the right click menus that have more nested menus than before, making workflow slower sometimes.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:53 PM   #92
Breeder

Quote:
So far I only have 2 big issues with the defaults of this pack.

The first is that spectral editing is a pain. Adding spectral edits is behind 2 menus and there's no button in the toolbar even relating to spectral edits besides the peaks display options button. The toggle spectral peaks per item button is also not present anywhere.

The second is that the routing matrix is only in the view menu without a hotkey even if routing is something you almost definitely will do a lot of. This is especially important now that REAPER 6 now has a really nice wiring diagram that makes using this stuff even easier yet the only buttons on the view menu are for the routing and grouping matrix.

Besides this, I've been having a really good time with the changes. It's just a bit hard to get used to the right click menus that have more nested menus than before, making workflow slower sometimes.
I'm glad you like it. I don't use routing matrix much so that's why I forgot to put shortcut for it. I'll remedy that for the next update.

I can pull spectral edits out so they are right under processing in item menu. Regarding toolbar icon - it's there! (edit: Ups, I missed the part where you said you found it, but I'll leave the screenshot just in case someone can't find it)

Once you open up that dialog, you should be able to toggle spectral editing, right? In any case, I'll put it one level above in the menus (and see if I can squeeze it in the toolbar...I think I have an idea how to pull it off) and you let me know if anything else is missing.

Btw, when it comes to nested menus - this is my cure:
How to Change Menu Show Delay Time in Windows 10

Here are registry files for your convenience:
Set Menu Show Delay Time - Default
Set Menu Show Delay Time - Short
Set Menu Show Delay Time - Shorter

Last edited by Breeder; 12-05-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:27 PM   #93
Someone64

In regards to the spectral editing through peaks display, REAPER also has a function for toggling spectral view per individual item. I guess it's not really needed at all (but it's still present behind the stated 2 menus) if it's not going to be easily accessible anyway as its purpose is to show the spectrogram only for the selected item and could quickly be toggled if there was a toolbar button or hotkey. It's probably fine to just have a quick show spectrogram for all button instead (which really is just like opening the peaks view but slightly quicker).

Thanks for that last tip! Works in Win 7, too. I look forward to the changes in regards to my suggestions. Thanks for taking them up. I think I'll try to figure out how to modify the contextual toolbars a bit when this pack's updates slow down so I can change things to my liking for my own installation eventually.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:36 AM   #94
Breeder

Quote:
when this pack's updates slow down so I can change things to my liking for my own installation eventually.
Hopefully that is now - I started new song just yesterday and ended up fixing stuff around. Hopefully the inspiration is still there cause I at least recorded the main theme. I really like this project but I also like making music xD
Old 12-07-2019, 03:38 AM   #95
Breeder

Updated to 1.342

Code:
v1.342 (December 7, 2019) (requires REAPER 6.0 or above)
  + Theming: Added HiDPI images to REAPER ReWorked version of the Default 6 theme for REAPER ReWorked specific layouts (untested, buy licenses so I can buy monitors to test)
  + Menus: Cleaned up 'View' menu to make more space for new entries
  + Menus: Added wiring diagram to 'View' menu
  + Menus: Moved 'Spectral editing' submenu from 'Processing' to one level above in 'Item' menu
  + Menus: Cleaned up MIDI Editor menus and added new menu entries
  + Toolbars: Added alternative version of Main toolbar with buttons for spectral editing - right-click Main toolbar and select Switch toolbar->Main toolbar (Alt #2)
  + Toolbars: Added alternative versions of Top toolbar (unused for now so they are duplicates but this is to make sure they are reserved for future usage)
  + Actions: Fixed some MIDI Editor actions that weren't obeying 'Options: CC selection follows note selection'
  + Actions: Fixes some MIDI Editor actions that weren't obeying 'Options: Bank/program change events follow note selection when CC selection follows note selection'
  + Actions: MIDI Editor actions that select note nearest to edit cursor will ignore pitch cursor from now on and instead move pitch cursor to newly selected notes
  + Actions: Changed behavior for 'Implode items across tracks to takes' (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1465713#post1465713)
  + Shortcuts: Changed shortcuts to cycle takes from 'Ctrl+Shift+B/N' and 'Ctrl+Alt+Shift+B/N' to 'Alt+Shift+G/H' and 'Ctrl+Alt+Shift+G/H' (see 'Main menu->Item->Take')
  + Shortcuts: Added shortcut 'Ctrl+Shift+B/N' to 'Set time selection start/end point to edit cursor' (see 'Main menu->Arrange->Edit time selection')
  + Shortcuts: Changed shortcut for 'Automatically record selected tracks into sequencer' to 'Alt+Shift+R'
  + Shortcuts: Changed shortcut for 'Disable MIDI pattern switching during sequencer record' to 'Ctrl+Shift+R'
  + Shortcuts: Changed shortcut for 'Track: Toggle record arm for selected tracks' to 'Alt+R'
  + Shortcuts: Changed shortcut for 'View: Show screen/track/item sets window' to 'Ctrl+Alt+Shift+W'
  + Shortcuts: Added shortcut 'Ctr+Alt+W' to 'View: Show track wiring diagram'
  + Shortcuts: Added shortcut 'Ctr+Alt+R' to 'View: Show routing matrix window'
  + Shortcuts: Added various shortcuts for spectral editing (see Main menu->Items->Spectral editing->Peak display for details)
  + Mouse Modifiers: Updated some of the mouse modifiers to make things more consistent across the program
      - This is optional if you're updating and not installing for the first time.
        To import new mouse modifiers go to 'View->Preferences->Mouse modifiers...' and
        load 'REAPER ReWorked Mouse Modifiers.ReaperMouseMap' from 'MouseMaps' folder
        for all contexts.

Last edited by Breeder; 01-11-2020 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:32 AM   #96
Flynne

Am very eager to try Reaper Reworked, but unfortunately the site is unavailable for two days already. Tried it on different machines and browsers.
Overall, looking forward to try it because its description seems to click with my needs.
Flynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:48 AM   #97
Pashkuli
Banned

No problems with the website, reaching it from UK.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:10 AM   #98
TechDAWg

Default mac version

I've tried Reaper Reworked on my MAC knowing that it had been developed for Windows. As expected some features don't work especially when it implies finding folders (Ex: 'Show Track Icons Folder...' 'Action List'). I love the way the menus have been reorganized but I think the tool icons are useless. They're too small and it's hard to figure out what function or action they symbolize). Will Reworked be reworked to be usable on Mac?
TechDAWg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:49 AM   #99
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynne View Post
Am very eager to try Reaper Reworked, but unfortunately the site is unavailable for two days already. Tried it on different machines and browsers.
Overall, looking forward to try it because its description seems to click with my needs.
Heh, I really have no idea what's up with that. I use weebly - I might just create a wordpres site at some point but weebly was easier at the time. But I'm not really into developing website all over again - so I might actually pay someone to do it if I get enough support. Remember, I share this because I love it, but to keep it supported, I will need funds so don't forget to donate or buy premium content if you like it. I don't have problems with sharing any updates I do because I already update it for my private use, but any other support will require funding. I have a day job and I have other projects to attend to, yada, yada...you all know how life is.

You can download the latest version here and the update here. These links should always work when update happens so save them (or just reference this post) and use them when I announce updates here.

Last edited by Breeder; 12-11-2019 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:59 PM   #100
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechDAWg View Post
I've tried Reaper Reworked on my MAC knowing that it had been developed for Windows. As expected some features don't work especially when it implies finding folders (Ex: 'Show Track Icons Folder...' 'Action List'). I love the way the menus have been reorganized but I think the tool icons are useless. They're too small and it's hard to figure out what function or action they symbolize). Will Reworked be reworked to be usable on Mac?
I think REAPER ReWorked should work on Mac if you replace extensions with mac versions. All of the extensions are installed through ReaPack so that shouldn't be a problem. Besides downloading ReaPack to install the extensions, you should only download latest SWS pre-release and that should be it.

I don't know if I will rework it for the Mac - the fix isn't hard to do (extensions and folders) and I think all other scripts should work on Mac without any problem, but I don't even have a Mac so it would be a hassle at this point to keep it all updated. To be honest with you - if I don't earn enough from this, I will definitely not be dealing with Mac because I don't use Macs. I hear Junkie XL uses Macs - if he calls and buys 10 commercial licences I might do something about it. Other than that, I highly doubt it.

Regarding icons...I don't know what to say - most of these are the default icons that come with REAPER and functions are quite standard. You are always free to edit it for your own needs or even hide the toolbars if they bother you. If you hide the top toolbar it will stay hidden, and if you want to remove those Main toolbar icons, just resize the TCP and resave any screensets that you use and that should do it.

Or just duplicate the main toolbar to one of the free toolbars and use that as a replacement.

Last edited by Breeder; 12-07-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:08 AM   #101
Someone64

It seems that the old version of the toolbar that has the new soectral editing alt version is redundant with the toolbar above it which has the same buttons that the spectral buttons replace anyway.

I also noticed that preferences and screensets are both in file AND view in the menu. Probably can make more space by removing it from one of them. The manual still refers to using the one in File.
EDIT: My wording is kinda confusing so here's a screenshot.

You should probably put download links AND premium content and donation links in the OP that work without your site as a backup in case there are people who can't access your site for whatever reason. ISPs are kinda shitty and love to block shit for no good reason and people who live in very restrictive countries will also have issues. Maybe place it in a spoiler with a "backup links" label to discourage its common use over use of the links that lead to your site.
EDIT2: FFS this forum has no spoiler blocks...

Last edited by Someone64; 12-08-2019 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:00 AM   #102
Breeder

Quote:
It seems that the old version of the toolbar that has the new soectral editing alt version is redundant with the toolbar above it which has the same buttons that the spectral buttons replace anyway.

EDIT: My wording is kinda confusing so here's a screenshot.

I also noticed that preferences and screensets are both in file AND view in the menu. Probably can make more space by removing it from one of them. The manual still refers to using the one in File.
Good catch, double toolbar buttons are to ease up mouse movement - when one uses a lot of mouse (and if you use draw tools, that is presumed), one wants to move it as less as possible and thus I've put the same toolbar on two opposite sides of screen. There are also same buttons in MIDI Editor too But I like your remark so I did change it for the next update.

Regarding the second observation - that is completely right. I tend to take breaks from music and I tend to forget stuff so that's why a lot of stuff is repeated everywhere. My brain will sometimes think options are in file and sometimes in view. All of this duplication is made so because one caveat of menus is that once you open any menu, if you clicked the wrong one, you will have to search the other. That can take precious time (small numbers law...1 second here, 1 second there...sounds small, but it messes with the flow - human brain loves to stay in flow) - and thus I simply decided to repeat things wherever possible and where it makes sense. So you really can do rapid editing without remembering what is where because I've tried to put everything everywhere. My formula is what I call "linguistic geometrical sorting" where I sort things by length (and then fix stuff with synonyms et...) so hopefully things are easy to find even if the amount of entries is huge. That registry trick to shorten menu display delay time makes all the difference.

REAPER ReWorked is all about ergonomics - I make music in one go, I don't have time to think. No stop signs! I want to use a DAW as a guitarist uses the guitar and my instrument is mouse and a small MIDI keyboard. Every decision I made is based on direct experience, nothing is accidental

How do I know I'm doing a good job? After years and years, I'm finally finishing songs.

Quote:
You should probably put download links AND premium content and donation links in the OP that work without your site as a backup in case there are people who can't access your site for whatever reason. ISPs are kinda shitty and love to block shit for no good reason and people who live in very restrictive countries will also have issues. Maybe place it in a spoiler with a "backup links" label to discourage its common use over use of the links that lead to your site.
EDIT2: FFS this forum has no spoiler blocks...
Yeah, I will have to think about this. I've been thinking about creating PayPal basket that opens download link for premium content, but the problem is, PayPal doesn't allow sending mails on purchases so if something gets messed up, people will get upset. I might look into some other system when I catch the time.

Last edited by Breeder; 12-12-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #103
Breeder

Updated to 1.351 (requires REAPER 6.01 or above)

Code:
v1.351 (December 13, 2019) (requires REAPER 6.01 or above)
  + Menus: Added move submenu to item menus
  + Menus: Added missing action to move item end to edit cursor
  + Menus: Cleaned up and reorganized MIDI editor menus
  + Menus: Make sure to properly toggle off triplet and dotted grid when setting swing grid using shortcuts/menu entries
  + Menus: Added menu entries to toggle swing grid
  + Menus: Added menu entries to set item timebase to Beats (auto-stretch at tempo changes)
  + Toolbars: Updated contextual toolbar for CC lanes
  + Toolbars: Switched Main Toolbars (Alt #1 and #2) for better defaults
  + Shortcuts: Added shortcut to move item end to edit cursor ('Ctrl+Shift+L')
  + Shortcuts: Added shortcut to toggle swing grid (also changed shortcuts for toggling triplet and dotted grid so these three match)

Last edited by Breeder; 01-11-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-15-2019, 03:16 AM   #104
Breeder

Updated to 1.353 (requires REAPER 6.01 or above)

Code:
v1.353 (December 15, 2019) (requires REAPER 6.01 or above)
  + Menus: Rearranged and updated automation item submenus
  + Shortcuts: Added shortcut 'P' to toggle track pan envelope visible
  + Mouse tools: Added support for MIDI editor CC lanes when using draw tool ('Alt+D')
  + Mouse Modifiers: Updated some of the mouse modifiers to make things more consistent across the program
      - This is optional if you're updating and not installing for the first time.
        To import new mouse modifiers go to 'View->Preferences->Mouse modifiers...' and
        load 'REAPER ReWorked Mouse Modifiers.ReaperMouseMap' from 'MouseMaps' folder
        for all contexts.

Old 12-15-2019, 04:02 PM   #105
Pashkuli
Banned

Thanks!
I can barely keep up testing it with your frequent updates. Not complaining, just trying to use it.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:54 PM   #106
Breeder

Quote:
Thanks!
I can barely keep up testing it with your frequent updates. Not complaining, just trying to use it.

I know, sorry for updates spam but this still being kinda new we could says it's still in sort of alpha/beta stage. Hopefully, this has been the last major update to menus and from now on any new updates should relate to REAPER updates only if needed. No promises of course, but I too aim to slow down.

The only thing I'm personally missing to call it 100% finished are these two SWS feature requests:

https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/1244
https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/1243

I think having a proper grid menus is a perquisite of any DAW and I'm surprised this isn't solved natively so hopefully someone at SWS also has some interest in fixing these.

I've also created a FR here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....26#post2218026

Last edited by Breeder; 12-15-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #107
Breeder

Updated to 1.355 (requires REAPER 6.01 or above)

Code:
v1.355 (December 18, 2019) (requires REAPER 6.01 or above)
  + Theme: Updates splash for REAPER ReWorked version of the default 6 theme (switch themes with 'Scroll lock' shortcut to load if updating)
  + Toolbars: All grid toolbars now respect triplet/doted/swing toggle states and the option to sync MIDI editor grid with arrange grid
  + Toolbars: Added toolbar button to toggle swing grid in top toolbar and MIDI editor toolbar
  + Toolbars: Updated Main toolbar (Alt #1 & #2) and MIDI editor toolbar
  + Menus: Added 'Adjust swing grid' to all snap menus
  + Menus: Added 'Adjust peak gain' to all peaks menus
  + Menus: Added 'Enable track playback offset' to all track menus
  + Menus: Removed menu entries in MIDI editor to load custom note color map (REAPER 6.02 removed this setting)
  + Menus: More MIDI editor menu cleanups
  + Actions: Turning on 'Set insert length to grid' will disable 'Options: Drawing or selecting a note sets the new note length'
  + Shortcuts: Added shortcut 'Alt+Shift+I' to toggle solo in front
  + Shortcuts: Added shortcut 'Alt+Shift+Mousewheel' to adjust swing grid
  + Shortcuts: Added shortcut 'Ctrl+Shift+Mousewheel' to adjust peaks display gain
  + Shortcuts: Added some shortcuts from MIDI editor numpad editing section where applicable in arrange (not too many in case of docked MIDI editor when what is focused might not be too clear)
  + Extensions: Added a special SWS build that includes latest updates needed for this update to work. These updates will be included in the next SWS pre-release.
  + Installer: Decreased installer size

Old 12-21-2019, 08:55 AM   #108
ChrisBlue

Looks bloody brilliant!! Just a little concerned that some people have reported problems so not being great with computers thinking I might wait til it's all sorted. Really want this though.
ChrisBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:31 AM   #109
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlue View Post
Looks bloody brilliant!! Just a little concerned that some people have reported problems so not being great with computers thinking I might wait til it's all sorted. Really want this though.
I've scratched off every thing of the bug list. The updates were mainly due to REAPER 6 major changes. You can use it without problems now.

Last edited by Breeder; 12-21-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 03:55 AM   #110
Pashkuli
Banned

Ok, we really need some User Guide...

1. How to switch/toggle the Toggle: Automatic rec-arm for selected tracks.
I found the Action and it works as a toggle, but when I load a new empty project and create a new track, it reverts back to Automatic rec-arm?!
~Also tried to find it in the Scripts folder, with no success.
~Also I toggled it and saved it as a template project Empty, no success.

2. Who to change the Hotkeys or better to overwrite it with an "original" Reaper defaults and continue from there?

3. When I detach my Master Bus track in separate window it reverts it back when I open a new session. Is this related to default Screensets? In "untouched" Reaper such changes would be preserved for a new session, if I am not mistaken!?

That's it. At least for now...

I understand this ReWorked project is a massive customisation to Reaper and I like it a lot. We (at least I) need major instructions.

Last edited by Pashkuli; 12-22-2019 at 04:09 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:20 AM   #111
mschnell

Quote:

I understand this ReWorked project is a massive customisation to Reaper and I like it a lot. We (at least I) need major instructions.

see -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=225041#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
And supposedly a non free product that features ongoing support by the provider is exactly what a bunch of DAW users need.
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 07:12 AM   #112
Breeder

Quote:

1. How to switch/toggle the Toggle: Automatic rec-arm for selected tracks.
I found the Action and it works as a toggle, but when I load a new empty project and create a new track, it reverts back to Automatic rec-arm?!
~Also tried to find it in the Scripts folder, with no success.
~Also I toggled it and saved it as a template project Empty, no success.

2. Who to change the Hotkeys or better to overwrite it with an "original" Reaper defaults and continue from there?

3. When I detach my Master Bus track in separate window it reverts it back when I open a new session. Is this related to default Screensets? In "untouched" Reaper such changes would be preserved for a new session, if I am not mistaken!?

That's it. At least for now...

1. When loading track via menu/shortcuts, track template is used from which the new track is inserted. This is explained in the user guide that comes with REAPER ReWorked under the section 'How do I change the default track?'

2. You can only reset keyboard default modifiers all at once (from the action list) but I wouldn't recommend that as many things in the menus are using custom scripts so in certain cases you wouldn't be able to find the shortcut in the menus. You can try though...If you don't like certain shortcuts, you can also change them one by one - I feel this is much more elegant solution as you use REAPER and find out what you like.

3. This is part of the screenset. Project template reloads default screenset on every REAPER program start (you can change which one under view->screenset. You can resave screensets anyway you like of course).

[*] If enough people would support the project and get me a decent monthly wage to write the manual, I would probably decide to do it. But I have a day job and I got my own music I'm working on so I can't provide any substantial support except fixing the troublesome stuff in the product and replying on the forum. Or maybe someone wants to help with the manual regardeless of the money involved and if the project makes money, I will gladly pay that person - if there's such induvidual around, feel free to contact me.
Quote:
So you wanna be REAPER ReWorked sales representative?

Last edited by Breeder; 12-22-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:19 AM   #113
mschnell

Quote:
So you wanna be REAPER ReWorked sales representative?
Certainly not (I am just a techie, after all),
But I do suppose that it would be a great basis for a "product", in case it comes with a decent documentation and a carefully designed permanent service plan.
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 07:25 AM   #114
Breeder

Quote:
Certainly not (I am just a techie, after all),
But I do suppose that it would be a great basis for a "product", in case it comes with a decent documentation and a carefully designed permanent service plan.
-Michael
Hell if I know the future. I'm just hopping this gathers some momentum first and then I'll see. For me, this is labor of love, this is the instrument I've created primarily for myself and decided to share because I believe the more tools we have as a community, the more music we can make.

Decent documentation and service plan would require me to have this copy-protected and use trials and serials and what not. I'm not sure I would like that to be honest. But you can always contact me privately if you need something built according to your custom specification.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:53 AM   #115
Pashkuli
Banned

Thanks, Breeder!
Makes sense now. Ok, so track templates, screensets and custom hotkeys.
I thought it could be like that, but I had to ask, because I am not a script-coder guy at all.

Now we have that ReaPack repositories from where we can download some custom plugins, fx, scripts... my head is going to blow up!

Sai'ke has made some nice JSFX plugins.

Reaper is so customisable to the point of completely losing track of what has changed and what is new anymore.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:55 AM   #116
Breeder

Quote:
Now we have that ReaPack repositories from where we can download some custom plugins, fx, scripts... my head is going to blow up!

Sai'ke has made some nice JSFX plugins.

Reaper is so customisable to the point of completely losing track of what has changed and what is new anymore.
It's freaking awesome how many stuff there is! It's work sometimes, but if you really feel the pull to go through all the hoops, it's really worth it.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:19 AM   #117
KuulArt

Default Importing toolbars - icons are missing

Hi,

I have been trying to import just the specifics of this configuration like the toolbars. I have put the toolbar_icons in the Data folder and then imported the reapermenuset and I am seeing only the text icons. There is no toolbar icons for any of the newly imported toolbars.

Any ideas why this is happening? Do I need to import anything else from the config for them to show up?
KuulArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:41 AM   #118
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuulArt View Post
Hi,

I have been trying to import just the specifics of this configuration like the toolbars. I have put the toolbar_icons in the Data folder and then imported the reapermenuset and I am seeing only the text icons. There is no toolbar icons for any of the newly imported toolbars.

Any ideas why this is happening? Do I need to import anything else from the config for them to show up?
While it is not enough to import menus (you also need to copy Scripts folder and import KeyMaps cause there's where custom actions and paths to scripts are located...a lot of toolbar and menu entries use custom scripts and macros, that's why you need them - they also use SWS cycle actions so it would be smart to copy S&M_Cyclactions.ini file too), you should see icons if you've copied them to the correct path.

All REAPER ReWorked toolbar icons should be located in: Data\toolbar_icons\REAPER ReWorked. It you're using OSX and you have your toolbar icons there, then I think I might know what's going on. So please let me know which OS are you running
Old 12-27-2019, 08:50 AM   #119
KuulArt

Quote:
While it is not enough to import menus (you also need to copy Scripts folder and import KeyMaps cause there's where custom actions and paths to scripts are located...a lot of toolbar and menu entries use custom scripts and macros, that's why you need them - they also use SWS cycle actions so it would be smart to copy S&M_Cyclactions.ini file too), you should see icons if you've copied them to the correct path.

All REAPER ReWorked toolbar icons should be located in: Data\toolbar_icons\REAPER ReWorked. It you're using OSX and you have your toolbar icons there, then I think I might know what's going on. So please let me know which OS are you running
Yes, I am on MacOS 10.14.5. I have them in Data/toolbar_icons/REAPER ReWorked.

I have copied scripts folder, but not yet imported keymaps. Thanks for the explanations!
KuulArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:12 AM   #120
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuulArt View Post
Yes, I am on MacOS 10.14.5. I have them in Data/toolbar_icons/REAPER ReWorked.

I have copied scripts folder, but not yet imported keymaps. Thanks for the explanations!
OK, OSX is not supported and completely untested so you will have to DIY on this one. Try opening REAPER ReWorked menuset - it's backed up in MenuSets, and replace all REAPER ReWorked\\ strings into REAPER ReWorked// (notice the different delimiter) and then try importing that). This is just a wild guess cause I don't have OSX so I can't really test, but this is the only thing that came to mind that could somehow influence this. Sorry for the "not-sure-if-it-works-or-not" answer but I simply don't use OSX and have no means to test this in that environment.