Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
No, it doesn't say that.

4.2 Jog Wheel
The Jog Wheel’s behaviour can be modifier with the MODIFIER buttons:
• SHIFT: move Time Region start
• OPTION: move Time Region end
• CONTROL: move Loop start
• ALT: move Loop end
The movement depends on the Zoom level and the status of the SCRUB button. If SCRUB is
off, the position will move one bar or beat, if SCRUB is on, the position will be moved by the time
that is equivalent to two pixel in the REAPER GUI.

This behaviour refers to the Jogwheel + modifiers, which control the Region and Loop starts and ends.

ns
You're right. So... without using the CSI code/project stuff.... can I jog by measure, instead of every 3 measures? I stand corrected but I really need to know how and if this possible. Thanks!
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:36 PM   #122
IggyLites
Human being with feelings

Am I completely missing something here, or is this whole thing only available for Windows?
IggyLites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:11 AM   #123
themixtape

Behringer X-Touch Compact....

With virtual MIDI ports created and routed (via LoopMIDI and Midi-Ox)...

I get an endless feedback loop of CC74, when Klinke's extension is enabled and I have my X-Touch's virtual midi ports on the input and output.

When I use the standard Mackie Control protocol, I get an OCCASIONAL blast of CC73 coming from the input.

Everything's fine if I don't have the virtual MIDI ports enabled... but the reason I do is because I'm trying to use the Compact with two layers: A & B, and with all the Mackie-specific messages (literally mostly MIDI notes on channel 1, like, literally)... on a Layer, but not "powered up in Mackie Control Mode".

People have gotten this to work... and it's great because Layer A... you have 40 buttons to assign as synth plugin things, and 16 encoders, plus 9 motorized faders. So, the best of both worlds is being in "Mackie" mode... (with one Layer), and switching to the other layer for general MIDI control.

What I can't figure out is why the feedback loop...

AND....

Why can't I midi-learn anything from the one layer? I have MIDI Device enabled for control messages, and the virtual midi ports enabled in Control Surfaces, so I get all the fader feedback.

I'm pulling my hair out. Barely slept for like 4 days.

Please, someone help. Someone provide a step-by-step method of getting this to work. Please.

Thank you!
Old 09-29-2019, 05:15 AM   #124
mschnell

AFAIU, Klinke is meant for easily using standard MCU protocol devices in a standard workflow with Reaper. Using the XTouch Compact in some creative way is far beyond this purpose. That is why I never intended to use Klinke with my XTouch Compact, which I very happily use in my Reaper based Live setup -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=213568#5 .

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:40 PM   #125
themixtape

Hi Michael, thanks again for replying. Your live set looks awesome and impressive, however your comment isn't helpful to my purpose.

If some people have gotten things to work with their X-Touch Compact and MCU, I know it's possible. I just don't know how to route things properly with Midi-OX and all that... it's so massively confusing at times.

Thanks again!
Old 09-29-2019, 11:15 PM   #126
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
your comment isn't helpful to my purpose.
Obviously But I do hope my answers in the other threads in the other subforums are ...
If you want an easy to use external utility to preprocess Midi messages you might want to try the Bome Translator Pro. But as there are ways showing up to use dedicated free Reaper-internal tools for that purpose, I would not recommend this.
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:04 AM   #127
themixtape

Thanks... I know you know a LOT about this stuff... I'm still trying to wrap my head around like, Level 2 of this Level 10 knowledge.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:27 AM   #128
studer58

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyLites View Post
....... or is this whole thing only available for Windows?
Correct.
studer58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:52 PM   #129
Anarchron

Default Problems

Hi
I bought a second hand BCF2000, installed the USB driver and the firmware (1-10) from Behringer website, and Klinke's latest Mackie Control.
I've added Mackie Control (Klinke v0.8.3.4)(dev 17,18) to the Control/OSC/web control settings in Reaper.
In the control surface settings I have BCF2000 port 1 as Midi input and output, and I've ticked the last three radio buttons.

The problem is this:

Nothing happens. I start the BCF first in MC C emulation mode (the behringer screen says NC C). As soon as I start Reaper, the Store button lights up and the edit button starts to blink. Nothing happens if I push anything on the Behringer.

If I add "BCF2000 port 1" as a Midi Device, the motorised faders start to move and follow every change I make in Reaper with my mouse on my computerscreen. But if I manipulate a fader (or any other button) on the Behringer, nothing changes in reaper, and the fader on the BCF will even go back to it's oroginal position a second after I let go.

So the BCF2000 listens to Reaper, but Reaper doesn't listen to the BCF2000.

Please, can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Many thanks for any reaction!
Anarchron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 02:51 PM   #130
LugNut

https://mountainutilities.eu/miditools

Hi,
I believe you've got the midi routing messed up. This is all explained in the reaper user guide under control surfaces.
In short, do not enable the bcf in midi devices ....go further down in the preferences to control surfaces.
Highlight klinke MCU and put the bcf in/out there. It should work.

the bcf faders should now move when moving faders in reaper.

Also, since there is no display on the bcf...that I'm aware of...you need a virtual display to see what would normally come up on an MCU. There are several options on klinkes that you can't see w/o a display.

I use the MCU display emulator in the above link. Thank you Mountain Utilities for midi Tools..
You will have to route klinke out to MCU display in, then display out to bcf.
It sounds harder than it is. You can leave the display out of the test st first, just so you make sure that you have initial routing correct.
Then insert the mcu display emulator making the output routing in midi tools.
Hit me up if you cant get it to work.

GL and stay safe.

Guido
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:09 PM   #131
edding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
I have just updated the Mackie Control extension and suggest all users to update to this version. It does not contain new features (beside a more official support of the 2nd controller hack), but different improvements and bug fixes, an improved manual and a lot of new FX maps.
You can find the update in the download section of the bitbucket repository:
https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker..._mcu/downloads

And I want to use the opportunity to announce that I do not plan to invest a lot of time into the extension in the future. Currently I'm involved in a live playing/improvisation oriented project and therefore I'm using Usine in combination with an own Looper-Software, which I'm currently developing. So the development of the MCU extension is cut down to only important issues (like this update ;-)).
Thank you very much for your effort. I've found this solution the best for now.
I have tried 3:
-MCU default by reaper
-CSI
-Klinke

The MCU Editor (Alt+PAN/SURROUND) just worth it to use this solution for now.

The only feature i miss is the ability to select a track in reaper with the mouse and becouse of this the surface can automatically scroll to show any change. If the surface is in a diffent channel bank you cannot see any feedback meanwhile you are manipulating tracks on reaper with the mouse.

MCU reaper default and CSI looks able to do it.

There is any way to address this using Klinke?
edding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #132
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by edding View Post
There is any way to address this using Klinke?
You need to enable the "Follow Reaper" option.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....14#post1976114
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:59 AM   #133
edding

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
You need to enable the "Follow Reaper" option.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....14#post1976114
EDIT: I saw it doesnt work when is selected other folder mode different than flat...
But anyway i can live with this..

Thank you very much!. It works

Last edited by edding; 04-25-2020 at 10:58 AM.
edding is offline   Reply With Quote