Old 11-04-2018, 06:46 PM   #1
sjs94704
Human being with feelings

Default Sound, Sound OMG! It's the Sound Again!

OK, this is so frustrating. If it is not one issue it is another. Round and Round in circles we go .......

I got my MIC interface working! Yepie!

But, now I get NO sound at all for anything else! Arrg!
I think there is a check box somewhere about releasing the sound card after exiting, isn't there? If so, where is it?

This is getting so ridiculous that I just want to toss my PC off as cliff! I have tried everything everyone has suggested up til now only to be confronted with yet some other issue!

There has got to be an end to this somewhere!
Old 11-04-2018, 11:15 PM   #2
mschnell

Is your Mic an USB Mic ?

This is generally a rather bad idea asking for problems, especially in a PC environment (seemingly Mac does support such more easily).

In fact with PCs, "decent" Audio is handled via ASIO (at the moment, WASAPI seems to be the upcoming replacement). And ASIO only provides support for a single sound interface to be active at the same time.

-Michael.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #3
sjs94704

Hey, ALL:

After a lot of work it was determined that it was my PreSonus MIC interface that was bad, so, I took it back to the local music store where I got it and got a refund.

I have an account at Sweetwater.com that has fantastic tech support. So, I like the PreSonus and got another one, but, this time by getting it from Sweetwater they will help me make sure that at least on the Windows 10 side of things that it is configured to work. They don't really support individual DAW software which is understandable.

So, I wanted to know what settings I need to be sure and look at to make sure that the unit I am getting is properly configured in Reaper?

The really BIG issue is:

Opening Reaper and using it with sound is fine, but, when I closed it and tried to go online to play a video or play music from a music service it just would not do it! So, I hired a technician to come and check things out and he said my PreSonus MIC interface was bad, so I got a new one.

I am going to call Sweetwater.com tech support who is able to help with the Windows 10 side of things to be sure that the MIC interface is configured properly in Windows, BUT, what I am asking all of you is to confirm what are all of the settings INSIDE REAPER that need to get set to make it work properly?

I would appreciate any information you can offer...

I am going to provide whatever information you give me to whomever I speak with at Sweetwater so I can get my PreSonus unit working as intended.

Thanks in advance for your input .......
Old 11-17-2018, 11:03 PM   #4
EManBass

I'm sorry to ask, but have you checked your Windows audio preferences? On the bottom right of the taskbar (assuming you have it placed at the bottom of the screen), you have the speaker icon. Right click on Sounds, and go to the Playback tab. Select your PreSonus output 1/2 (if there are any more) by clicking on it and then click on the Set Default button above the OK, Cancel, and Apply commands. Reaper seems to have already selected the device as your output, but Windows has to do so, too. Otherwise, it might be trying to playback from elsewhere, or maybe there's nothing else selected.

Regarding the Reaper options you mention: it's in the Preferences>Audio. I have had troubles with those 3 top boxes, some times I spend months with one checked and all works fine... Then I have problems all of a sudden and switch to nothing checked (like I do now). But those options are only for when you are running other applications that use your audio device at the same time Reaper does. So, if you exited Reaper and still have no sound on YouTube or whatever, then it's most likely what I said above.
EManBass is offline   Reply With Quote