Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 10-14-2021, 03:06 PM   #1
worldwideweary
Human being with feelings

Default Setting a particular time portion to become a project's "beat" or "measure"

I'd like to be able to select a portion of the timeline, or even just a media/midi item, and make that portion of time become equivalent to a project's "beat" length and subsequently for the rest of the project so that, for instance, if I began at the beginning of a project (1.1.00), and I selected to some certain point based on midi data location or what have you, performed some function, and bam the end portion of selection would be the exact marker of (1.2.00), or/and alternatively a whole measure.

Is this possible in an action such as described? So far I've only been able to figure out how to drag a midi item with ALT and try to bind it to the timeline while eyeballing during drag with the mouse to achieve what was described, or change the tempo while watching closely with a tempo track after "ignoring tempo project" information.

If it isn't, I suggest some sort of feature, of course...
worldwideweary is offline   Reply With Quote