Old 12-26-2018, 08:38 AM   #1
Winfield
Human being with feelings
 
Winfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Underground Bunker
Posts: 638
Default Reverse video - possible?

Hi, is it possible to reverse video in Reaper (and if so how)?

Thank you
W
__________________
"if DAWs are religions, REAPER is atheism" - The big J
__________________
Windows 10x64 | Asus Z170-a i7, 32GB ram | RME-Digiface USB
Winfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:01 AM   #2
vitalker
Human being with feelings
 
vitalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,830
Default

Item properties -> Reverse item.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:17 AM   #3
Winfield
Human being with feelings
 
Winfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Underground Bunker
Posts: 638
Default

Thanks for the suggestion, but here that don't work.
Here 'reverse as new item' only reverses the audio - and gives a black screen on the video.
Does it work for you?

-W
__________________
"if DAWs are religions, REAPER is atheism" - The big J
__________________
Windows 10x64 | Asus Z170-a i7, 32GB ram | RME-Digiface USB
Winfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:41 AM   #4
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 28,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winfield View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but here that don't work.
Here 'reverse as new item' only reverses the audio - and gives a black screen on the video.
Does it work for you?

-W
It's item properties, select the item > F2 > Reverse Item checkbox (bottom-left, just above "Nudge/Set"). This reverses it, it doesn't render a new item.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
Winfield
Human being with feelings
 
Winfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Underground Bunker
Posts: 638
Default

Great - thanks!

-W
__________________
"if DAWs are religions, REAPER is atheism" - The big J
__________________
Windows 10x64 | Asus Z170-a i7, 32GB ram | RME-Digiface USB
Winfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:49 AM   #6
vitalker
Human being with feelings
 
vitalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winfield View Post
Great - thanks!

-W
I wrote the same.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:39 AM   #7
Winfield
Human being with feelings
 
Winfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Underground Bunker
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
I wrote the same.
Only I was too daft to get it right Thanks.

-W
__________________
"if DAWs are religions, REAPER is atheism" - The big J
__________________
Windows 10x64 | Asus Z170-a i7, 32GB ram | RME-Digiface USB
Winfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:38 AM   #8
Winfield
Human being with feelings
 
Winfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Underground Bunker
Posts: 638
Default Bug?

So I've been trying this out and it don't seem to work as expected and/or there's a bug;

When cutting/copying items from a larger item, the smaller item don't reverse as expected (just that item), the reversed item is a reverse of the original item/source file.

-W
__________________
"if DAWs are religions, REAPER is atheism" - The big J
__________________
Windows 10x64 | Asus Z170-a i7, 32GB ram | RME-Digiface USB
Winfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:42 AM   #9
vitalker
Human being with feelings
 
vitalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winfield View Post
When cutting/copying items from a larger item, the smaller item don't reverse as expected (just that item), the reversed item is a reverse of the original item/source file.

-W
What is the contradiction here?
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:01 AM   #10
Winfield
Human being with feelings
 
Winfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Underground Bunker
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
What is the contradiction here?
Expected behavior would be that only the media in the selected (portion of a larger item) item would be reversed - not the whole mediafile of the item.

to replicate; cut a item of a larger video-item and reverse the cut-out - the cut out will no longer contain the expected video.


(I'm on v5.965+dev1121/x64 and W10)
__________________
"if DAWs are religions, REAPER is atheism" - The big J
__________________
Windows 10x64 | Asus Z170-a i7, 32GB ram | RME-Digiface USB
Winfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:34 AM   #11
Eliseat
Human being with feelings
 
Eliseat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Cologne
Posts: 1,362
Default

Winfield, if I cut out a part of a longer video, go to item settings and choose Reverse active take, it works perfectly. Only the cut part gets reversed while the rest of the video stays the same. So there must something wrong in your case.

Did you reload the source accidentally?
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 06:17 AM   #12
Winfield
Human being with feelings
 
Winfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Underground Bunker
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Winfield, if I cut out a part of a longer video, go to item settings and choose Reverse active take, it works perfectly. Only the cut part gets reversed while the rest of the video stays the same. So there must something wrong in your case.
Thanks for the suggestion!

So testing this I've found that the above method (using item settings)do work as expected.

It don't work the same (or as I expected) when using the reverse option in the item setting (F2-menu 'media item properties') - the whole media item is reversed in the 'smaller item'. I suggest they work the same.

-W
__________________
"if DAWs are religions, REAPER is atheism" - The big J
__________________
Windows 10x64 | Asus Z170-a i7, 32GB ram | RME-Digiface USB
Winfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:11 AM   #13
vitalker
Human being with feelings
 
vitalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winfield View Post
Thanks for the suggestion!

So testing this I've found that the above method (using item settings)do work as expected.

It don't work the same (or as I expected) when using the reverse option in the item setting (F2-menu 'media item properties') - the whole media item is reversed in the 'smaller item'. I suggest they work the same.

-W
Yeah, the first one option reverses the whole source.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:33 AM   #14
Eliseat
Human being with feelings
 
Eliseat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Cologne
Posts: 1,362
Default

Good to know.
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:28 AM   #15
Bobby Shilling
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
It's item properties, select the item > F2 > Reverse Item checkbox (bottom-left, just above "Nudge/Set"). This reverses it, it doesn't render a new item.
Brilliant! Just what I needed. Thanks
Bobby Shilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.