Old 01-22-2019, 08:10 AM   #1
Lophophora
Human being with feelings

Default Workflow question (editing)

Still figuring out how to speed up my workflow when editing drums.

Once I have exploded all my takes to new tracks, I am grouping each individual mic track for each take. Is there a way I can quickly solo all the tracks of the same take without having to select them all?
Lophophora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:12 PM   #2
foxAsteria

Idk why you explode them; I think that makes it more complicated. Here's my workflow:

After I have recorded all my takes, using the preference to color each take pass (prefs/peaks), I use the script "Group selected items according to their order in selection per track" to make sure all the items are grouped, respective of any splits that may exist (normal grouping groups across splits for a single horizontal and vertical group instead of multiple vertical groups).

If I right click the group button on the main toolbar, I have an option to select all grouped items when clicking one. I can now edit the multitracked drums all at once and each take is a different color. I recommend not using take lanes for this. Just split where you want to change takes and cycle through them.

You can also solo-group the tracks if you want to solo a group of them. Use the grouping matrix for this.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:54 PM   #3
Lophophora

Thanks, I do like this because it allows zooming in more closely when you have to do fine cuts and edits, but that's probably a lot of hassle indeed. I'll try without exploding the takes next time.
Lophophora is offline   Reply With Quote