Old 07-07-2020, 09:34 PM   #1
JSKALON
Human being with feelings

Default Headphone Mixes

HI Guys,
I am running reaper, DIGI 001, Behringer ADA8200 on Win XP. the ADA8200 is the Master clock. I am able to set up head phone mixes to a headphone amp using outputs via the DIGI 001 without a hitch. No luck with the rear xlr outputs on the ADA8200.
I insert a new track, add new HW device, uncheck Master Send, add all my new receives,
plug in my y cable (2 xlr to stereo 1/4" between ADA8200 outputs and the stereo input on my headphone amp. NO sound, nothing. When I use the same set just coming out of the DIGI 001, no problem.. Any ideas?
Thanks for the help.
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
JSKALON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:04 PM   #2
numberthirty

In this video at about 19:20 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeBru8gekk

- It seems like this fellow had to pretty specifically opt for "ADAT X" to REAinsert for his output to the compressor and input back into Reaper.

Without seeing exactly how you set the headphone mixes up, could something like that be your issue?
numberthirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:23 PM   #3
JSKALON

Default thanks

Thanks
I will try it out tomorrow. It is pretty cut and dry just using the DIGI 001. First timing going thru the ADA82000. I have been pulling my hair out.
Thanks
Jack

Old 07-07-2020, 11:29 PM   #4
numberthirty

Always glad to try to help out.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:46 PM   #5
JSKALON

Default Answer to my headphone mix dilema

Thank you all for your help guys. Hope this helps someone down the line. Drop me a line if you have questions about the setup I use and the issue and solution. I got the answer from a gentle,am on the Sound on Sound Board. I am a PT convert and absolutely love REAPER! Worth every cent and MORE!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hugh Robjohns » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:25 am

if you're expecting to get outputs from the ADA8200, you'll need a second lightpipe from the Digi001 ADAT outputs to the ADA8200 ADAT inputs.

The ADAT light-pipe carries eight audio channels in a single direction.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That did it Hugh. Thank you and everyone that chimed in,. I just hope I can be of help to someone down the road. Up to this point I mainly track drums for people. This COVID situation prompted me to spend the time to expand my horizons and learn more of the recording process. Thanks again. you guys are awesome!
Please Stay safe and healthy!
Jack Skalon

Old 07-09-2020, 06:44 PM   #6
numberthirty

Oh, man.

Since you were using the Behringer, I had just assumed that you had the "You'll Need 'Input...' as well as 'Output...' Cabling..." factored in and covered.

Which was a bonehead move. That's not exactly the most obvious thing about Lightpipe.

All that said, it's good to hear that someone helped you out with a fix and you are up and running.