Old 02-08-2018, 03:01 PM   #121
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Edit: oops, forgot the link

https://www.gigperformer.com/downloads.html

I'm giving this a try to see if it can handle the switching of presets without dropouts, and then I can use SWS Live Configs to switch actions...I'm looking to see if there are existing ways to do the PC to CC to individual values of the same CC # so you don't have to spend your time on such utilitarian stuff.

In order to use this same pedalboard to control my other gear, I'd love to leave it set up like this:

Switches 1-5 and switch 10 send CC's (I could use some means (JSFX, actions, some of piz's VST's whatever) to change these to PC messages if need be)

Switches 6-9 send PC's

Two expression pedals are sending CC's

Switches 1-4 and switches 6-9 call up patches, presets, whatever you want to call them
Switch 5 is tap tempo
Switch 10 pops a tuner up on the screen and mutes the output.

Last edited by pipelineaudio; 02-08-2018 at 03:35 PM.
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:11 PM   #122
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I am such a dumbass...

I can just program another bank on my pedalboard to control the other gear...forget all that noise, I can set a bank just perfect for how live configs wants
Old 02-08-2018, 06:20 PM   #123
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Ok, this is working pretty damn good like this! Wah's working right, switching time is instant...only minor quibble is the clack from muting/unmuting stuff, really would be better to have some crossfading, but whatever.

I'm doing 8 full tracks of FX, and the CPU isnt too bad, but if theyre all unmuted at once and muting receives instead, one of my plugins makes audio glitches over time.

With receives being what gets muted, you get a cool spillover, but that's ok

To save resources, I figured I'd really just have three basic soiunds and then switch fx in and out, but so far so good this way (and its MUCH less confusing!)

So I dont have any tracks in Live Configs, but I'm using it as a MIDI controllable spreadsheet to launch actions, which works great.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:25 PM   #124
pipelineaudio
Mortal

So here's tonestack's midi window which has some handy range limiting stuff. This is possible in an existing JSFX right?

Old 02-09-2018, 12:44 AM   #125
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Man I keep going up and down with this. I can do a version where it just uses actions, and doesnt use Live Configs for the routing, just for loading actions, and switching is instant.

But its a massive pain in the ass to change things

I want to switch loops in and out to save resources, as it is starting to click and pop now at under 5% cpu

If only i could get rid of the switching time of the SWS Live Configs.

I'm betting theres some way around it, I just cant think of what it is
Old 02-09-2018, 02:04 AM   #126
pipelineaudio
Mortal

ugh, I had a crash....confidence is flagging

Pretty sure its my harmonizer plugin, Pitchproof, but maybe not. Is there another free 64 bit harmonizer out there?
Old 02-09-2018, 04:47 AM   #127
pipelineaudio
Mortal

https://www.gigperformer.com/support.html

This thing does beautiful crossfades between patches, no dropouts at all

And switches loops in and out!

Lots of stuff I dont like but damn

Last edited by pipelineaudio; 02-09-2018 at 05:31 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:59 AM   #128
mschnell
Human being with feelings

Reaper should be able to do the task and certainly is a lot more versatile, due to the ability to have complex script be used.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #129
dhjdhj

I'm one of the developers of Gig Performer. Would love to know what are the things you don't like about it.

Gig Performer 2 also has a scripting language built-in. It's proprietary and functionality is growing rapidly as users begin to experiment with it.

Take care.
dhjdhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #130
mschnell

I did not say I don't like it. I did search for such kind of software some years ago, and if I would have found it I would have tried it (as I did with Forte, Bidule, Rack Performer, ..., which I did not like because of lack of versatility).

But as I am very happy with Reaper and rather fluent with it's scripting, routing, etc features, I just am positive that Reaper is very hard to beat regarding versatility. And I (seemingly successfully) tried to help Pipe to get up to speed with this.

OTOH, regarding ease of configuration, a dedicated software obviously might do a good job.

My argument is, that a musician who is inclined to do Live computer work "on stage", very likely also does recording, mixing, etc. Hence for multiple rather obvious reasons, it makes sense to use the same basic software for both tasks.

BTW.:
My Live setup (two master keyboards, a Breath controller, an XControl board with 9 Motor-faders and a lot of LED-equipped Rotaries and buttons, controlling a lot of VST(i) and an OSC based Rack Mixer) uses 64 instances of a JSFX that stores some 20 parameters (CC values) with potential parameters for any Patch. These parameters are sent to the track that is unmuted by LiveConfigs. Once running, these patch parameters can be modified by the sliders and rotaries on the controller. Moreover the Breath controller, Volume pedals, ... send live CC messages to the tracks. The CCs in the track go either directly to plugins that can internally learn them or are associated to Parameter Modulation or to ReaControlMidi to do it's stuff.

Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 02-10-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:37 PM   #131
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I figured how to make a parallel send to make a spillover delay too...man this is AMAZING...if it'll run live I am super crazy happy...my band is coming voer tonight, I'll see if I can swap it in place of my ipad. Just gotta find a windows tablet
Old 02-09-2018, 05:38 PM   #132
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I'm thinking about gutting one of these as its wireless works amazingly well

http://www.korg.com/us/products/comp...ontrol_studio/

And its cheap!

Open it up, stick it inside the behringer pedalboard and go....but since we cant directly assign MIDI to the rows in SWS Live Configs, I might be stuck. Its got pre assigned CC's
Old 02-10-2018, 12:30 AM   #133
mschnell

Nice.

But for Stage usage, it seems rather fiddly.

OTOH when tweaking parameters of multiple patches that can be alternately selected, Motor Faders seem like the way to go. That is why I decided to use an XControl Compact. I can highly recommend same for use in a Reaper "life" setup.

-Michael
Old 02-10-2018, 04:24 AM   #134
pipelineaudio
Mortal

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfA35mJh...=pipelineaudio

Testing it out on a crappy craptop to see how far off the desktop's latency I'll have to go.

Could be the routing from the main audio input track, but for some reason I'm getting clicks and pops at much higher latencies thru the routing scheme I've got vs running the exact same chain on one track

I need to narrow that down somehow
Old 11-14-2022, 05:31 PM   #135
Dopameme

Sorry to revive an old thread, but did anyone figure out how to fix the lag/audio dropouts when switching patches with live configs?

I am having the same issue. Thinking off switching to custom actions, but definitely not as convenient.

Cheers,

Ryan
Dopameme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 01:43 PM   #136
mschnell

As LiveConfigs does switches and never activates multiple "patches" at the same time there will never be a "spill over", and this might be perceived as dropouts.

There is other tooling that allows for this (PipelineAudio and I worked on that many months ago: I created some JSFXes on his request). But setting up such a system is by far more complex that just using LiveConfigs.

Michael
Old 11-15-2022, 07:15 PM   #137
Dopameme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
As LiveConfigs does switches and never activates multiple "patches" at the same time there will never be a "spill over", and this might be perceived as dropouts.

There is other tooling that allows for this (PipelineAudio and I worked on that many months ago: I created some JSFXes on his request). But setting up such a system is by far more complex that just using LiveConfigs.

Michael
So after playing around a bit more, it seems that "Send all notes off when switching config" was the culprit. I'd love to try some other programs, however, being able to run Reaper as a portable program is a huge plus for me. I'd be interested to read more about Pipeline audio. What is its purpose and where can I learn more?
Dopameme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 06:19 AM   #138
mschnell

PipelineAudio is a forum member (you mmight want to search for his posts to find out more about his solution). He created a setup for his Guitar that can be controlled by a footswitch and switches effect chains. He did so using several JSFX plugins, I created. Most important ReaPack -> MidiFadeX.

Same is controlled by Midi CC messages and fades signals (i.e. tracks) in and out, and mutes tracks when gone silent.
Other components are ReaPack -> "Mute or unmute Track X" and ReaPack -> Midi CC Table.
BTW I don't believe that LiveConfigs sends any Midi at all.

-Michael
Old 11-22-2022, 12:47 AM   #139
ymaresz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I wrote one -> http://www.bschnell.de/LiveConfigs_1.pdf

You also might want to search the Forum for "LiveConfigs" to get a lot more information on that issue.

-Michael
Hello Michael
I can't download you pdf..
Do you still have it ?

Thanks
an
ymaresz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:19 AM   #140
mschnell

???
I see it when clicking on the link you quote.
-Michael
Old 11-23-2022, 01:56 AM   #141
ymaresz

oh yes indeed, it was a Brave browser issue.
All good

Thanks
Yan
Old 11-26-2022, 01:12 AM   #142
ymaresz

Hello

I'm trying to set up a Live Config to switch synth presets and I have a issue with the "SWS/S&M: Trigger next preset for FX 1 of selected tracks" action.

I see the row configs being activated by the cc fine but the action is not triggered.
Double clicking on the row does not work either
Any advice ?

Also, I would need to use a keyboard note (like midi 108) to trigger "SWS/S&M: Live Config #1 - Apply next config".
I read in Michael manual about the "only last stable midi message" and the alternative to use "two note-One Midi message" but I'm confused about how to achive this.

Thank you..

Yan

Last edited by ymaresz; 11-26-2022 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-29-2022, 05:39 PM   #143
bobday

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
There's a much longer delay when switching tracks thru live configs than when using sws mute group slots, not sure what I can do to fix this.
Try lowering the "Controller smoothing:" and/or "Tiny fade on config switch:" knobs at the top of the Live Configs window.

https://i.imgur.com/vRQjppw.png
bobday is offline   Reply With Quote