Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 01-25-2023, 09:06 AM   #1
Adn_71
Human being with feelings

Default reassign shortcuts to global

Recently i discovered that in order a key shortcut to work under any focus (for example you tweak a plugin and shortcuts to markers wont work properly unless you click again in the timeline because they are different scopes) they need to be assigned to "Global".

But the window to assign this i only find it when adding a shortcut for an action, meaning i have to reassign again the same key/combination for every action to be edited to global.

Perhaps i missing something, but i cant find a way to just edit directly the assignment window (preserving the key/combination assigned) and change it to "global". ¿Is there another place on the menus to access this or the only workaround at the moment is to reassign?.
Adn_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 09:16 AM   #2
solger

It's possible to edit existing shortcuts by doing a double-click on the shortcut entry in the 'Shortcuts for selected action' list at the bottom left of the Action List window.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:26 AM   #3
Adn_71

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
It's possible to edit existing shortcuts by doing a double-click on the shortcut entry in the 'Shortcuts for selected action' list at the bottom left of the Action List window.
That was it, i was so focused on buttons and righ click context menus, didnt think about double click because for some reason i thought the effect would be the same as "run" and dismissed. Thanks!.
Adn_71 is offline   Reply With Quote