Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 02-01-2018, 02:19 PM   #1
jimmoorby2012
Human being with feelings

Default Having issues with Digitech GSP1101 direct to reaper

Hello!

First of all i'm a self confessed ignoramus when it comes to recording/DAW.

I only just started to use garage band on my mac a couple of weeks ago but I found that easy to use. I figured i'd try and use reaper after hearing good things about it but i'm finding it impossible to even record a guitar track despite watching tutorials online.

I have set the GSP1101 as my main input in my preferences but when it comes to selecting a track and then selecting the input the GSP1101 is nowhere to be seen.

Can any one offer any advice on why this might be?

I'd be very grateful for any help.

I am actually looking invest in other software and gear but obviously don't want to until I can get baics like this down....that being said maybe it's not my fault and the GSP1101 just doesn't want to play with Reaper for whatever reason....

Last edited by jimmoorby2012; 02-01-2018 at 02:27 PM. Reason: header error
jimmoorby2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
Tinus

If I'm correct you just need to select: Input mono-> Input 1. Or when stereo you select Input 1 and 2. Then arm the Record button and activate Record Monitoring on your track. There are some great video tutorials (https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php) on setting things up. Also make sure you've got the latest drivers for the GSP1101 from the Digitech website.
I hope this helps

Last edited by Tinus; 02-12-2018 at 09:27 AM.
Tinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:56 AM   #3
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmoorby2012 View Post
I have set the GSP1101 as my main input in my preferences but when it comes to selecting a track and then selecting the input the GSP1101 is nowhere to be seen.

Can any one offer any advice on why this might be?
Keep in mind that the Track Panel has two different input boxes, so make sure you are using the correct one

If necessary, drag the Track Panel bigger to make sure that all buttons, input boxes, etc. are visible.

Or you can also access the Input Options via Right-Click on the Track Record Arm Button.

And welcome to the Reaper Forums!

In addition to the Videos Section which Tinus mentioned above, you can also find a bunch of info in the User Guide: (https://www.reaper.fm/userguide.php)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Track Input.jpg (14.4 KB, 11842 views)

Last edited by solger; 02-12-2018 at 10:08 AM. Reason: screenshot added
solger is offline   Reply With Quote