Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 01-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #121
shane
Human being with feelings

Ok, v83 should fix the render extension problems and is working well for me. I also implemented frog_jr's m3u playlist generation suggestion. Let me know if I missed anything...
Old 01-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #122
lawrs

Hi shane,

Previously I was using autorender69, it worked beautifully. However I'm now updated to reaper v3.16 and using autorender83, after the "render to file" window pops up, it just stops there and doesn't render the regions.

Note previously when using autorender69, I had the same problem until I unchecked "use reaper render queue" then it worked. Now even when I uncheck the box it doesn't work. I really hope the devs implement this feature into reaper and have full support for it. It really cool of you to share and constantly improve the script for every update. Thanks.
lawrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:29 AM   #123
lawrs

Nevermind, reverted back to autorender69. Anyway , when I reverted back to autorender69, it couldn't detect any regions and prompted to auto create regions from items. So I allowed auto create regions and after that it was working again. Strangeness. Maybe this might help if anyone else is facing this too. Cheers. Once again, thanks for this shane. Autorender is gold.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #124
Thor

Default not working here either.

Also can not get this to work with reaper 3.16. It starts creating a file Autorender_Fake_File.wav but not actually rendering any of the regions.

All the best
Thor
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #125
lawrs

Try using this version
http://autorender.googlecode.com/files/Autorender69.zip . It worked for me.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:55 AM   #126
shane

See if v94 works better. It also fixes a problem where media files were offline when using the render queue (due to relative media pathnames in the queue rpp files).
Old 01-13-2010, 09:11 AM   #127
lawrs

You are gold Shane. Thank you. Btw, just for your info, your script, along with Shan's "No Overlap" script, were the two reasons I complete ditched PT and Cubendo, (and Sonar, but that was never worth mentioning in the first place..) and switched to REAPER full time. Thank you. You should be hired by Cockos. Cheers mate. If you're in Singapore, I'll buy you a beer.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #128
Liquid Blasted

Hello,

thanx for this great tool Shane,
but autoregion feature don't work for me
- I have a project without regions, with a couple of media items on a track;
- select this track, start Autorender;
- it asks me to autocreate regions - OK;
- it asks me to make region names from filenames - OK;
- after that it creates region for the first item only and asks to save a project

So don't know why but it won't do regions for all items on a track, just for the first

(Reaper 3.35 / Win 7 x86)
Liquid Blasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #129
shane

Yup, you're right. The title of a Reaper window changed and confused Autorender. Try the new version, should be fixed.

Last edited by shane; 03-24-2010 at 01:20 AM.
shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #130
Liquid Blasted

Yes all is OK now, excellent!
A lot of massive thanxxx shane!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #131
lawrs

Shane, thanks for sharing with us this great program. Please let us know if you accept donations. I feel in debt to you for making my life easier.

There's a function that I believe would greatly increase the usability of your script. Would it be possible to add an option "start from region marker number _ _ " and "end on region marker number _ _ " ? e.g I have 1 - 30 Region markers, I only need 21-30. Currently I'd have to delete Region marker 1-20 , then run autorender, then after all is rendered, go back to my project and undo my region marker deleting. I'm sorry to be asking for more, but your utility has been one of the main reasons I love Reaper, hence I wouldn't mind to donate for your contribution! Thank you Shane!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #132
shane

Added optional start and end region numbers in the metadata GUI. Thanks but don't worry about donations. Free/open source has made my life better and it's nice to give a little something back.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:14 AM   #133
lawrs

You must have 12 finger to be that fast at programming.

Thank you Shane, I take my hat off to you for being a such gentleman of not accepting donation. I understand how you feel about giving something back. I too wish that I could help develop custom scripts to cater for the billions of awesome feature requests here. I'm taking Java lessons now, but sadly not very adept at it, and I don't think Reaper scripts can be done with Java anyway?

Aside from that, there's a really small issue with the latest autorender on win 7. Here's a screenshot of how it turns out.

Somehow the checkboxes are truncated in Win 7. Anyhooo, it's a small issue, just thought you would like to know.

Thanks Shane, good on ya mate.

Last edited by lawrs; 02-17-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #134
beingmf

is Reaper 3.4 a problem? All I get are snippets of around 400KB...
beingmf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #135
lawrs

Shane, would it be too much to ask for a "set to Render time selection" once all region markers have been rendered? Reason is because everytime after using autorender, I'd check through the output files, and correct 1 or 2 files manually. Then I'd always forget to set "Render time selection" as autorender leaves rendering option at "Render custom". Sorry if it's starting to be abit too much requesting... Thank you so much for this wonderful script.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #136
shane

Hmm, I seem to frequently miss the notifications on these bugs/requests. The issue tracker on AR's Google code page is pretty reliable, FWIW.

I'm not seeing any display problems in Win 7 or having any trouble rendering with versions > 3.4, so I'll assume that these problems no longer exist unless told otherwise.

I'll add some code to have AR remember and revert back to the last render time mode, be it entire project or time selection...
Old 06-23-2010, 01:18 AM   #137
jmccabe

To Lawrs,

What resolution have you got your display set on? I'm using Autorender on Win7 and haven't seen that issue.

To Shane,

Autorender103 changes to listbox looks good on my desktop, I'll try it on the laptop later. Thanks a lot for that.

John
jmccabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #138
Jae.Thomas

I am not totally sure how to get this working... does this work in the latest release? I have read the readme, ill go through this thread a bit.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #139
shane

Working on WinXP with Reaper v3.651 here. Are you having any specific problem?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #140
lawrs

Hi Shane,

I've posted an enhancement request "Export only regions with "xxxx" filename" on the google tracker page. Would love to hear from you if it's possible. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #141
lawrs

By the way, is it possible to have Autorender running in background? It seems impossible to do anything else with the computer when there's 1000+ files queued in Autorender.

A couple of times I tried to check my mail while running Autorender, using the mousescroll in internet explorer, I accidently changed my samplerate settings, which messed up all the exported files.. =.=,

Sorry if I sound too demanding.. these are my last two requests, really!

Thank you for this awesome script.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #142
shane

I replied to your request on the issue tracker.

As I recall Autorender used to be able to run completely in the background, but due to people having strange problems (probably related to slow computers) I had to change it to having a more brute force/manual approach. So, I'm afraid that it's best to use your laptop/netbook/mobile/etc for internet stuff while you're waiting...
Old 08-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #143
lawrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane View Post
I replied to your request on the issue tracker.

As I recall Autorender used to be able to run completely in the background, but due to people having strange problems (probably related to slow computers) I had to change it to having a more brute force/manual approach. So, I'm afraid that it's best to use your laptop/netbook/mobile/etc for internet stuff while you're waiting...
Thanks for explaining that. I understand there's always complications. Very well, it's not a big issue anyways! Look forward to the update with name filtering option! Psyched!
Old 08-22-2010, 03:09 AM   #144
lawrs

Thank you Shane. You're a saint.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:07 AM   #145
airon

Nuendo 5 introduced to a degree what you've done with the Autorender utlity, except they integrated it in to the render dialog (Export Audio Mixdown in Nuendo).

What about having a list of range markers show up in your program ? Then you could put checkboxes next to them, a filter box and a button for 'Select all'.

This whole functionality you wrote ought to be part of the render dialog, but while Cockos doesn't do that, what is the outlook on a Mac version ? Is such a thing even possible ?
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:11 AM   #146
airon

BUG REPORT of a kind.

Using v103 with Reaper 3.672. All fine except for the list window that pops up after Autorender first scans the active session. I'm producing 100-200 regions in a session(cutting up field recordings).

That window, which includes all the options and stuff, may actually extend right down to the edge of the desktop, and still only show half an "OK" button. When I try to resize the window, it is not the list area of the window that resizes and gets smaller, but the overall window only. That means that the buttons and options at the bottom are creamed and inaccessible.

I have the taskbar area on autohide, and need to click on a few programs on it to get it to hide in this case. It works but only just by a few pixels .

May be great to get the window resize fixed, so it leaves the options and buttons alone and resizes the list view of the regions along with its own window only.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:28 AM   #147
jmccabe

Airon,

I'm not sure how well Shane publicises this, but there is a bug reporting system available on the page where you can download Autorender; see http://code.google.com/p/autorender/issues/list.

I'm guessing nothing's been done in this area for v104, but may be worth a try anyway. Interestingly I had a similar problem on Win7 on my laptop recently which was fixed quickly.
jmccabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #148
Liquid Blasted

I posted this bug at autorender issue list, but also want to crosspost here - is somebody can reproduce it?

=======
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Create a project with a couple of regions
2. Render regions to files
3. Drop rendered files to another track and match them with original regions

What is the expected output?
- Length of each rendered file match to it's region in a project

What do you see instead?
- Some rendered files has smaller length than it's regions (every time it's randomly)

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
Reaper 3.68
Autorender v105
Windows 7 x32

See the video reproducing a bug below:
http://screencast.com/t/YTM2ZjYzY2Mt

UPD: Seems it's a Reaper's bug itself, because Autorender sends START/END region time correctly

Last edited by Liquid Blasted; 09-19-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:40 AM   #149
lawrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
BUG REPORT of a kind.

Using v103 with Reaper 3.672. All fine except for the list window that pops up after Autorender first scans the active session. I'm producing 100-200 regions in a session(cutting up field recordings).

That window, which includes all the options and stuff, may actually extend right down to the edge of the desktop, and still only show half an "OK" button. When I try to resize the window, it is not the list area of the window that resizes and gets smaller, but the overall window only. That means that the buttons and options at the bottom are creamed and inaccessible.

I have the taskbar area on autohide, and need to click on a few programs on it to get it to hide in this case. It works but only just by a few pixels .

May be great to get the window resize fixed, so it leaves the options and buttons alone and resizes the list view of the regions along with its own window only.
I'm having alot of problems with this... sometimes my project has lots of region markers.. and I can't see the "Use Reaper render queue" and "OK" button. Might be useful to add a set of scrollbars? Thanks for listening. You're a winner Shane.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:35 PM   #150
lawrs

New version up! v1.06 fixes the "OK" & "Cancel" button / window size problem! Schweeeet! Thank you darling Shane!

As Andy Samberg says in "Space Olympics" .. You're a Winner!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:23 AM   #151
willmorton

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #152
Audioglobe.com

Default OSX?

why no osx support? is there anything out there that can do this same thing for OSX? what about a separate utility even?

I record live sets and want to be able to batch export each file as a mp3 or wav with the metadata/track data attached. I'm doing 12-15 sets a weekend and going into Itunes is jsut no feasible....
Audioglobe.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #153
RAgamesound

Default Wow

Shane, this is an amazing tool for video game audio designers. I actually switched from Reaper on Mac to Reaper on Windows specifically to use this :-D. I have a big feature request, that would make it the ultima-awesome-cool-supertool for video game audio rendering.

Would it be possible to make AutoRender read flags *from the region name*? I'll often have, in a session, the need for multiple types of sound files. I may want some FX to render out mono, some stereo, some 48khz, some 22.050 khz, etc. What I'm doing right now is adding flags in, doing the renders separately, and then editing the file names. For example, a region called

Ambient_Bells #mono #48 would render a file called "Ambient_Bells" as mono 48k.

That. Would. Be. Even. Awesomer. :-D!

Thanks so much for this tool, it's a huggge time saver. And completely replaces the render queue, as far as I'm concerned :-)
RAgamesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #154
Joystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAgamesound View Post
Shane, this is an amazing tool for video game audio designers. I actually switched from Reaper on Mac to Reaper on Windows specifically to use this :-D. I have a big feature request, that would make it the ultima-awesome-cool-supertool for video game audio rendering.

Would it be possible to make AutoRender read flags *from the region name*? I'll often have, in a session, the need for multiple types of sound files. I may want some FX to render out mono, some stereo, some 48khz, some 22.050 khz, etc. What I'm doing right now is adding flags in, doing the renders separately, and then editing the file names. For example, a region called

Thanks so much for this tool, it's a huggge time saver. And completely replaces the render queue, as far as I'm concerned :-)
I could use your opinion in this thread:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...export+regions

Cheers!
Joystick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #155
Joystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Nuendo 5 introduced to a degree what you've done with the Autorender utlity, except they integrated it in to the render dialog (Export Audio Mixdown in Nuendo).

What about having a list of range markers show up in your program ? Then you could put checkboxes next to them, a filter box and a button for 'Select all'.

This whole functionality you wrote ought to be part of the render dialog, but while Cockos doesn't do that, what is the outlook on a Mac version ? Is such a thing even possible ?
I could use your opinion in this thread:

Cheers!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #156
Joystick

Shane, thank you for this great tool, I use it in day by day basis and I like very much that you support it through the issues that are rising each time.

It would be great to see similar functionality within Reaper, until then Autorender seems the only way to go if you are doing sound design or audio content providing.

I would like to hear your opinion on this thread I started regarding region exporting

Cheers!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #157
gsbe

I have been following the progress of Autorender for quite some time now. It sounds like it solves a lot of workflow issues for people - awesome!

Can you explain how it is written so I can determine if it is possible to port to OSX? I'd rather not buy a Windows machine or install another OS it on my Mac.

Secondly, would it be possible to add other ID3 fields like Comment, URL, Composer and Encoded by? I currently use an ID3 editor for OSX that has all these fields and some other unique features like field defaults and title generation from filename that I like. Default field values for Autorender would be great, too.

ID3 Editor for OSX: http://www.pa-software.com/product.php?prod=BC3B2E3A

Finally, I often try to fill spaces in the filename with underscores to make HTTP linking easier (no %20 in the filenames). Would it be possible to automatically fill spaces and odd characters (like brackets, apostrophes, commas, etc) with underscores in the filename from the meta title?

Thanks again for creating this.

Last edited by gsbe; 12-19-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: added link
gsbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:34 AM   #158
willmorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAgamesound View Post

Another Videogame Audio Designer here I agree, Autorender is ESSENTIAL for working with large quantities of files (I work with 30,000 to 100,000 audio files per project), infact I think the features of Autorender should be built in to Reaper as standard. Autorender has pretty much enabled me to remove Sound Forge from my workflow and work almost entirely within Reaper.

I also think being able to pass in render information via region names (as described above) would be a beneficial feature.

Thanks Shane!

Last edited by willmorton; 12-23-2010 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Adding more info
willmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #159
TonE

"Another Videogame Audio Designer here."

Can anybody explain shortly what is different when working as videogame audio designer? What would be a typical workflow, written step by step?
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #160
tweeksound

Default Audio for gaming

I've not done any audio for gaming but when I studied it in school it was BORING! Making the sounds can be fun and I have extensive experience in Foley. However, programing the sounds into the game with the types of software we used in school was much like web coding. This is a very simplified view and hopefully someone with real world experience will chime in.
tweeksound is offline   Reply With Quote