Old 05-11-2007, 10:55 AM   #41
jamester
Human being with feelings

The SonitusFX from Sonar 5 absolutely work in Reaper (as DX).

I had already purchased the VST versions a while back, which is cool because now I can use them in any host. Of course, there's a DX-hosting VST that allows this anyways for free, so I guess I played myself on that one.

Still, it's cool to have the Sonitus suite not married to Sonar. I'm not sure if you can install just the Sonitus plugs from the Sonar disc, without installing Sonar as well...never tried.
jamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #42
mr. moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamester View Post
I'm not sure if you can install just the Sonitus plugs from the Sonar disc, without installing Sonar as well...never tried.
Yes, rest assured, you can! I just did this on my new remote recording laptop; Sonitus plugs, but no S***R installed. You'll still have to use your reg/serial numbers, but you can choose to only install the effects that you'd like, and not the entire application.

-mr moon

www.soundclick.com/mrmoon
mr. moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:19 PM   #43
billybk1

I think the only SONAR related FX that you can't use in REAPER is the VC-64. I can even use my old FX3 (Soundstage) and the Timeworks DX plugins that came with my SONAR 2XL (CompressorX & EQ).

Cheers,

Billy Buck
billybk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #44
mbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuliK View Post
If you working with (and getting payed for it) with a band, I suppose you should go for the commercial license worth 200$...
IF ONLY, I were getting paid. I've never been paid for any audio work. I agreed to do this project (somehow turned into a complete album of material)for the learning experience (tracking live drums was the appeal), and because I know the guitar player. This is my first experience recording and mixing a band that's not composed pretty much entirely of me, or an internet collaborator or two. But BELIEVE when I say I've got enough money wrapped up in software for recording my own shit that another $200 would be like throwing a deck chair off the Titanic.
I'm just not a commercial user.
mbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #45
mbuster

On second thought, they DID give a free band Tshirt, does that count as being paid? I might even get a free copy of the CD when it's made, as well.............
mbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:07 PM   #46
out

Thanks for the replies re:fx
out is offline   Reply With Quote