Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 07-03-2017, 04:53 AM   #1
jimbobbley
Human being with feelings

Default VST 32bit effects bridge.. is there a way to tell which plugs?

Hi all

Running Reaper in 64 bit here with nearly entirely 64 bit plugs. However, I've got some legacy projects and despite disabling every effect in them and re-enabling them one by one to try and see which is running with the 32 bit i386 bridge, I can't identify which one is bridged to try to download a newer version or swap out for a different plug.

Does anyone know how to identify which plug-ins are running at 64-bit and which ones are being bridged?

Thanks!

John
jimbobbley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:10 AM   #2
uksnowy

I find that most if not all of my 32 bit plugins have (x86) in the name that shows in the plugin explorer.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:58 AM   #3
jimbobbley

Thanks, I went back and checked but I think I've found something a little more odd at play here...

I have a video file in the project without any audio (so it's just video, exported from Final Cut as just video). Reaper displays the 'i' and says it's resampled from 44.1kHz (even though there's no audio to resample), as the project is 48kHz.

Re-exporting the file from FCP with 'blank' audio at 48kHz removes the sample rate conversion and also the i386 process from the project. It seems very strange to me that sample rate conversion within a project would be operating at 32 bit rather than 64... anyone have any ideas?!

Very odd.
jimbobbley is offline   Reply With Quote