Old 09-12-2021, 09:42 AM   #201
Old School Audio Guy
Human being with feelings

Default new eucon project

HI Funkybot
I just got up out her in Arizona need a few more cups you know.
As soon as I'm awake I will go thru all that and see where it lands me
This is so much better of a solution for me I don't have to sell my Artist surfaces
Which was proving to be fruitless.
There were a few things in Studio One Pro V5 that would not would not let me setup tje system as I wanted to be. Tried Reaper again Seems like the Eucon bit is way further along that when I was here before so If I can get this to work!
I'm 5 miles ahead! Yeah!
Old School Audio Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 11:07 AM   #202
Old School Audio Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Perry...ok, there's a whole lot to unpack here. Let's try to sort this.

First, we're going to need to undo some stuff. It looks like you installed EuControl into Reaper\Eucon\ that's 100% definitely not where you should be putting that.

So first thing's first...

1. Go to Windows "Add or Remove Programs" and uninstall EuControl
2. Then restart your PC
3. Then reinstall the latest EuControl but let it go to the default folder AVID wants to install it to. Do not put EuControl anywhere near the Reaper path. EuControl is it's own thing outside of Reaper. Let it go where the installer wants to put it which should be in C:\Program Files somewhere. Example: mine is located in: C:\Program Files\Euphonix\EuCon\

...if EuControl wants to restart your PC, let it! Now, once EuControl is installed where it wants to be, we need to install Geoff's Eucon adapter. Based on your screen prints, I see that you've got CSI installed, not the Eucon adapter. They are two separate things.

So we need to fix that...

4. Go into your existing AppData\Roaming\Reaper\Eucon\ folder and delete any leftover files (if any) from the prior install

Now you're basically starting fresh.

5. Download Geoff's Eucon beta for Reaper from this link:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42522/EuCon%20Exp.zip

6. Open the zip file, take the file named reaper_csurf_eucon64.dll and copy that over to AppData\Roaming\Reaper\UserPlugins\

7. Go back to the zip file and copy the entire Eucon folder into the AppData\Roaming\Reaper folder. You should now see AppData\Roaming\Reaper\Eucon. In that folder, you should see a Eucon.ini file.

We're almost home! You can even turn on your surface now if not already on.

8. Open up Reaper
9. Go to Preferences->Control\OSC\Web
10. Click the "Add" button
11. Select "Eucon" from the dropdown
12. Click OK to save
13. Close Reaper's preferences

And you should be all set!

If EuControl doesn't immediately see the surface, right click the E icon on the Windows system tray and select "Restart All EUCON applications" and that should kick the surface back to life.

It sounds painful but this should be a one-time deal (except for the Restart all EUCON applications step, I have to do that pretty regularly).

I did all that still nothing faders all down all channels lock in on no transport
Hard boot coming up, base menus no softkeys
let me know what you want to do next
Old 09-12-2021, 11:22 AM   #203
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Audio Guy View Post
I did all that still nothing faders all down all channels lock in on no transport
Hard boot coming up, base menus no softkeys
let me know what you want to do next
Do the same thing you did last night and repost screenshots. Let us see what you see.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 11:26 AM   #204
Old School Audio Guy

Default Re: New Eucon projects

I also di a hard reboot still no change
That was on everything
reboot sequence
Artist controllers using shift to reset surface
once all booted up boot up workstation
once all done boot reaper
check AppData\owner\controller\OSC\Reaper
for anything that seemed out of ordef
Still lights on nobody home
Perry
Old 09-12-2021, 11:27 AM   #205
Old School Audio Guy

Quote:
Do the same thing you did last night and repost screenshots. Let us see what you see.
OK I will give me a few
PERRY
Old 09-12-2021, 11:36 AM   #206
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

EuCon Exp.zip

Preliminary cut at the new, easy to install, EuCon support

Make sure EuControl is installed and functioning with your surfaces.

Then, just put the appropriate dll/dylib in the Reaper resource path, UserPlugins folder.

The EuCon folder will be created the first time you choose to write FX params on FX insertion.

The EuCon.ini file is no longer needed.

Also preliminary support for dynamic Track count management.

Right now it just loads the EuCon surfaces with the project Track count.

Let's say you had a 20 track and a 30 track project.

If you load the 20 track project it takes a bit of time.

If you load the 30 track project, it also takes a bit of time, since it has to grow the Channel count.

If you now load the 20 track project it is faster, since it does no rebuild -- it just uses 20 of the 30 available Channels.

As of now, adding/deleting tracks isn't supported, just want to get a feel whether this works for everyone on both platforms before refining it further.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 11:54 AM   #207
Old School Audio Guy

Ok Here are the pics take you time
Ill go watch tv and drink coffee
No worries
Sorry for to attach pics Ill get right this time
Cheers
Perry

Last edited by Old School Audio Guy; 07-26-2022 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:53 PM   #208
Funkybot

We're a little closer. But still some problems. Pre-condition: please do not install the Eucon build Geoff just posted as that one sounds like it's extra experimental.

Let me know if you get errors anywhere along the way, what the error was, and at exactly which step the error occurred.

1. Your EuCon installation is still royally hosed. We can tell this because it can't find the software it needs to Restart EuCon applications as evidenced by your screen print. So uninstall EuControl from Windows "Add or Remove Programs." In that screen you're looking for "EUCON Workstation Unified" - click it - uninstall it.

2. Restart your whole PC (don't shut down - use the Windows option to Restart)

...you should now have no traces of EuControl anywhere on your PC. It should be completely uninstalled. If that looks right, then...

3. Open Windows Explorer and delete the entire AppData\Roaming\Reaper\Eucon subfolder (just the Eucon folder - leave everything else exactly as it was). I want to make sure there isn't a parallel install or anything happening there. There should never have been any EuCon application files in this folder - I'm not sure how they got there - but that's absolutely the wrong place for them.

4. Open the EuconExp.zip file you downloaded yesterday and extract the Eucon folder there into AppData\Roaming\Reaper\. At the end, you should have AppData\Roaming\Reaper\Eucon and inside of it, only see Eucon.ini and an FX Zones sub folder. There should be nothing else in there.

If you're still with me. Now let's download the latest and greatest version of EuControl and install it.

1. Log into your Avid Account here:

https://my.avid.com/products#MyProducts

2. Once logged in, click "My Products" from the top menu and select "Avid Download Center"

3. Look for EuControl on the list and click it

4. Then look for EuCon Unified Installer release 2021.6.1

5. Run that installer

6. It will probably force you to restart your PC - do this. If not, restart your PC anyway.

...at the end, you should have a working version of EuControl if nothing else. When you click "Restart all EUCON applications" you shouldn't get any warnings about missing files.

7. Now, if all that is done, then just try turning on your Artist Mix and launching Reaper.
Old 09-12-2021, 01:04 PM   #209
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

EuCon Exp.zip

As of now, adding/deleting tracks isn't supported, just want to get a feel whether this works for everyone on both platforms before refining it further.
Gave it a quick go on Windows and nothing terrible happened. As a proof of concept it works.

Note: I can "Nudge" (the button above bank) to before the first first track in the project and beyond the last track in the project. They don't act as boundaries. Not sure if it did that before or if I just hadn't tried doing that.

As you indicated, it does weird stuff when you insert tracks (the last tracks get cut off) so it's not ready for primetime yet, but it passes the smoke test. Obviously you can't use it in a blank project yet either since the channel count is 0.

Any chance the Global Latch Preview crash can get looked at? That's a huge issue on Windows for folks who use that automation method. There's no way to use the EuCon adapter without hard crashing Reaper when you run any Latch Preview actions. Running the Global Latch Preview action from the action list or transport causes an insta-crash so it's basically breaking Reaper functionality.
Old 09-12-2021, 01:07 PM   #210
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Gave it a quick go on Windows and nothing terrible happened. As a proof of concept it works.

Note: I can "Nudge" (the button above bank) to before the first first track in the project and beyond the last track in the project. They don't act as boundaries. Not sure if it did that before or if I just hadn't tried doing that.

As you indicated, it does weird stuff when you insert tracks (the last tracks get cut off) so it's not ready for primetime yet, but it passes the smoke test. Obviously you can't use it in a blank project yet either since the channel count is 0.
Cool, worth pursuing then.

Quote:
Any chance the Global Latch Preview crash can get looked at? That's a huge issue on Windows for folks who use that automation method. There's no way to use the EuCon adapter without hard crashing Reaper when you run any Latch Preview actions. Running the action from the action list or transport causes an insta-crash so it's basically breaking Reaper functionality.
Yup, that's the other reason I am over in EuCon world
Old 09-12-2021, 01:41 PM   #211
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Just checked, they actually do act as boundaries and always have, at least here on Mac OS.

They should stop when only one Track is left showing, they should not go past that.

Could you please verify that on Windows -- I'm starting to doubt cross-platform after the Latch news
Old 09-12-2021, 01:49 PM   #212
Old School Audio Guy

Quote:
We're a little closer. But still some problems. Pre-condition: please do not install the Eucon build Geoff just posted as that one sounds like it's extra experimental.

Let me know if you get errors anywhere along the way, what the error was, and at exactly which step the error occurred.

1. Your EuCon installation is still royally hosed. We can tell this because it can't find the software it needs to Restart EuCon applications as evidenced by your screen print. So uninstall EuControl from Windows "Add or Remove Programs." In that screen you're looking for "EUCON Workstation Unified" - click it - uninstall it.

...you should now have no traces of EuControl anywhere on your PC. It should be completely uninstalled. If that looks right, then...

3. Open Windows Explorer and delete the entire AppData\Roaming\Reaper\Eucon subfolder (just the Eucon folder - leave everything else exactly as it was). I want to make sure there isn't a parallel install or anything happening there. There should never have been any EuCon application files in this folder - I'm not sure how they got there - but that's absolutely the wrong place for them.

4. Open the EuconExp.zip file you downloaded yesterday and extract the Eucon folder there into AppData\Roaming\Reaper\. At the end, you should have AppData\Roaming\Reaper\Eucon and inside of it, only see Eucon.ini and an FX Zones sub folder. There should be nothing else in there.

If you're still with me. Now let's download the latest and greatest version of EuControl and install it.

2. Once logged in, click "My Products" from the top menu and select "Avid Download Center"

5. Run that installer

6. It will probably force you to restart your PC - do this. If not, restart your PC anyway.

...at the end, you should have a working version of EuControl if nothing else. When you click "Restart all EUCON applications" you shouldn't get any warnings about missing files.

7. Now, if all that is done, then just try turning on your Artist Mix and launching Reaper.
I already installed the .dll file in Userplugins already just remove that?
Old 09-12-2021, 02:30 PM   #213
Funkybot

Quote:
I already installed the .dll file in Userplugins already just remove that?
User Plugins is good. We're keeping that in place.
Old 09-12-2021, 02:32 PM   #214
Funkybot

Quote:
Just checked, they actually do act as boundaries and always have, at least here on Mac OS.

They should stop when only one Track is left showing, they should not go past that.

Could you please verify that on Windows -- I'm starting to doubt cross-platform after the Latch news
I went back to the September 8th build already but even there I can nudge the surface beyond the first and last tracks. They're not acting as boundaries.

Cross platform is fine. We just gotta you a Windows PC is all!
Old 09-12-2021, 02:59 PM   #215
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I went back to the September 8th build already but even there I can nudge the surface beyond the first and last tracks. They're not acting as boundaries.

Cross platform is fine. We just gotta you a Windows PC is all!
Well, then it is a bug in EuCon Windows version.

Unlike the automation, the Bank and Nudge controls never leave EuCon land, CSI never even gets notifications that they are being pressed.

Put an other way, there's nothing i can do to change anything here, but let's be absolutely clear what we are talking about, so here's what happens at my end:

With a 100 Track Project I can Bank so that Track 100 is rightmost -- Channel 16 on my 2 Mix setup.

I can then use Nudge to make Channel 15 be Track 100, Channel 16 goes blank.

I can continue to do that until Track 100 is on Channel 1, and all other Channels are blank.

I cannot go any further, there is always at least one Track showing.

Conversely, I can Bank so that Track 1 is leftmost -- Channel 1 on Mix 1.

I can then Nudge to make Channel 2 be Track 1, Channel 1 goes blank.

I can continue to do that until Track 1 is on Channel 16, and all other Channels are blank.

So there is always at least 1 Track visible on the surface.

Can you Nudge it so that there are no Tracks showing, all blank Channels ?
Old 09-12-2021, 03:06 PM   #216
Funkybot

Quote:
Well, then it is a bug in EuCon Windows version.

Unlike the automation, the Bank and Nudge controls never leave EuCon land, CSI never even gets notifications that they are being pressed.

Put an other way, there's nothing i can do to change anything here, but let's be absolutely clear what we are talking about, so here's what happens at my end:

With a 100 Track Project I can Bank so that Track 100 is rightmost -- Channel 16 on my 2 Mix setup.

I can then use Nudge to make Channel 15 be Track 100, Channel 16 goes blank.

I can continue to do that until Track 100 is on Channel 1, and all other Channels are blank.

Conversely, I can Bank so that Track 1 is leftmost -- Channel 1 on Mix 1.

I can then Nudge to make Channel 2 be Track 1, Channel 1 goes blank.

I can continue to do that until Track 1 is on Channel 16, and all other Channels are blank.

So there is always at least 1 Track visible on the surface.

Can you Nudge it so that there are no Tracks showing, all blank Channels ?
Ah, thank you for clarifying. This is a false alarm then!

I can put Track 1 on Fader 8 but no further. I was expecting that Track 1 on Fader 1 was as far as it would go. I had probably just never tried nudging beyond track 1.
Old 09-12-2021, 04:16 PM   #217
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

EuCon Exp.zip

Possible fix for Latch Preview bug.
Old 09-12-2021, 04:24 PM   #218
Funkybot

Quote:
New build is up.

EuCon Exp.zip

Possible fix for Latch Preview bug.
No longer crashing! All good. Thanks!
Old 09-12-2021, 04:26 PM   #219
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
No longer crashing! All good. Thanks!
Great news !

That really should have crashed on Mac too, so there really is no cross platform issue, other than Mac OS is more forgiving in this use case
Old 09-12-2021, 04:35 PM   #220
Geoff Waddington

Ok, let's zero in on the expansion strategy for the new dynamic Track count management.

It's going to be a balancing act.

If you add one Track at a time to a 200 Track project, there will be aggravating delays

So, we need a better expansion strategy.

I don't know the usage patterns, everyone is likely different, but we should be able to come up with something half decent.

Ok, here's a shot in the dark

When you add a Track, the project gets expanded by 10%.

So, if you added a track to a 200 Track project, it would actually add 20 Channels, do the rebuild, and not do another rebuild until you had used up the 20 allocated Channels.

It would then add 22 -- 10% of 220 Tracks.

That's just an quick idea to get things started, what would work for your use case(s) folks ?
Old 09-12-2021, 05:00 PM   #221
Funkybot

Quote:
Ok, let's zero in on the expansion strategy for the new dynamic Track count management.

It's going to be a balancing act.

If you add one Track at a time to a 200 Track project, there will be aggravating delays

So, we need a better expansion strategy.

I don't know the usage patterns, everyone is likely different, but we should be able to come up with something half decent.

Ok, here's a shot in the dark

When you add a Track, the project gets expanded by 10%.

So, if you added a track to a 200 Track project, it would actually add 20 Channels, do the rebuild, and not do another rebuild until you had used up the 20 allocated Channels.

It would then add 22 -- 10% of 220 Tracks.

That's just an quick idea to get things started, what would work for your use case(s) folks ?
That makes sense.

What's the initial allocation going to be? Still 64?
Old 09-12-2021, 05:16 PM   #222
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
That makes sense.

What's the initial allocation going to be? Still 64?
I think the initial will be whatever project you load + 10 %.
Old 09-12-2021, 05:19 PM   #223
Funkybot

Quote:
I think the initial will be whatever project you load + 10 %.
I'm thinking the initial allocation should be pretty high, then the dynamic allocation should kick in when that gets exceeded.

Think about this use case:

1. Starting with an empty project (0 tracks allocated)
2. Now I go and load a Kontakt Orchestral template that has 32 tracks

Or...

1. Start with an empty project
2. Insert 1 track (rebuild)
3. Insert another track (rebuild)
4. etc. all the way up to a full blown track - don't want to constantly run into this rebuild hit as you build up say a 32 track project over the course of a session
Old 09-12-2021, 05:29 PM   #224
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I'm thinking the initial allocation should be pretty high, then the dynamic allocation should kick in when that gets exceeded.

Think about this use case:

1. Starting with an empty project (0 tracks allocated)
2. Now I go and load a Kontakt Orchestral template that has 32 tracks

Or...

1. Start with an empty project
2. Insert 1 track (rebuild)
3. Insert another track (rebuild)
4. etc. all the way up to a full blown track - don't want to constantly run into this rebuild hit as you build up say a 32 track project over the course of a session
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.

OK, what you say makes sense for a bottom -- 64 Channels.

The whole idea of the expansion is so that you don't get the constant rebuild -- you add a Track, 16 get added, add the next Track, none get added, you already have enough.

When you run out of the 16, then you do a rebuild, adding another 16.

The exception would be if Reaper asks for a larger number -- say 32 for an orchestral template, then maybe just add the 32 and rebuild.

Still open to more refinement if you have more ideas.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:15 PM   #225
Old School Audio Guy

Quote:

5. Run that installer

Success!!! Yeah I don't have to buy new controllers Transport works
Channel solo and on buttons work fine Fader control works except for the Master Fader That seems to be mouse only, No Softkeys at all?
are there other files with the softkeys on them?
I would like to assign a specific fader to control the Master I want to fade the old school way
but it is working 98% just need to sort out the Master Fader Control.
Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
Cheers
Perry

Last edited by Old School Audio Guy; 09-12-2021 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Needed to add a letter I forgot
Old 09-12-2021, 07:33 PM   #226
Funkybot

Woohoo!

You can create your own Softkey assignments in EuControl. I've created some for the iPad/Avid Control. I've only got an Artist Mix (and the iPad) so don't know about the master fader. Might be on the to-do list, or someone else may be able to help on how to get that up and running.

But I'm glad you stuck with it and got it working!
Old 09-12-2021, 09:28 PM   #227
Old School Audio Guy

YEAH I could not be happier saved me from buying new controller
I will have to post about the Master Fader and ask if anyone has got that done
keys Image and file for eucontrol Adding menus is not that difficult just time consuming. I'm so glad to get this working
I've pulled all my ads to sell the artist setup this brings back life to something I was afraid I was going to eat, But we got it done
I'll start new threads for both new questions
Again many thanks
Cheers
Perry
Old 09-13-2021, 03:40 AM   #228
Heb

Quote:
Great news !

That really should have crashed on Mac too, so there really is no cross platform issue, other than Mac OS is more forgiving in this use case
That's fantastic news!
Great work Geoff!
Donation coming.
Heb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:12 AM   #229
Old School Audio Guy

Quote:
YEAH I could not be happier saved me from buying new controller
I will have to post about the Master Fader and ask if anyone has got that done
keys Image and file for eucontrol Adding menus is not that difficult just time consuming. I'm so glad to get this working
I've pulled all my ads to sell the artist setup this brings back life to something I was afraid I was going to eat, But we got it done
I'll start new threads for both new questions
Again many thanks
Cheers
Perry
Morning Funkybot
God I sure wish I was not having to write this
But Im back at where I was
Sorta
Eucontrol boots but not autoboot as it did yesterday till we got it working
Rebooting Eucon apps does not connect Reaper and The Artist system
Looking at my touchscreen it still says Studio One / Workstation
I even re=selected Eucon as the control still no change
I just turned everything off and went to bed
I guess the Surface is stuck in MCU mode
How do I get it out of this mode?
Thanks
Perry
Old 09-13-2021, 09:27 AM   #230
Old School Audio Guy

Now this is weird
after many reboots and Eucon restarts
The touchscreen say Reaper and it's working again
How weird? Any suggestions as to why and how I can stop this?
And not make it a daily routine?
Thanks
Perry
Old 09-13-2021, 09:43 AM   #231
Funkybot

Perry, I'm afraid I can't be of much help there. I suspect those types of issues have more to do with Eucon and/or your router settings. Having to "Restart all EUCON applications" is pretty much a once a day thing here but once it establishes the connection, things work well.

Studio One doesn't support Eucon as far as I know so are you flipping back and forth between MCU mode in Studio One, and Eucon mode in Reaper? Maybe there's something that's not resetting on the Eucon side. I have Studio One too but rarely open it and have long since given up on the Artist Mix in Studio One since I do most of my work in Reaper.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:13 PM   #232
Old School Audio Guy

Yeah, I've had many an email with Presonus although it does quite a bit, and is very flexible. The way I work and have for 30+ years I have finally gotten the email from Presonous support "Studio One isn't designed to work that way" even with a 16.50 monthly subscription It was hard to beat but as I got 2 controller keyboards things got real weird and of course having to ditch my perfectly working Eucon Artist surface.
I had tried Reaper a number of times and the Eucon functions were early on so of course, I had problems.
I just want to get the system stable so I can forget about repairs and just work when an Idea hits. So glad we could get it to work over the past few days, and you didn't have to remote in. I will work on finding a master fader solution, I bet if there was a dedicated Master Fader it would be a different situation altogether and the touchscreen is an imported file from within Eurocontrol I know how this works just have to do the work.
I need speakers!!!!!!!! hope next week
Cheers
Perry

Last edited by Old School Audio Guy; 09-16-2021 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Needed to add a line
Old 09-16-2021, 12:26 PM   #233
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I working on finding a master fader solution, I bet if there was a dedicated Master Fader it would be a different situation all together and the touchscreen is a imported file from within Eucontrol I know how this works just have to do the work.
Think there is a reasonable workaround here:

You can use Reaper Groups to create an alias for the Master.

Check this video, right at the beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tmI88BKnb8

Let's say you have an 8 Channel surface and you want the Master to be rightmost.

Insert a blank Track in Reaper on Track 8.

Using Groups, tie Track 8 directly to the Master, they will now move in unison.

Now, using the EuControl app, Assign Channel 8 to Track 8 -- now the Master will not move, it will always be Channel 8.

It's actually a lot easier to do than explain
Old 09-16-2021, 10:08 PM   #234
Old School Audio Guy

Hi Geoff
I will give that a try this weekend for the master fader
Geoff is the Jog Wheel in development yet?
I miss being able to jog and move audio clips with the wheel
Anyway, Eucon is still solid on Win 10 I do have to restart all Eucon applications when I have reaper booted up, restart All Eucon Applications
with Reaper being the currently active app at the time. Got any Eucon touchscreen setup files you wish to share? Sure wish someone would write the Eucon Control touch screen Menu's
sure would save me some time.
Oh yeah, I ordered new speakers today! Next week!!!
Oh yeah Thanks for all your work so far very much appreciated
Thanks again
Cheers
Perry

Last edited by Old School Audio Guy; 09-16-2021 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Needed to add a line
Old 09-23-2021, 09:51 AM   #235
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff
I will give that a try this weekend for the master fader
Geoff is the Jog Wheel in development yet?
I miss being able to jog and move audio clips with the wheel
Anyway, Eucon is still solid on Win 10 I do have to restart all Eucon applications when I have reaper booted up, restart All Eucon Applications
with Reaper being the currently active app at the time. Got any Eucon touchscreen setup files you wish to share? Sure wish someone would write the Eucon Control touch screen Menu's
sure would save me some time.
Oh yeah, I ordered new speakers today! Next week!!!
Oh yeah Thanks for all your work so far very much appreciated
Thanks again
Cheers
Perry
Sorry I missed this !

Glad to hear things are generally running well.

Haven't started development on the Jog Wheel yet.

Don't have any touchscreen files, maybe someone else out there ?
Old 09-23-2021, 09:56 AM   #236
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

EuCon Exp.zip

Channel count now automatically managed, not optimized yet.

If you add a Track or Tracks, EuCon expands automatically.

If you delete a Track or Tracks, EuCon does nothing.

Didn't implement any fancy algos, just wanted to see what you folks think first.

It has a minimum of 64 Channels, so you will need more than that for testing

Take it for a spin, let me know what you find

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 09-23-2021 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-23-2021, 05:32 PM   #237
Funkybot

Just gave it a quick go and up to 64 tracks, everything was snappy and working very well. Adding tracks, deleting tracks, all good.

After 64 tracks, I started seeing some issues. First: tracks 65-72 had no fader response or track names. The meters worked though! So I was seeing signal. But the faders on the Eucon were at -inf both on the Artist Mix and on the Avid Control app. Moving the faders had no effect. No track names were appearing either.

Also, it seems like after 64, it was quickly rebuilding the surface for each new track. Took maybe 3 seconds. Insert a bunch of tracks quickly and there's a brief lag on Reaper's GUI and the surfaces take maybe 6 seconds to refresh. Nothing crazy, but not instantaneous. Note: my own projects never exceed 64 tracks, just wanted to give this a quick test and report back!

Shutting down was instantaneous. All faders reset to -inf. I just remembered I used to have issues with Eucon when it was part of CSI where the faders wouldn't reset to zero on closing Reaper but that's all fixed now it seems.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:13 PM   #238
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Just gave it a quick go and up to 64 tracks, everything was snappy and working very well. Adding tracks, deleting tracks, all good.

After 64 tracks, I started seeing some issues. First: tracks 65-72 had no fader response or track names. The meters worked though! So I was seeing signal. But the faders on the Eucon were at -inf both on the Artist Mix and on the Avid Control app. Moving the faders had no effect. No track names were appearing either.

Also, it seems like after 64, it was quickly rebuilding the surface for each new track. Took maybe 3 seconds. Insert a bunch of tracks quickly and there's a brief lag on Reaper's GUI and the surfaces take maybe 6 seconds to refresh. Nothing crazy, but not instantaneous. Note: my own projects never exceed 64 tracks, just wanted to give this a quick test and report back!

Shutting down was instantaneous. All faders reset to -inf. I just remembered I used to have issues with Eucon when it was part of CSI where the faders wouldn't reset to zero on closing Reaper but that's all fixed now it seems.
Cool, thanks for testing !!

Yes, for now there is no expansion strategy, it just adds tracks as requested, rebuilding after each request.

Will look into the 65-72 bug.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:44 PM   #239
Funkybot

Quote:
Cool, thanks for testing !!

Yes, for now there is no expansion strategy, it just adds tracks as requested, rebuilding after each request.

Will look into the 65-72 bug.
And I mean, I just stopped at 72. I think it's a 64+ issue.
Old 09-24-2021, 06:07 PM   #240
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

EuCon Exp.zip

Possible fix for Windows Track colours.

First cut at Auto-manage Track Count.

If you insert a blank Track, the surface name does not reset -- just rename it upon insertion.

If you add Tracks at the very end don't forget to bank them into view.

Let me know what you find, I also optimized it a bit

[Edit] -- removed the 64 Channel minimum, no longer needed

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 09-24-2021 at 06:32 PM.