Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 02-21-2020, 01:38 AM   #1
chumbo
Human being with feelings

Default 4 bugs with one action (Glueing two items)

Hi,
Glueing two items together produces four odd results...

Bug n. 1: When glueing together several item of the same color, they are returned to the default grey color. Or as was explained to me, they actually take the color of the track. Nevertheless, It would make more sense for them to keep the same color of course. Otherwise, had I wanted the items to be the same color as the track...I would have done so, right?

Bug n. 2: When glueing two items that are in 'Free item positioning' on one track, It not only greys out the item after glueing but it MOVES it down below the other item?? (see gif below).

Bug n. 3: Ok, it's not directly related to the glueing issue but I noticed it when doing the gif below. You'll notice that the color gradient doesn't change when empty items are selected (non-audio, non-MIDI). So no way to tell if an item is selected or not?

Bug n. 4: You'll notice below that when splitting the item, the two resulting items keep the properties of the original (item color, text/note and it's settings (Stretch image/text')). We get two duplicate items, as you'd expect. But when glued together, despite each item having the EXACT same properties, color and Text/note are lost!
I can understand if after splitting, I had changed to the text or color on each item and then glued them, that Reaper cannot accommodate that and would have to make some choices and introduce some kind of change but...not if they're identical!
Again, as with bug n. 1, 2, & 3, let the user make the changes before or after the glueing. No reason for Reaper to change the color, move the item and remove the text/note properties if it wasn't requested, right?

I know there are some scripts and workarounds that solve some of these issues but it's such common sense that I hope it will be addressed natively.

chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote