Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #6801
RJHollins
Human being with feelings

Well ... it took a few tries ... but I think I got Stripper in the new portable.

Apparently, the Export Config is not as comprehensive as I thought ... or it was due to not installing the SWS and extra API files.

Anyway ... I ended up dragging in my ole Resource file, and then merged in the Resource from GitHub.

I did do the built-in Stripper update ... it downloaded and installed ... but the version number did not change :| v: 0.94.0115

Not sure if anything is different. My custom GUI strip loaded and looks fine.

Was curious about the new Mode [direct ?], but I've not seen/found that.

Guess I'll be re-reading through this thread to learn more ...

Lastly ... this is why I don't do major updates during on-going. Luckily being a portable, I could do this a leisure.

RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:31 AM   #6802
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Well ... it took a few tries ... but I think I got Stripper in the new portable.

Apparently, the Export Config is not as comprehensive as I thought ... or it was due to not installing the SWS and extra API files.

Anyway ... I ended up dragging in my ole Resource file, and then merged in the Resource from GitHub.

I did do the built-in Stripper update ... it downloaded and installed ... but the version number did not change :| v: 0.94.0115

Not sure if anything is different. My custom GUI strip loaded and looks fine.

Was curious about the new Mode [direct ?], but I've not seen/found that.

Guess I'll be re-reading through this thread to learn more ...

Lastly ... this is why I don't do major updates during on-going. Luckily being a portable, I could do this a leisure.

Hmmm. Is it running version 0115? that's very old now...

Should be 0185...

Ahh - I have to say I've not tried the updater on a portable install - although in theory it should work - maybe it doesn't...

I would try the update manually...

And as much as I hate to say it - check your main install - it may now be running the latest version (although it should all be fine - you could put 0115 back on it to be sure). EDIT: I don't see how the updater would have affected the main install though - so it should be ok.

Last edited by lb0; Today at 01:37 AM.
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:31 AM   #6803
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hmmm. Is it running version 0115? that's very old now...

Should be 0185...

Ahh - I have to say I've not tried the updater on a portable install - although in theory it should work - maybe it doesn't...

I would try the update manually...

And as much as I hate to say it - check your main install - it may now be running the latest version (although it should all be fine - you could put 0115 back on it to be sure). EDIT: I don't see how the updater would have affected the main install though - so it should be ok.
Well ... I just downloaded [SaveAS] the 'latest' LBX Stripper.lua from Github

When I run it, Open Setting ... its v:0.94.0115

Looking at the actual script, I see: lvar.scriptver = '0.94.0185' --Script Version

hmmm ...

now I wonder if the Portable is looking at my v:5 Hard Install .... that's the same Stripper version ?!? hmmm again.
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:57 AM   #6804
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Well ... I just downloaded [SaveAS] the 'latest' LBX Stripper.lua from Github

When I run it, Open Setting ... its v:0.94.0115

Looking at the actual script, I see: lvar.scriptver = '0.94.0185' --Script Version

hmmm ...

now I wonder if the Portable is looking at my v:5 Hard Install .... that's the same Stripper version ?!? hmmm again.
I'm confused now certainly... Check your resources path from your portable install...
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote