Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2020, 08:55 AM   #1
simonluca
Human being with feelings

Default Hardware Controller to OSC

Hello everyone,
so, in the 7th Corona lockdown day I decided to resuscitate my BCR2000 to use it as controller for plugins, softsynths, hardware synths and hardware outboards.

Since BCR has infinite rotary encoders, my goal is have parameter feedback (Reaper -> BCR) and in my understanding OSCII is the best way to achieve this.
Another Idea is to take advantage of he 14bit setting possibilities of the BCR to gain more accuracy in controlling some parameters. I thought to achieve this by "converting" 14Bit midi to OSC messages.

My problem is that the documentation is very poor, provided examples are not commented and I'm not a programmer, so I'm having a lot of troubles. Even how to define the outboard controller is not clear to me (BCR is listed in reaper as "BEHRINGER - BCR2000 - Port 1"; should I put quotation marks? Should I rename it to delete spaces in the name?).

There was a user called "Banned" (or was he banned for real?) who actually did something very similar but all his contributes are offline now and he is not active anymore since 5 years.
I'm a Max-Msp user and I write some Javascript code (always in the MaxMsp realm), so i have some sort of programming background, at least logic-side. MIDI world is kind of blurry to me but I can study it.

Anyone in the willing of helping me out? Maybe someone downloaded Mr "Banned" scripts before they got lost. Maybe someone did something similar for his/her own controller.

Thank you and stay healthy!