Old 03-05-2020, 07:51 PM   #1
Reason
Human being with feelings

Default Axe IO Reamping - how to reamp DIs?

I can do a live/simultaneous reamp, where In 1 is the guitar DI, the Amp Out on the Axe IO goes to my amp, and my mic is In 2. This works well for me.

What I don't know how to do is play that recorded DI back through the Axe IO in order for it to go back through the Amp Out and get mic'd again.

I don't even know where to start. I'm sure anyone inclined to help me will want information but I'm not sure what will be needed, so happy to answer anything I can. Thanks in advance.
Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:16 PM   #2
domzy

never used one, but it looks like it has a dedicated output for re-amping, so presumably you just set your recorded DI guitar track to this hardware out (out 5?)
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:01 PM   #3
Reason

Thanks for the response. I didn't see that option when I was checking last night, but I'll take another look when I'm home tonight.

It has a second pair of outputs, 3 and 4, that can be set to "mirror" 1 and 2, but I wasn't able to see those outputs (or 5) in Reaper, just 1 and 2. Maybe they're not recognized in Reaper unless that option is selected in the AxeIO control panel.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:52 PM   #4
domzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason View Post
Thanks for the response. I didn't see that option when I was checking last night, but I'll take another look when I'm home tonight.

It has a second pair of outputs, 3 and 4, that can be set to "mirror" 1 and 2, but I wasn't able to see those outputs (or 5) in Reaper, just 1 and 2. Maybe they're not recognized in Reaper unless that option is selected in the AxeIO control panel.
how have you set your output range in preferences / audio / device?
i would assume you have to select 5 as your "last" (but i've never used an Axe so obviously i'm just guessing)
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:45 PM   #5
Reason

OK, yeah, that was it. I had looked last night but the Last was 2. Today it's 6. Only thing I can think of is that not all outputs were enabled when I had opened Reaper, so it didn't detect them.

I added a new Hardware Output from the DI track to the target track and it works easily.

Thanks for your help!