Old 12-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
signoc
Human being with feelings

Default JS Midisend Pitchbend bug?

I never used pitchbend automation much in the past but I hooked up a Roland Juno 106. For those of you familiar with it it's possible to use the pitchbend to control VCF.

Well, I've tried the scripts available to control pitchbend(including my own) and it doesn't work as supposed.

First of all, if I automate or manually drag the slider in any of the scripts that controls pitchbend it does some pitchbending then starts switching soundbanks on every synth connected to the same midi-out regardless of which midiport they respond too.

Since this happens with all the scripts I've tested I'm wondering if anyone experienced the same problem or has any idea on whats going on.

I don't think it's a hardware issue with my midi-interface or the synths because when I use Logic 5.5 to automate pitchbend I have no problem, everything works.

I have the same behaviour in Reaper 2.53 and in the latest alpha version.
signoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:04 AM   #2
signoc
Human being with feelings

Default Update

Since there is a new alpha I tested that too, I have also tested Reaper 2.42
and 2.301.

I have the same errors.

For these particular tests I used wobulator
With settings:
Max Bend: 100%
LFO Frequency: 5.1
LFO Units: Hertz
Updates per beat: 128

Regardless of what version of reaper that is used wobulator (or any other script that sends pitchbend information) What happends is that is start switching banks and programs on the external synthesizer that is the midi is routed to (and also other synths on the same midi outport if they are powered on).

I tested pitchmessages via the controller lane in the midi editor(only tested in 2.301) and that works, it's just JS-scripts that modify pitchbend that shows this unexpected behaviour.

Also Software synthesizers doesn't do the bank switching in these cases so it must be some Reaper bug when dealing with external MIDI ?
signoc is offline   Reply With Quote