Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 02-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #1
daxliniere
Human being with feelings

Default Problem recognising Waves Waveshell*.dll plugins

Hey all,
I discovered a bit of an issue with Waves plugins (using the stupid waveshell.dll) when the option Preferences>Plug-ins>VST>"Get VST names/types when scanning" is disabled.

Personally, I prefer this option disabled so I can manage my plugins manually, however it causes Waves plugins to not be recognised.

Perhaps REAPER should always 'Get VST names/types when scanning' any waveshell*.dll plugins?

All the best,
Dax.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:00 PM   #2
dennisnv

Default I agree this needs a fix

I too have the problem and must evoke the "clear cache and rescan" command to get any newly purchased WAVES plugins to appear in the REAPER plugin inventory. This, however, takes a long time since I have a lot of plugins some of which require my attention during the rescan such as my Korg Kronos VST interface. It seems like a simple code correction in REAPER would save me a lot of down time.
dennisnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:02 PM   #3
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisnv View Post
I too have the problem and must evoke the "clear cache and rescan" command to get any newly purchased WAVES plugins to appear in the REAPER plugin inventory. This, however, takes a long time since I have a lot of plugins some of which require my attention during the rescan such as my Korg Kronos VST interface. It seems like a simple code correction in REAPER would save me a lot of down time.
That's a Waves related issue because all Waves plugins flow through that single shell DLL then reaper adds what it gets back to the cache. I don't think reaper has a lot choices in this one that isn't special code just for Waves which would be non-standard and a bit of a hack IMHO.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:30 AM   #4
ivansc

Agreed 100%. With waves as it is right now we just have to conform to their idea of whats best and put up with the occasional aggravation. At least nowadays they sorta support reaper and Waves Central seems to have helped immensely.