Old 09-24-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
OakleyRdStudios
Human being with feelings

Default Where are the theme images?

Say I wanted to change a few elements of the theme, where do I go hunting for the image files on a Mac?

Also, is it possible to mix things up - for instance, can I use the mixer from one theme and the arrange window from another theme? How would I go about this? Can I just edit the images or do I need heavy programming experience?
OakleyRdStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:13 AM   #2
DarkStar

The images are in (folders in) the ReaperThemeZip file; that file is just a ZIP file under another name. You should be able to unzip it (or whatever, on OSX) and find the images.

You can mix things up but it can be a lot of editing work. Replacing an image by the same-sized image from another theme is straight-forward. Different sized images or different positions needs editing of the rtconfig.txt file. Get to know WALTER!
Old 09-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #3
OakleyRdStudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
The images are in (folders in) the ReaperThemeZip file; that file is just a ZIP file under another name. You should be able to unzip it (or whatever, on OSX) and find the images.

You can mix things up but it can be a lot of editing work. Replacing an image by the same-sized image from another theme is straight-forward. Different sized images or different positions needs editing of the rtconfig.txt file. Get to know WALTER!
Thank you. I've worked out how to unzip, using Terminal. A brief look at WALTER tells me I'll need to sit down and study it when I have more time. I'll be content only to substitute images of the same size for now.

Last edited by OakleyRdStudios; 09-24-2018 at 04:32 PM.
OakleyRdStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:13 AM   #4
woogish

I thought they were in a U.S.
woogish is offline   Reply With Quote