Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 11-26-2020, 12:45 AM   #1
gvdv
Human being with feelings

Default 'Show Track Input When Rec-Armed' Not Disappearing When De-Selected?

I tried de-selecting the 'Show Track Input When Rec-Armed' in Preferences-Appearance-Track Control Panels - Track Control Panel Settings, but this makes no difference at all - the Track Input option is still on the Track Control Panel, regardless of whether I use 'Apply' or whether I close the programme and re-open it.

Is there another master setting that affects this?

If not, is this a bug?
gvdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:38 AM   #2
nicholas
Scribe

Have you tried checking Theme Manager Settings? Options, Themes , Theme Adjuster? You should be able to set it there by setting it to hide when track not armed (or something like that )

Last edited by nicholas; 11-26-2020 at 04:46 AM.
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:44 AM   #3
gvdv

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
Have you tried checking Theme Manager Settings? Options, Themes , Theme Adjuster? You should be able to set it there by setting it to hide when track not armed (or something like that )
Hi nicholas.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, when I try to access the Theme Adjuster I can only get the 'Custom Color Track Names - Color Controls' panel/options.

Before the recent update to Reaper 6.16 I was able to access some other options here, but not many.

I also notice that there is now no way for me to collapse folders in the Mixer (will post a separate thread about that).
Old 11-26-2020, 01:50 PM   #4
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvdv View Post
Unfortunately, when I try to access the Theme Adjuster I can only get the 'Custom Color Track Names - Color Controls' panel/options.
That's strange. Are you using the default theme? Do you mean that when you select Options, Themes, Theme Adjuster/Color controls Theme you're not seeing the little arrows that switch pages (see mouse pointer in picture) or that they are there but not working?

You should be able to go to the Track Control Panel page and make the adjustment I described above (see second pic).
Attached Images
File Type: png theme adj.png (4.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: png theme adj tcp.png (52.7 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by nicholas; 11-26-2020 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 03:24 PM   #5
gvdv

Quote:
That's strange. Are you using the default theme? Do you mean that when you select Options, Themes, Theme Adjuster/Color controls Theme you're not seeing the little arrows that switch pages (see mouse pointer in picture) or that they are there but not working?

You should be able to go to the Track Control Panel page and make the adjustment I described above (see second pic).
Thanks again for your reply, nicholas.

No, I do not see the arrows, but I was able to a few updates ago.

See attached photo for a screen shot of what I see (and no amount of clicking around on the panel activates any form of action).

I got a reply on another forum about a VST GUI on which I could not see how to adjust one parameter, and was told that there is an arrow there. Again, I cannot see that.

Is this Reaper and my graphics card not integrating properly?

See next message for image.

Last edited by gvdv; 11-26-2020 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 03:34 PM   #6
gvdv

Here is what I see when I go to the Theme Adjuster (see attached image).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reaper Screen Adjuster Screen Shot 2.JPG (36.7 KB, 82 views)
Old 11-26-2020, 05:38 PM   #7
nicholas
Scribe

There isn't a header Global Settings above the area that you show, with a little triangle (arrow) before and after the header (see below)? These switch you between pages.

If not, what theme are you using? To check, do Options, Themes and see which one is ticked.
Attached Images
File Type: png global settings.png (6.9 KB, 62 views)
Old 11-27-2020, 01:50 PM   #8
gvdv

Quote:
There isn't a header Global Settings above the area that you show, with a little triangle (arrow) before and after the header (see below)? These switch you between pages.

If not, what theme are you using? To check, do Options, Themes and see which one is ticked.
Hi nicholas.
Thanks.

No, I do not get that Global Settings header/page.

I used to get it a couple of updates ago, but not now.

I am using the 6.16 Default theme, but even when I go and switch to other themes, selecting and de-selecting the 'Show Track Input...' option does nothing.

I have also found that there are several other things that do not work.

Now, also, I am having other problems, but will not confuse this thread By mentioning those, because the problem I mentioned in this thread proceeded the other ones I am now having with Reaper.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:36 PM   #9
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvdv View Post
Hi nicholas.
No, I do not get that Global Settings header/page.
Try hovering the mouse on the bottom edge of that window to see a double headed arrow (see attached). Then click/drag down.
Attached Images
File Type: png drag window.png (2.5 KB, 71 views)
Old 11-27-2020, 10:17 PM   #10
gvdv

Quote:
Try hovering the mouse on the bottom edge of that window to see a double headed arrow (see attached). Then click/drag down.
Thanks, nicholas.

Unfortunately, I had tried that already, with no success because I cannot get far enough down to the bottom of the screen to see if there is a double-headed arrow there, regardless of how much I pull the window down from the top and then try to pull it 'open' from the bottom - it just keeps re-sizing itself.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:57 AM   #11
xpander

The little arrows Nicholas mentioned earlier are not at the bottom of the Theme Adjuster window but top, right below the header frame. Instead of dragging the whole adjuster window down, keep it up on the screen and then drag the bottom of the window down like Nicholas showed. This will give the upper parts of that window enough room to scroll down and become visible.

Have you changed any of the GUI size related settings recently?

Last edited by xpander; 11-28-2020 at 11:05 AM.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:36 PM   #12
gvdv

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
The little arrows Nicholas mentioned earlier are not at the bottom of the Theme Adjuster window but top, right below the header frame. Instead of dragging the whole adjuster window down, keep it up on the screen and then drag the bottom of the window down like Nicholas showed. This will give the upper parts of that window enough room to scroll down and become visible.

Have you changed any of the GUI size related settings recently?
Thanks, xpander.
I should have said in my message that I tried all kinds of things, including trying to drag the bottom of the window down; that would not work because the 'reset colors' text just kept on being at the bottom of the window, so I tried to make the upper part of the window smaller, thinking that might help, but it did not.

Crazy thing is that a couple of updates ago I used to be able to see the new Theme Adjuster with no problem; now, even if I revert to one of those updates, I cannot see the Adjuster.

EDIT - Tried several times to upload a screenshot using the same method as I successfully did the other day, and could not get it to work.

The main point is that the only way I can get to the options which are in the Theme Adjuster window is to choose Options-Layouts, and then I get a list, consisting of:
Default Layout
Transport
Envelope Panel
Master Mixer Panel
Mixer Panel
Master Track Panel
Track Panel

and then I get the A and B choices and 150%, 100%, 75%, and 50% under each of the categories named above.

Last edited by gvdv; 11-28-2020 at 04:04 PM.