Old 11-27-2020, 07:50 AM   #1
Otis T
Human being with feelings

Default Multiple plugins with one controller

Sorry if this is a noob question, but I'm a noob, so that's what I got.
I have an Akai MK2. I want to assign EZ Drummer to the pads, and a synth to the keys. I only get both on everything. I'm sure it's a simple thing, but it's beyond my current understanding of such things. Any assistance would be helpful and appreciated.
Otis T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:53 AM   #2
loreto.z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis T View Post
Sorry if this is a noob question, but I'm a noob, so that's what I got.
I have an Akai MK2. I want to assign EZ Drummer to the pads, and a synth to the keys. I only get both on everything. I'm sure it's a simple thing, but it's beyond my current understanding of such things. Any assistance would be helpful and appreciated.
Yes I have the same problem with my Akai mpk225, keys play the synth and drums at the same time and the pads also play drums and synth at the same time, I have tried just about eveything I have read upon and nothing works.
Please help
loreto.z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 08:59 AM   #3
TonE

Hey friends, can you both give a screenshot of your Reaper so the suggestion would fit to your situation.

Do you need both synth control one after the other or both in parallel (at the same time)?

If for example one after the other, you can set the selected track to auto-record arm for example. Then you would only hear the notes of that selected track. Have fun.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 01:46 PM   #4
DaveCoast

Does the Akai have something like a MIDI control center (that's what it is called for Artura controllers).

Basically you create a user map that sends the PADs to one MIDI channel and the keyboard to another.

Then just set your input to each track to the same controller and specify the associated MIDI channel.
DaveCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:45 AM   #5
loreto.z

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCoast View Post
Does the Akai have something like a MIDI control center (that's what it is called for Artura controllers).

Basically you create a user map that sends the PADs to one MIDI channel and the keyboard to another.

Then just set your input to each track to the same controller and specify the associated MIDI channel.
Thanks guys, I found out that in edit you can assign what notes with what pads you want. Totally newbie, thanks. Have safe n happy holidays.

P.D. By the way I did not get a notice by email that my thread was answered, is there a setup for that? or do I have to look in my posts everytime to see if I get a reply?

Last edited by loreto.z; 12-30-2021 at 03:47 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 12-30-2021, 04:17 AM   #6
loreto.z

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreto.z View Post
Thanks guys, I found out that in edit you can assign what notes with what pads you want. Totally newbie, thanks. Have safe n happy holidays.

P.D. By the way I did not get a notice by email that my thread was answered, is there a setup for that? or do I have to look in my posts everytime to see if I get a reply?
Nevermind folks I found out where I can change my notification settings.
Old 12-30-2021, 04:19 AM   #7
RobertP

underneath these posts Thread Tools, 'subscribe to this thread' click and choose how you want a notification.