Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 06-14-2015, 06:06 PM   #1
Bohemo
Human being with feelings

Default TimewARP 2600 - Wayout Ware/Sonivox incompatible?

Hello everyone, I just bought Wayout Wares TimewARP 2600 VSTi from Sonivox. It will not work on our Macbook Pro / OS X 10.10 / 2.5 GHz i7 /16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3/ SSD. The GUI is cut in half and stuck at the bottom of the screen. No matter what size the screen is expanded, the GUI sticks cut in half and to the bottom so half the controls are invisible. We got ZERO help from Sonivox except some condescending rhetoric about supporting all major "professional" platforms and how it is against their policy to issue refunds on software even if it is the same day of purchase and it doesn't work.

Has anyone else had the same issue and found a solution. Seems like a good emulation (though extreeeemely slow to load and change presets) It will actually give you a spinning Mac waiting waiting waiting color wheel when switching presets. With ample RAM and an SSD, I've never seen that even with huge Kontact samples or memory hog VSTi's. Sort of kicking myself for not going with Arturia Arp 2600v even though the TimewARP may sound more authentic. Hard to say.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:01 PM   #2
Bohemo

Default update

I have found no solution. Contacted Sonivox and Wayout Ware but no help or refund from Sonivox and no response whatsoever from Wayout Ware. Total waste of money and I don't think I would ever buy anything that comes from either of these companies. Is there really so much money to made from ripping musicians off that it makes sense to companies to do stuff like this?
Old 07-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #3
jprobes

Default same problem

I have the same issue, AU version outrightly crashes Reaper and VST shows up with half the synth missing. Sonivox support in massive denial. purchased through plugin boutique so I hope they will refund. Its to bad sounds good, but if I cant control it ,it's not of much use to me. Have one other Sonivox product I picked up for 5 dollars and though it doesn't sound half bad, the usability is garbage The coding is off, it falls out of sync ,etc. et al. Im wondering if your machine has the dual inte,l Nvidia graphic setup mine has, almost identical specs. mine is an A1398 late 2012.
jprobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:04 AM   #4
EvilDragon

Yeah that plugin is really some shoddy coding.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:33 PM   #5
michaelfjacob

Default Possible workaround

I experienced the same issue. If you click on the UI button you can access the instruments parameters via sliders. Not quite as intuitive as using the GUI, but it would work. Another possible workaround for Mac users is to program and save your presets in Garage Band. I haven't actually tried it myself yet, but I would think that a user rest saved in GarageBand should still be visible in Reaper.

Edit: My curiosity got the better of me, so I went in and tested it. Yes, you can program your patches in GarageBand and load them up in Reaper. It is a bit of a hassle since we have to bounce between two DAWs, but at least we might get some use out of an instrument we paid for.

Last edited by michaelfjacob; 08-14-2019 at 05:59 PM.
michaelfjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:36 AM   #6
ivansc

In another thread I talked about MY totally neutral/negative experience with Sonivox support, which in reality no longer exists in its former manner since they were bought out. The new owners have no real interest in supporting customers who bought before the take over. Uninstalled all my Sonivox stuff yesterda.