Old 07-05-2019, 11:47 AM   #1
MaCs
Human being with feelings

Default v5.979+dev0705 - July 5 2019

v5.979+dev0705 - July 5 2019
  • + Envelopes: fix time selection edits that start at the beginning of a media item [p=2154450]
  • + Notation editor: fix chasing key signature changes when displaying multiple tracks [t=222703]
  • + macOS: workaround appearance issues when user forces dark mode rendering for app (requires Metal to be enabled) [t=222366]
  • # macOS: automatically disable metal if no metal devices installed
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
MaCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:10 PM   #2
dupont

Justin,

# macOS: automatically disable metal if no metal devices installed

solves this

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=27

No more UI glitches on OSX El Capitan. Thanks.
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:09 AM   #3
bFooz

Quote:
+ Notation editor: fix chasing key signature changes when displaying multiple tracks [t=222703]
Working well so far.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:18 AM   #4
bFooz

This guy from previous version is nice

Quote:
+ Mouse modifiers: fix preference to ignore targeting media item lower half [t=222080]
It might need some highlighting in the final changelog to prevent a confusion that the botton context is suddenly not working, as happened here.

Also there is this related issue with empty items which is now counting the third year from its introduction in 5.20:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....54#post1950754
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #5
ferropop

Default MIDI Editor not updating gridlines

MAC -- New issue introduced: Gridlines on MIDI Editor not updating until somehow interacting with the editor.

Using hotkeys 1-5 to cycle between whole, 1/2, 1/4 etc. You'll see the Arrangement Grid updates properly (they're linked btw) but the MIDI Editor grid only updates when I zoom the editor, or click on it, or something along those lines.

Last edited by ferropop; 07-06-2019 at 12:32 PM.
ferropop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:58 PM   #6
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferropop View Post
MAC -- New issue introduced: Gridlines on MIDI Editor not updating until somehow interacting with the editor.

Using hotkeys 1-5 to cycle between whole, 1/2, 1/4 etc. You'll see the Arrangement Grid updates properly (they're linked btw) but the MIDI Editor grid only updates when I zoom the editor, or click on it, or something along those lines.

Thanks, fixing!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:09 PM   #7
gofer
-blänk-

I'm aware that I am late with this, but I have a niggle with the recently added

+ support copy/paste of CC events from one lane to another

I think it should be possible to copy from a CC lane to a channel pressure lane and vice versa, please.

Currently if you try this, Reaper will ignore the click into the desired lane. It will always paste into the lane you copied from, which can be pretty annoying. Even if the conversion isn't possible, Reaper should rather not paste at all in that case, instead of ignoring that the user has clicked into another lane.

I know that CC and channel pressure have a slightly different structure in that channel pressure carries the value in the second byte, but that shouldn't be a problem too hard to solve.

Btw, conversion between channel pressure and CC is also not working in event properties, because of the byte difference. It tries, but confuses value with CC number. That should probably be a bug report, because it likely has been that way a long time, but I thought I'd mention it here as well, because the problem as well as the possible fix are (hopefully) very similar.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:10 PM   #8
deeb

Quote:
Using hotkeys 1-5 to cycle between whole, 1/2, 1/4 etc.
Sorry out of topic but I wonder which action allows us this?
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:03 PM   #9
ferropop

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeb View Post
Sorry out of topic but I wonder which action allows us this?

And I have T set to "Toggle Triplet Grid". It's so easy and fast with these actions; instant convenient grid settings without having to zoom or touch the timeline (aka every other DAW).
ferropop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:12 PM   #10
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
I think it should be possible to copy from a CC lane to a channel pressure lane and vice versa, please.
That seems reasonable, yes.

Quote:
Btw, conversion between channel pressure and CC is also not working in event properties, because of the byte difference. It tries, but confuses value with CC number. That should probably be a bug report, because it likely has been that way a long time, but I thought I'd mention it here as well, because the problem as well as the possible fix are (hopefully) very similar.
That was fixed in 5.978 I believe (I just tested it and confirmed it is working as expected, both right clicking on a CC in the lane, or from the list editor).
Old 07-06-2019, 04:51 PM   #11
deeb

Quote:
ohh ok thanks!
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:26 AM   #12
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
That was fixed in 5.978 I believe (I just tested it and confirmed it is working as expected, both right clicking on a CC in the lane, or from the list editor).
Weird, it isn't working for me. This Licecap is taken in 5.979 proper under Windows 10. I see the same result in the latest +dev versions (in both, CC lanes and event list):

I verified in the event list that conversion of CC74 to channel pressure results in all values being 74, so it's indeed a MIDI byte mismatch (converting pressure to CC always gives values of zero).
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 03:15 AM   #13
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Weird, it isn't working for me. This Licecap is taken in 5.979 proper under Windows 10. I see the same result in the latest +dev versions (in both, CC lanes and event list):

I verified in the event list that conversion of CC74 to channel pressure results in all values being 74, so it's indeed a MIDI byte mismatch (converting pressure to CC always gives values of zero).
Ah for the batch conversion, oops, yep that needs to be fixed.